“Learned to Ski Here, Affordable”
Review of Loveland Ski Area

Loveland Ski Area
Ranked #3 of 17 things to do in Georgetown
More attraction details
Owner description: With over 400 inches of snowfall a year, this resort boasts some of the best skiing in the state and one of the longest seasons.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Learned to Ski Here, Affordable”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I have only skied once, and that was 20 years ago. I was very pleased with the lesson I received at Loveland Ski area. The lesson lasted all day, and the group size was kept small. I think I had 7 people in my group. I also opted to rent my equipment with the lesson, which was a good deal. The instructor was nice, but he wasn’t for everyone. He taught me how to ski, so I liked him. Loveland has a great beginner area that is ONLY for beginners. Everyone on the learning slope (which is a hill, not a mountain) is learning. It is a great place to learn. I only did the lesson, so I cannot speak to the rest of the mountain…

Visited February 2013
2 Thank tourguide337

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Missouri City, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great Little Resort”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This was my second time to ski and I loved it. We have been to several ski resorts over the years and most of them had this annoying air of snottiness to it. I understand if you are a first class skier that you want a challenge and don't want to have to suffer beginners but we all start somewhere. And I would suggest that you start in Loveland. Short lines, super friendly staff, there is an ease and comfort at this location. Laid back, accepting, fun, I was able to build my confidence so that next time I will challenge myself more. Great location, highly recommend!

1 Thank pbh4935
San Antonio, Texas
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“I could not have dreamed of a better first experience for my 8 year-old.”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

About a 45 minute drive west from the Denver tech center.

We're from Texas, not much snow down by us, and my son wanted to learn to ski. A friend from Denver recommended Loveland as a good local ski hill that wouldn't be over-crowded or over-priced like the big resorts. Loveland delivered. for $99 he got an "all-day" lesson with all gear included. The hill seemed to be in good shape even though all of the snow was man-made at the time (late November).

We went on a Friday, 3 boys in our group. 1 teacher took them all day and focused just on them. Spent some time on the bunny hill then the medium hill. I am not a skier, so I can't give much more detail than that. They provided lunch and snacks for the boys who had a great time and were cruising down the hill in short time. We spent time watching them from the lodge with large glass windows overlooking the hills. Food and beer were reasonable in the lodge.

There were several collegiate ski teams (including DU) on a larger hill to the left that was much faster than anything we were looking for. I'm sure that means Loveland had runs to satisfy a wide variety of abilities. If we make it back to Denver, we will be back here for sure. Well worth the money and the time.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank wdsanantontio
McKinney, Texas
93 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Ski Colorado!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Admittedly, not the greatest skiing in the Rockies, but it is close to Denver (<1 hour) and quite affordable. If you want to dive into the joy and passion of skiing, this is the place. After a single day in Ski School, my teen daughter was 'boarding the blues. It took me three days to get the hang of it on skis back in the day just up the road at another resort. Their instructors are among the best you will find.

Northampton, Massachusetts
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Loveland Ski Area”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Good skiing, good snow, no lines. What else do you need?

Trail markings were sometimes lacking, making it possible for one to end up in an unexpected place (or worse, on an unexpected run), especially when it's windy out and the snow is whipping up.

2 Thank WPHouston