We booked a block of 12 rooms at Georgetown Mountain Inn months in advance of our daughter's July 4 wedding. The rooms were intended for the bride and groom, members of the groom's family and the bridal party. Working directly with Dawn, the inn's manager, we provided a room-by-room description of who was occupying each of the 12 rooms -- and how many people would be there. As the final week before the wedding approached, we thought we were all set. However, we were thrown off by:
1. Confused and sometimes absent staff. On July 1, a member of the inn's staff called to say that, in one of the rooms where we planned to put four people, they had substituted one king-size bed for two queen-size beds. When I pointed out that four people don't fit in one bed, she simply laughed and didn't seem to understand the problem. I had to make a series of last-minute calls to guests to arrive at a rearrangement that wouldn't involve stacking people four high.
I asked the same employee if members of the bridal party could access one or two of the 12 rooms we had booked before the 3:00 p.m. check-in time, in order to drop off luggage. The idea was to avoid making 24 people drag all their bags to the wedding venue. The employee said yes, and we said we would drop things off starting at 11:00 a.m. on July 4. We arrived at that time on July 4, only to find an empty lobby and no one at the front desk. There was no bell to ring for service, just a sign asking us to wait for someone to return. We'll never know if the two rooms we requested for luggage storage were ready, because after more than 45 minutes of waiting and shouting "Hello? Hello?", no one showed up. We had to leave for the rehearsal, bags in tow.
2. Inappropriate enforcement of the noise policy. Noise is an issue at this inn, as evidenced by "thin walls" comments in other reviews, and a policy for dealing with it makes sense. However, as soon as the bridal party arrived -- even before they had checked into their rooms -- the inn employee at the desk began following them around, apparently assuming that, since they were a large group, noise would be a problem. The employee even hovered around the closed door of the bride and groom's room, (visible through the bedroom window) leaning in to listen for noise -- a practice that's intrusive and creepy. In short, they were not welcoming to large groups.
3) Bugs. Roaches were spotted in the bathrooms of three of the 12 rooms we booked. When the lights were out in the bedroom and guests entered the bathroom and turned on the light, roaches skittered away to hiding places. They moved too fast to make clear photographs possible, although a few guests tried to document their existence with their cell phone cameras. While the bugs were not visible in the next morning's light, they were likely still there.
Don't get me wrong. I love the town of Georgetown and will definitely return. I just won't return to this inn -- particularly as part of a group reservation. And I would recommend that other guests work directly with the manager, if at all possible, since other employees are largely the problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rooms with king size beds, 2 doubles, 2 doubles and a single, 2 queens, and a suite with a bedroom and a full kitchen. Upstairs and downstairs rooms available. Heated indoor pool, outdoor hot tub. Wireless internet included. Coffee, muffins, and juice included. Pets allowed in designated rooms. 5 Minute walk from Historic Georgetown, and 5 minute drive from the Georgetown Lake. 11 Miles to Loveland, and A-Basin, Keystone, Breckenridge, Copper, Vail, and Winter Park within 60 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Georgetown Mountain Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Georgetown Mountain Hotel Georgetown