“Girls weekend”

Georgetown Mountain Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Georgetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Three girlfriends spent 2 nights in the suite last weekend. We enjoyed the fall colors and the Georgetown loop train and especially the ambience and the employees at the hotel. Pete & Dan were very helpful and pleasant. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Judy G

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We just spent a night at this place and loved it! My boyfriend enjoyed the Jacuzzi while I read a book by the fire with a hot chocolate... what's not to like!! Loved the log cabin charm in our bedroom and the lobby. If you're looking for something very fancy, then it may not be the place for you, but you got to enjoy it for what it is.

Room Tip: I booked directly with them, good prices.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fanne4
Reviewed September 18, 2013

For one night it was fine. I wouldn't stay longer.

It just looked as though it needed some TLC all over, particularly the pool area which wasn't very nice, and the paintwork. Wasn't too sure that the floor was as clean as it could be - one of those dark ones that hide everything......
I would personally not stay here again and try another location. Not a lot in this town going on.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
GTMI, General Manager at Georgetown Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear misplacedheidi,

There is a TLC list we are working.

Just as I appreciate your taking the time to comment, I hope you can appreciate the budget and revenues situation.

I also hope you can appreciate that we installed "real" air-conditioning units in twelve of our rooms at the start of this summer season. Our priority based upon guests feedback.

Also, we started painting most of the exterior at the beginning of the this summer (if you could call it a summer). It was cold and snowy or rainy until very late into the season and then we had very high occupancy June, July and August (which explains my absence from usually prolific replies on TripAdvisor) - and a lot of rain.

One thing though, I frankly do not appreciate the speculative comment about whether the dark carpet was hiding cleanliness. We don't operate that way.

Take care,
Dan
GM
Georgetown Mountain Inn

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We were spending one night on our way down to Denver on Labor Day weekend. The hotel was perfect for what we needed, quiet, clean, very accommodating staff. Georgetown is a quaint and charming little town. We would stop again. And definitely stay at the mountain inn

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank islandsher
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We frequent the Mountain Inn and once again were quite pleased. The manager was very accommodating and helpful. We were traveling with a pet, so required a pet room - absolutely no problem. We weren't able to have the full "log room" because they have certain "pet-friendly" rooms so our room wasn't as nice as some of the others, but nevertheless, very good.
There are other luxurious accomodations in town, but at a higher price. I would highly recommend this hotel for the price point.

Room Tip: Log rooms are very unique
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We began our trip in CO in Georgetown...when you enter the property the desk and entry are quite pretty. Dan the manager or owner was VERY accommodating and helpful with ideas of things for us to do in the area. Coffee etc in the AM was fine...BUT...I am sorry to say our "LOG" room was awful! It was hot and stuffy with no air coming in...old and dated...rug... yuck! Pool area I saw no one at and same for the hot tub. We were there 2 nights and if I could have had a refund I would have only spent 1 night there! It was just a dated and rundown room BUT he was very helpful!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I'd rate this place closer to 3.5 stars. We stayed in what was supposed to be a newer room but the shower didn't drain quickly, cable didn't work, and it looks like the carpet beneath the beds were never vaccumed; there was noticable dirt and trash (which I didn't notice until the next day as I was doing my pre-checkout inspection for forgotten items). Beds were reasonably comfortable however pillows were mis-matched. Some were thicker than others. Morning coffee was nice as were the muffins. Not quite the free breakfast other chains offer but not a big deal. The staff we met were nice enough. I don't know how many other options there are in the town but this isn't a bad place to consider.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge
Hotel Chateau Chamonix
Hotel Chateau Chamonix
#1 of 6 in Georgetown
Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk

Been to Georgetown Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!