“Meets expectations”

Ranked #3 of 6 Georgetown B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Meets expectations”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was satisfied with my stay during my ski trip. Rooms were in decent condition although walls are thin. Luckily my neighbors were quiet. Little bit of grime in the bathtubs but usable. Minimal toiletries in bathroom so definitely bring your own. The hot water runs out also so be warned. The wifi worked well from our room. The property is old as others have mentioned but it does have a rustic charm to it. The bed was comfortable and the microwave worked. The room fridge desperately needed defrosting but it worked. My son enjoyed the hot tub and indoor pool. Breakfast consisted of only muffins and juice/ coffee so we ended up purchasing our items in the nearby convenience store. There is a good restaurant next door, the alpine.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GTMI, General Manager at Georgetown Mountain Inn, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
pannam1,

I appreciate the review.

Our hot water heating boilers are about two years old, so we should not be
running out of hot water. I've checked the settings. For future guests, please
let me know and I'll likely be able to get em running and the hot water
up in minutes. Sometimes they need to be reset is all.

With the majority of people bringing their preferred brands of
toiletries, we provide additional soap and all in one shampoo/conditioner
upon request. Tooth brushes (teeth brushes?) as well.

Not sure if it was your room, but I did just clean a shower drain
and we had a new houskeeper working when you visited.
There are a lot of items to keep up on every day with our 33 rooms,
hot tub and indoor heated pool.

As I mentioned in the previous response, there are five breakfast/lunch restaurants
within about a half mile as well as the convenience stores and Kneisel and Anderson.
Plenty of lunch and dinner places nearby as well.

Dan

I'm happy to hear from guest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The Georgetown Mountain Inn is an old property that desperately needs to be updated. Believe it or not, there's no air conditioning (just a ceiling fan and a floor fan), no mini-fridge, no microwave, and (amazingly) NO in-room coffee-maker! Further, don't ask for a "wake-up call" because they don't do that -- even though their in-room guest brochure says that they do! And my room went for $90 (plus tax) on a week-night. The mattress had seen better days, too; so my sleep was fitful. And the sound-proofing between the rooms needs to be upgraded. On the plus side, the cable TV system had more than one hundred channels -- although there were no "premium" movie channels. There was also free coffee, juice, and (smallish) muffins in the lobby area each morning; but for skiers and hikers, that isn't much of a "breakfast." For skiers, Georgetown is a great "base" because there are seven or eight major ski areas within a short drive. (Loveland Valley and Lovevland Basin, for example, are less than 15 minutes away.) So this is a great location. But the Georgetown Mointain Inn has seen better days and is now overpriced for what it delivers.

Room Tip: In the winter, ask for a first-floor room. When it snows, the second floor walkways can be slippery...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Hi tgw51,

Thank you for taking the time to do a review.

I am sorry your stay was not perfect. Your review brings up a theme of
people who do not talk to me or a staff member (as far as I know) while
they are here. We are happy to accommodate as much as we can - if we know
at the moment.

Had you let me know, I would have been happy to let you try a
different room/mattress as that is a very subjective area and
the mattress in your room is fairly new.

Also, we have in room coffee makers upon request and I would have been happy
to move a fridge and microwave into your room. We do now have fridges and microwaves
in all rooms except one (two rooms when you visited) and I do move them as needed. One refridgerator just died and we need to purchase one more microwave.

Regarding wake up calls, the alarm clocks we provide as well as cell
phones alarms now do the trick for most and we will change the language in the
brochure with the next publication.

As for pricing, I am not going to apologize for spring break pricing
and, of course, a business has to keep up with operating expenses.
Although the owner intends to put air conditioning in certain units - revenues
permitting - air conditioning is not generally needed at 8500 feet - particularly in winter.

We do offer coffee, muffins and juice daily from 7 AM to 11 AM. Although it is Continental
Breakfast in the original definition, we just say coffee, muffins and juice now to be clear in our marketing. Full breakfasts are available at restaurants within a half mile (at the most, more or less): Ed's Cafe, Happy Cooker, Mountain Buzz, Whistle Stop, and Blue Sky Cafe.

Thank youfor your visit.

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Heated pool, outdoor hot tub (tiptoe through the snow to get there).

This isn't Aspen, but nor are the prices. I picked it because it was the only place with availability for 100s of miles along I70. Wasn't sure what I'd find, but it's fine.

It's a motel, has what you need, free coffee in the reception, free wifi in the rooms, warm, what's not to like. The decor isn't IKEA, but it fits with the fascinating town of Georgetown.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JamesHappyWalker
GTMI, General Manager at Georgetown Mountain Inn, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Mr. Walker,

I am glad you found a decent place to rest your head.

We try to be a reliably good place to stay because, like you said,
people don't know what they might come across.

A tip for travelers is to use Google maps and street view.

I really appreciate your comments and time.

Thank you.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I with 2 kids stayed here on our ski trip. The staff was wonderful. Very laid back and friendly. Perfect location! Walking distance for dinner and breakfast. Beds were comfortable, wifi worked great, microwave and refrigerator in room were great! Cute pool area. You can tell the owners/management put a lot into keeping this place up. I am a clean freak and I found minimal issues with this place.

• Stayed March 2013
GTMI, General Manager at Georgetown Mountain Inn, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Jnelson123,

I am very glad you enjoyed your stay.
Please come and visit again.

Jeannette has been our main housekeeper for
almost a year now and my hat has to go off to her.
She knows how she would like a hotel room to be,
'gets it' when it comes to guest sensitivities,
and cleans accordingly. A true asset. She does
a great job here and at Subway.

Thank you for your post and your visit.

Evans
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I really am not a picky person and we have stayed at many motor lodge type places. This was however the worst I have ever been in. My son could not even walk around the pool because all of the rocks around the pool floor were pulling up and were loose. His little feet found them very hard to walk on. The loose rocks made their way into the pool making it difficult to stand in there as well. The hot tub (warm if that) was dirty and smelly. I had to turn the jets off because they made the smell even worse. The cover of the hot tub was torn into two pieces. The walls are paper thin. I think a tent would have blocked the noise better. The towels were paper thin and the walls of the shower had huge cracks in them which was probably leaking water into the walls of the hotel. The walls in the room had holes in them which they filled with kleenex. I also had to kill a few gnats a day in the room! I have no idea where they were coming from. We did not have food in our room. The breakfast is gone if you don't get there by 7:30 ( if you call mini muffins only a breakfast). The staff were horrible. They said no more than 2 words to us during check in and check out. We dropped off our keys for check out at the front desk and they took the keys and said nothing to us. I had to wait 5 minutes for the person at the front desk to get off of a personal call to ask them a question about the breakfast. Both of the vending machines they had were out of service during our entire stay (3 nights) and it looked like they had been that way for quite some time. I would never recommend this place to anyone and I will never stay there again. I will stay farther from the Loveland ski area before I stay there again. Don't waste your money here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GTMI, General Manager at Georgetown Mountain Inn, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Wendy,

I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay.

It was a three day visit and I am surprised and dismayed you did not ask for me.

It's always better for the business AND future guests to get with a representative of the business or management as things happen so corrective action can occur right away.

Dan

Travelers are raving about these Georgetown hotels

Kansas
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We recently went to the Georgetown Mountain Inn for a ski vacation. We stayed on a Thursday through Sunday. The place was great. It is not the Beverly Hills Hilton by any means, but we new that going in. The manager was very accomidating in everything we needed. We rented the suite room and were very impressed. The pool and hot tub were great. After a long day on the slopes the 91 degree pool was awesome. This hotel is great for skiing Loveland as it was only a 10 minute drive. We will definitely come back. For the price, you can't beat it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
KansasChief,

Thank you for the review. I always appreciate it when
people take the time to post. As I explained in other reviews,
I've been short handed for over a month and training the new guy.

You're right on. We try to get the price point right for a two
star hotel and try hard to provide the best service we can.

Please visit again when you need to escape the Kansas heat.
There is so much to do in and around Georgetown. And within
an hours drive from Georgetown you can see most of what makes
Colorado such a great place.

fort collins
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I was swayed by the positive reviews and the cozy, quaint sound of a "mountain inn". However, what we (two parents and a six year old,) found was just a little dissapointing.
The lay out is like an old-school motor lodge with the stairs and hallways outside, facing the parking lot.This is not obvious from the photo on the website. So, from your room, one can see who is walking by, who is talking, and you have to make sure you pull the curtain on the window once it gets dark, etc.
The "hot" tub (or shall we say the luke-warm tub?) is small, sits on a concrete slab, is exposed to the elements, and lacks privacy. On the other hand, the heated pool is inside of a plastic solarium/greenhouse type structure and is quite warm and pleasant. There are house plants and small shrubs in big plastic pots. It is on the small side, but pleasantly, suprisingly warm.
Our room had two twin beds, 70's rec-room wood panneling, a decent, clean bathroom, and a small fridge and microwave. The fridge had an annoying hum.
There were "I-70 Courtesy Vehicle" drivers staying in the rooms on either side of us. Ironically, they were very uncourteous. We had to listen to them talking to each other on their radios from their respective rooms. They then congregated in one room and proceeded to have a long, in-depth conversation about how drunk they got that one time. They were not out of line. It was just that the walls are so thin that we could hear every word. They might as well have been in our room. At least they quieted down by 10:00pm.
All in all it was an ok stay. The management was amiable. It was affordable. But if you value your sleep on the weekends, you probably will find the thin walls and the bouncy mattresses to be real deal breakers.

Room Tip: Perhaps request one of the "remodeled" rooms. We were told the second floor was quiter, wh...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hi ride2live,

So sorry it was not what you expected.
Pictures on the Trip Advisor website provide a thourough
tour of the hotel. Our new website is under construction.

The Courtesy Patrol has been very responsive after I spoke to them.
They had one of their tow trucks break down the night you wrote about.
Extra commotion for them, but they keep the interstate clear for all the travelers.

I do respond to excessive noise, or noise after 10 PM quiet time
issues.

The hot tub is normally at 104 to 106 degrees. In 20 degree or lower weather
with heavy use, the temp does drop into the 90s. Enclose maybe, but then
people would not have the views and sun the rest of the year.

We get overall good reviews because we do the best we can with a building
constructed in 1964 and the profit margins we have to work with.

Thank you.

Dan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge
#1 of 6 in Georgetown
Historic Windsor Hotel B&B
Historic Windsor Hotel B&B
#1 of 2 in Silver Plume

Been to Georgetown Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!