“Wow--really funky. Didn't know places like this still existed!”

Georgetown Mountain Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Georgetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 3, 2011

After reading all the reviews, I was prepared for an old hotel, but was still pretty amazed by how run down this place is. Since I was just going for a ski week-end with old friends, we didn't really care, and the price was right at $59.00 through the Ski Loveland website.

It is actually a motel and has a very early 70's vibe. The furniture and TV is all very old and mismatched, the plywood floors are covered in ratty old carpet, and yes, the towels are frayed and the sheets are thread bare and stained. The most interesting point is there is NO maid service, so I wonder if the sheets are ever cleaned, or just reused? We still managed to have a good time, but beware of the "breakfast" it is nothing more than store bought muffins served in a tiny room, nothing else, the pool area is "nice" but very, very funky--it looks homemade, like an old hippy built it one weekend with stuff lying around the property. There are lots of rocks and pebbles and stuff in the pool. The hot tub water was really cloudy, so I didn't get in. The craziest thing, is they have rustic, pine wood headboards that are truly dangerous!!! You WILL hit your head repeatedly on these headboards--you can't avoid it. I can't believe they haven't been sued yet--it would be so easy to replace the headboards!!! And yes, the walls are PAPER thin. You can hear every word, every footstep, every shower of every other guest. As long as you know all this going in, and want a very weird, retro experience, then go ahead. I don't think the room is worth more than $30.00 a night, if that. For breakfast, go to the Happy Cooker in historic downtown. Great breakfast, wonderful service.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank JennyRob67
GTMI, Guest Relations Manager at Georgetown Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2011

I was working the desk the second evening these guests stayed here.
They checked in at 2AM their first night.

At no time did they make it known they were not happy. Had we known,
we would have done all we could have done to make them happy.

To save natural resources, maid service is done as requested for
extended stays. There are signs at the front desk and in each room
stating this. Typically guests staying more than one night ask for
fresh towels, trash pick up, soap, toilet paper and vacuuming as needed.
As most guests to not change sheets nightly at home, most guests do
not request or expect fresh sheets each night. But if full maid service
is requested, said request would be honored without hesitation. Thourough
cleaning is, of course, done between each unique visitor. This has been the
policy for at least a decade.

I cleaned the hot tub and changed the hot tub water the day before these guests
stayed.

The headboards in the Log Rooms are hand crafted Aspen logs and as
pictured on our website. Of course, each headboard is slightly unique as they
not machined logs. The majority of guests view this as favorable.

The building that houses the swimming pool is as pictured on the website and the pool
water is monitored and cleaned daily. The surface around the pool has embedded
gravel for safety and sometimes some of the gravel does get into the bottom of the pool.

Thank you for reading and hopefully you will give us a chance for a reasonable priced,
rustic experience.

There are newer reviews for Georgetown Mountain Inn

Reviewed April 15, 2011

My wife and kids do a lot of weekend "staycations" in Colorado and we stay here a couple of times a year to ski at Loveland, or hike in the Summers. We find the rooms to be clean and fairly quiet and the staff is very nice. They have an indoor pool and hot tub that the kids really like to use.

Overall a good value for family trips to the mountains.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank richardski
Reviewed April 13, 2011

This is the best to stay in Georgetown, good rates and nice clean rooms. we have stayed int he pet rooms and they are very nice, we recently stayed in a non pet room and it was even nicer. The pool and hot tub are a great addition. It is also very nice to be able to walk to bars and restraunts in Georgetown.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mexjay
Reviewed April 6, 2011

I have three children and upon arrival I and one of the service people (Kristie) agreed upon price for my room, using my AAA for discount. At check in I was informed by different service lady that my price has been changed, raised, without me agreing to that new price because I had three children with me. Room was two double beds and one twin. She also said that if I don't agree to the price I can wait for Kristie to come to work at 3pm.
Inn claims to offer continental breakfast. It is the worst continental breakfast I've ever seen. The only choice is small muffin and coffee, no milk or cereal for children.
NO coffee maker in the room or any hot water / coffee offered throughout the day.
Swimming pool dirty with falling apart towels
My kids cut their feet on uneven concrete of the pool floor.
Pool is covered; however there is only outdoor access to it or to the hot tub. The worst place to stay at for the family. Not recommended.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank 2Gosia
Reviewed March 20, 2011

Awful Awful Awful! The sheets were dirty and had stains. It was nothing like the pictures that the internet displayed. I didn't sleep for the first three nights I stayed there. After complaining on the third night, I didn't even get an answer back from the front desk. Then the next day I was so upset and the front desk attendant gave us an upgraded room. It was too late. Our vacation was already ruined. If we would have had an upgraded room from the first night it might have been different. I booked this hotel because I initially saw positive reviews. Do yourself a favor and read all the reviews before you stay there. I wouldn't wish this hotel on anyone!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kng0027
Reviewed December 25, 2010

My girlfriend and I booked a last minute trip to go skiing. We both work as directors for five star hotels, so we have high expectations, just not a high budget. We booked a one night stay with ski pass at the Georgetown on. We expected a sub par room for the price, however, it was perfect! Our room, while a bit dated, was very clean, comfortable and had a king size bed. It is perfect for crashing after long day on slopes and is conveniently located to several mountains. The best thong is that we skied the day we left and for an additional $20, they let us come back to shower before heading to the airport! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank CRhoteltravelors
Reviewed September 23, 2010

we came to this place to have a family reunion and it is a very good location to town and you can ride the train and take hikes and walk just about any where in town . they have very clean rooms and the employes are very nice . they have a pool a hot tub that you can relax in after a long day . there prices are very good for being in the mountains and the rooms are very clean and very nice log style rooms they are big enough for familys. to move around in. this is a great place to come to for bussiness or fun or groups or wedding this is th place to have in mind and yo can do louds of things around town. this is a great getaway. the staff is very helpfull. they have wifi they have muffins, coffee orange juice, coco, tea in the morning. it is very nice to have that wen you wake up. i would say to everybody come and try it for yourself and see what i see. i will come back again and stay at this hotel. for any of my travel plans. i love the view the mountains you see are neat you can see animals sometimes and they are pet friendy and kids are also welcome. this is my place to stop when i am traveling threw colorado.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank ada025
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge
#1 of 6 in Georgetown
Historic Windsor Hotel B&B
Historic Windsor Hotel B&B
#1 of 2 in Silver Plume

Been to Georgetown Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!