“Beautiful, great service, noisy?”

Ranked #1 of 6 Georgetown B&B and Inns
Monument, Colorado
“Beautiful, great service, noisy?”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed here for a romantic birthday weekend. The hotel is completely charming, the inside of our room was beautiful, and the hospitality was great (the hospitality in this Swiss-style chalet was better than Switzerland!) We loved the two-person hot tub, and the breakfast delivered to a little nook in the wall every morning. For the most part, it was delightful. The biggest problem we had was that the floors are very creaky.... which was not a big deal until our upstairs neighbors decided to wake up at 5 am and our restful weekend became not-so-restful. I'm not sure what the hotel could do to fix this, but it was an unfortunate event in an otherwise pleasant weekend.
Also... as a side note, when you arrive, you have to sign a form understanding that it is a non-smoking hotel, and there will be a $350 fine if someone smokes on the premises. We were happy to do this. However, when out in our hot tub, the upstairs neighbors began smoking outside, and when we mentioned it to the front desk, they said it was fine if guests smoke outside on the balconies. It would be helpful if their policy was clarified.

Room Tip: Again... downstairs rooms have the private two-person hot tub, but the floors above creak and can be...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LaLaLaCTD
chateauchamonix, Manager at Hotel Chateau Chamonix, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for your review on our property as it lets us know how the customers are enjoying their experience. While most people do not get up particularly early here as a get-a-way property, occasional some do and the quiter the building is the more you might hear the early morning activity of others. We will keep your comments in mind as work at continuing to improve our coustomer's experience into the future.

As for your comment on smoke smells, this give us an opportunity to tell future guests about our overall smoking policy. We have implemented a strict non-smoking policy relating to smoke smells from any source found in the rooms. Guests must sign this policy to check in, in part, because of the changes to Colorado law recently. We have found out from experience though that if we do not allow any smoking on the property at all, it actually can increase the problem of smoke smells in some rooms.

When smoking policies are perceived as too restrictive some decide not to follow any of the rules causing problems for the property and incoming guests to that room. Fortunately the wind up here keeps outside smoke from becoming too much of a problem as a rule and that is why we allow it outside only yet. Still, if any problem bothering other guests is ongoing, please tell the clerk on duty so we can deal with the issue. Any significant ongoing problem from smoke, noise, inappropriate behavior, etc. that people refuse to correct upon notice is reason enough to ask a guest to check out immediately.

I know this reply went far beyond the scope of comments this guest made relating to smoking because overall, they had a good experience and we enjoyed having them here. However, this is the first chance we have had relating to our updated smoking policy that has been mentioned on Trip Advisor so we took this opportunity to cover this new information for everyone. This policy is on our website and other sites we have control over on-line too.

Our default way of viewing any issue is to favor people who want to get along with others and work with the property in helping create and maintain a quiet, peaceful atmosphere for people to enjoy. Other properties cater to pets, more relaxed smoking policies, higher energy and late night activities, etc., etc., and if that is your desire please look into other places to stay in the area that more closely meets your needs.

Again, I thank these guests for their helpful comments and I hope they don't mind that I piggybacked on their post to highlight the type of atmosphere we desire to provide for like minded guests!

Hotel Chateau Chamonix

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Mankato, Minnesota
Reviewed March 6, 2014

My husband and I spent a few days here in February and absolutely loved it! The chateau itself is so beautiful and the location can not be beat. Nestled in between the mountains and sitting right next to the creek was just breathtaking. All the staff there was so friendly, the room accommodations were by far the best. It's nice and quite and you truly feel like you're the only ones there. We had room 103 on the bottom floor in the corner, which is apparently the most popular room and I can see why. The personal hot tub on the patio overlooking the stream and view of the mountains and the fireplace was so cozy. The breakfast in the morning was so delightful, I actually craved croissants when I got back home. I also really liked that we didn't have to deal with any keys, the outside door and our room door were programed with a keycode with my husband and I picked. I would have definitely paid more for this hotel...its worth way more than the price!

Room Tip: Corner room on the main floor #103 seems to be the most private. Plus you get a personal hot tub and...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Platteville, Colorado
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We keep coming back at least twice a year! Love Love Love this place, and the people that work here! Thank you!! We will continue to come back every year! Love the hot tub, the creek, and the cozy rooms!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Westminster, Colorado
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Wonderful quiet little place to relax. Great location to ski areas but not a busy area. We loved it, perfect for celebrating my 30th bday. Great friendly courteous staff with very clean rooms with hot tubs.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Jillian124
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My husband and I loved this Inn! We stopped here for one night after spending time in Breckenridge. (Georgetown is fortunately through the Eisenhower Tunnel, closer to the Denver airport, and is a quaint, historic stopover). It is a beautiful property with an adobe fireplace (gas), very comfortable king-size bed, and a delightful breakfast. However, I think the best and most important feature consists of the delightful people who run the place! Owen was so kind and helpful with our check-in, showing us all the features of the room, coffee service, etc. Kathy later offered us white wine from two delicious Colorado options and suggestions for dinner. The Inn could likely qualify in size as a hotel, but the personal service makes it feel more like a luxury B&B. The only little complaint we might have is that the thin walls of this older, but beautifully renovated property, allowed us to hear the conversation and television next door more than we would have preferred. Overall, we found that staying in Chateau Chamonix elevated the whole experience on our romantic CO mountain getaway. We would definitely love to return!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Girlfriend and I stayed here celebrating a birthday. 10 minutes away from Loveland Ski Area! Amazing little property, we stayed in one of the downstairs suites. Very clean and nice sized rooms. Comfortable King sized bed, adobe in room fire place, coffee maker, huge tiled bathroom/shower, LCD Tv with HD, private little patio and an awesome light up 2 person hot tub :)! Affordable and romantic! The owner/manager Cathy is a sweetheart, walked us too the room, explained all the amenities and how everything worked! Really good for a down and out ski weekend or a romantic weekend! Only issue I had were the paperthin walls, you could hear footsteps and plumbing , but if you can sleep through the basic thunder storm you will be alright!

Room Tip: Downstairs for the hot tubs!!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ben P
California
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Had a quick overnight for a driving event on Georgetown lake the next morning. Kathy checked us in with great warmth and detail as this was our first time. We were instructed to come back at 5pm for a nice glass of wine a welcome gift. The rooms were spotless and clean very nice touches that the owner put into this hotel. My only complaint would be the Paper thin walls that became apparent as we listened to other peoples conversations and TVs as we tried to prepare for an early start the next morning. We came down for a glass of Colorado wine unfortunately it was only white, but we gave the white try. I recommend at least adding a Red.
I asked Kathy if we need to arrange for early payment by cash as we were leaving at 7:20am. I would pay the afternoon before. She said no as there would be someone that morning at 7am.

There was someone there named Owen. I knocked on the front door. He came to the door with a smile, but that is where the friendly ended! I told him that I wanted to check out and pay cash. He said that isn't possible. I told him that Kathy had said it was possible when I asked her this specific question regarding checking out at 7:15am. He said he can not because he was baking Croissants. I told him it would be quick and he replied no it would not! That he had to unlock the safe and the the cash box out and that he wouldn't do it. He then stated that Cathy would never said this was okay, I believe calling me a liar at this point! I had to talk him into let me hand him the exact cash for the room, down to the penny. Then I had to ask him to write me up a business card that he accepted cash as I had no proof, since he would not print me a receipt. I said thanks and he just walked away with my cash back to his preparation room.

Owen was rude and a little out of sorts for this job. But that unacceptable experience at 7:15am is enough for me to never stay here again and not recommend this place to my Auto club members. How this guy has a job at this hotel I don't know, but I can say with high probability that someone knows this guy has the propensity to be rude to guests. Unfortunately every nicety that Kathy brought to this hotel was erased in a matter of minutes.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Tkids
chateauchamonix, Manager at Hotel Chateau Chamonix, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Thank you for your comments. That is how I find out any issues there might be when I'm not here! You should not have had anyting close to a bad experience at check-out and I apologize for you not having a normal, easy check-out. Owen is a newer clerk, but he is usually great with guests and he is very sorry for not being more professional in handling your reasonable request. We all have personal issues that sometimes follow us to work and thanks to your comments, he will not let that happen again! My name is Tom and if you would call and ask for me or e-mail me at I will make it right with you. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention.

As for the wine selection, we had to find something that would work for the majority of guests knowing that taste in wine can be a very personal choice. The property was originally built for a higher price point, but considering the economy and in an effort to keep the room rates as low as possible but still serve a good quality wine we settled on white for now.

Tom
Manager
info@hotelccgt.com
303-569-1109
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Century Hotel and Casino
The Silver Lake Lodge
The Silver Lake Lodge
#1 of 5 in Idaho Springs
Americas Best Value Inn-Georgetown Lodge

Been to Hotel Chateau Chamonix? Share your experiences!