“Fun, Freaking, a Great Time” 5 of 5 bubbles

Wonder Tower
Denver, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Fun, Freaking, a Great Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

A group of friends rode our SCOOTERS from Denver to the Wonder Tower today, all I can say is that we had a blast. Jerry the Owner is a riot, very likable, and explained many of the items when he asked if we knew what they were. If you are correct you get your $1.00 admission back (we got two outta three but let him keep the money). It is well worth the stop if your coming across I70.

Visited September 2011

Kansas City
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“This is just the coolest place in eastern Colorado hands down.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

Hey look, if you're not into funky weirdness and originality, go ahead and proceed to Limon and dine at Wendy's. It's just your speed. (Halfway between western Kansas and Denver, you gotta stop somewhere, right?) But, if you're looking to experience something that's amazing, joyous, original and wonderful, get off the interstate at Genoa and take in the Wonder Tower. I loved it, people we were traveling with who were not geeky "roadside America" buffs like me loved it, and our teenagers loved it. It's just a wonderful, quirky, unexpected, non-contrived great place that you'll never find anywhere else. Trust me.

Stop just this once. Whatdayya have to lose? It's a great thing.

Tarrier

Visited July 2010
1 Thank Tarrier
Littleton, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Creepy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2011

I have been to the Tower many times with friends and family. My father grew up in Genoa in the 1920s. I took my daughter and my 3 grandsons who were visiting from Salt Lake City and purchased lots of junk at the Tower and I will never go back again. Mr. Chubbuck called me, getting my telephone number from my check, and accused my grandsons of stealing. Nothing was found in my grandsons' possession. I bought them whatever they wanted at the Tower which of course was overpriced.

He has lost out on my many visits to the Tower. I thought the place was rather boring. Certainly not worth anymore visits and please don't take your children.

Visited July 2010
4 Thank Muttjet
Hot Springs, Arkansas
116 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 395 helpful votes
“Unique! Quirky! Bizarre! Horrific?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2010

If you are in the mood for something different, and have a sense of adventure, humor, and curiousity, you might enjoy this as much as we did. It is 3 experiences in one place, and the owner, Jerry Chubbuck, will regale you with facts and stories! To the right, after you enter the front door, is the former Night Club, with a sub-terranean catacomb feel, amazing walls, ceilings, fixtures and antiques. To the left is the gift shop plus several rooms full of more antiques, junk for sale, and curiousities, including stuffed 2 headed animals and preserved freaks of nature in jars--easy to avoid if you are squeamish. The Wonder Tower is up several fights of stairs with landings full of interesting items, including one room lined with framed newspaper articles about the Wonder Tower's heyday. The viewing platform at the top of the Tower was windy and scary the day we went in late May, 2010, so I didn't try to see six states from the top, but had a great time anyway! The Wonder Tower is easily visible coming from the west on I-70. It is a bit harder to see if you are coming from the east, but I think you take Exit 371. I think the entrance fee was one dollar. and did not see a rest room.

2 Thank TexasMomTW