“Amazing steak house”

Station Bar & Grill
Ranked #8 of 58 Restaurants in Urmston
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Local family owned steakhouse, proudly serving Shropshire steaks, burgers and handcrafted cocktails.
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Gorgeous food, rib eye lovely and tender. The staff are really friendly and the atmosphere is good.
Only thing I'd say, is that we would have liked to have been asked if we wanted more drinks during meal. Wasn't a problem as we just waved the waitress over (but I felt rude doing this!)

Lovely presentation and definitely gives the Manchester steak houses a run for their money!

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

I have been to the grill at 27 many times and had another amazing meal last night. I have read some negative comments about the service of the staff and could not disagree more. The staff are so attentive and can't do enough for you, they are lovely and friendly. Food always to such a high standard and presented beautifully. Best restaurant around and deserves 10/10 every time!!

1  Thank Emma O
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Finally a great steak house in Urmston - and it's a must! Booking is recommended as it always seems busy. The steaks are cooked to perfection and to individual taste. Diners are given a small complementary bread roll on arrival, with oil and balsamic to dip. The drinks service can at times be a little on the slow side - and it can be difficult to catch someone's attention, but that is the only slight criticism I have and it wouldn't stop me from dining here again and again. If you don't order a starter you will notice there is approx 30-40 mins before your main meal is brought to you - but I think this is an accpetable time to wait - it tells you the food is fresh and being cooked to order - rather than some places that have a rack of steaks on heat ready to bring out like fast food! The steaks come with handcut chunky chips and I always order a side of onions rings - that are so crispy they are devine! The sauces on offer are great but quite large so could be shared between 2 people. Great value - looking at around £32pp for a main, side order, drinks and tip.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We have been intending visiting this restaurant since it opened but haven't had a chance until this evening. We wandered into Urmston for an early evening meal and were really pleased with our experience. It was very quiet and the service was initially very attentive with the owner? Manager? serving us. He even brought me a couple of different wines to taste before choosing. Food was good quality, simple, vegetables nicely cooked and presented. Service deteriorated slightly when younger evening staff came on duty. Overall good value for money. Really pleased we now have a decent local place to eat within walking distance and we will definitely visit again.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Party of 6 inc.1 child visited Sunday for my birthday celebration although we didn't tell the staff this. Food was lovely as always, steak cooked rare to perfection. Bit of a mix up with the drinks but nothing major and if I had been bothered enough to mention it I know it would have been put right immediately. Had to wait slightly longer than expected for the sides but again nothing major, all the food was worth the wait. Staff are so friendly especially the owner and they always make a fuss with the children and really know how to interact with them.
Will be back again, as usual!