“Good food, good atmosphere and good value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Station Bar & Grill

Station Bar & Grill
Ranked #9 of 49 Restaurants in Urmston
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Local family owned steakhouse, proudly serving Shropshire steaks, burgers and handcrafted cocktails.
Manchester, UK
“Good food, good atmosphere and good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Party of four on a Friday evening. It wasn't particularly busy when we arrived, but it was about 8:45. The staff who greeted us were very pleasant. Usual routine...table.,,menus...back in 5 minutes to take the drinks order etc. There seemed to be a good selection of drinks, along with some decent draught beers too. All very efficient. When it came to taking the order, the specials and the menu were explained. There was plenty to choose from and when it arrived it was cooked to perfection. We didn't go for a desert because we'd all had enough. Looking around the place there were a number of other tables who'd finished eating and were leisurely finishing their drinks without being rushed. All in all, an enjoyable experience that wasn't spoiled when the bill arrived. For what we had, it was no more expensive than a chain restaurant and much better than most. We'll certainly be going back.

• Visited October 2013

manchester, england
“Good food but very long wait.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Saturday night at 6p.m. rty of 11 including two children.
It was a Golden Wedding celebration. Staff very attentive.It took along time from ordering for starters to arrive. Some, including kids were only having mains. They were starving by the time this finally arrived. The place was bursting at the seams. I love the kids food here its good quality and value.
Most mains were excellent but the carbonara was tastles and the spatchcock chicken very fiddly. Steak good, pan fried chicken was excellent. Puddings were good too.
Think they need to do something about the wait time.
It was my second visit and I felt it had improved food wise but the wait was just as bad.

• Visited October 2013
“Best steak ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We were a table of 7 and ordered various starters, mixed grills, chicken, steaks and fish. All the food was excellent and steaks cooked to perfection. The staff were very attentive, even though the restaurant was packed. I would recommend going I anyone. Can't wait to go again and try something else off the menu!!

• Visited September 2013
“Exceptional!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Visited Friday night with a group of 5 friends, we were greeted pleasantly at the door and led to our table where we were given bread and dipping oils, the staff were very attentive even as the place was very busy.
We ordered and after what we thought was a slightly long wait we were presented with our starters which were amazing, king prawns with sweet chilli and baby calamari, so well presented and definately worth the wait.
Next came our main courses, if we thought the starters were good then the mains just blew our socks off!! I had ribeye steak absolutely cooked to perfection (medium rare) my other friends also had steak, one had salmon and another seabass, all were so well presented and everyone commented on how good it tasted.
We unfortunately had no room for desserts but saw some going to other tables and they looked fantastic.
We will definately be returning to this exceptional gem of a restaurant in urmston, thank you very much for a fantastic evening!

england
“Rude Chef!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Booked for 5 people for special celebration night.

Arrived at 8.30pm ordered drinks while we looked at menu. Were served bread while we waited after ordering starters and main meals. At 9.45 we were still waiting for starters. We asked how long to be told next to come out!! We then were served more bread and offered a drink on the house for our long wait.
Eventually starters did arrive and were ok but nothing to rave about considering the price.

Four of the party ordered steaks and one salmon for the mains. After another long wait these arrived. One well done steak had to go back as was rare!!! So came back after further cooking but still not great. Others were more rare than medium when cut and were not nice as were cold and served on cold plates too. Chips etc were quite a few mins later in coming to the table which didn't help matters. They did offer to cook them for longer but by this time it was nearly 10.30 and also who wants to wait for steak to be reheated and then chips to be cold!!! All four left half steaks as they were just so bad. We were all very disappointed as had planned the night out a long time ago and expected better for the prices they charge.

The icing on the cake came after I returned from the toilet. Sat at the table was the chef trying to sweet talk everyone. ( I had seen him with the staff on my way and felt then that we were being talked about) He said I hear you didn't like your meal? I replied no it was awful and cold and so was the plate. I then said I wouldn't revisit. He rudely replied well I don't want you to If you don't like my food. No one could believe his tone or attitude and when I asked to speak the manager he said that was him!!!! People around were shocked too. We paid and left we will not be returning again and wouldn't recommend here to anyone.

• Visited September 2013