“top notch”

Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Always great. well presented original meals. great surroundings.This place was referbed a few years ago but remains a great curry house. the staff are great and the mints hot towels and free baileys at the end add to a great meal

Reviewed July 19, 2013

... A very generic curry house menu with a lack of choice for vegetarians.
We visited on the strength of tripadvisor reviews, and overall were fairly impressed for a first visit. However, being vegetarian, I'm not convinced that Deccan would hold up to many repeat visits; the menu is mostly of the "x-sauce with ...." type, which when the vegetarian option for every one of those is mixed veg is quite limiting. No paneer? No mushroom? No chana? As it was, we ate multiple side dishes which did allow us greater variety, though as I've said, how many times one could do that before it becomes same-y is debatable. We were also struggling to find anything that would make the menu "Bangladeshi", since it matched the average Rusholme menu pretty closely...
Having said that, the food was tasty, the bill perfectly reasonable and we're likely to return (just not all that soon!)

2  Thank Connor M
Reviewed June 26, 2013

After spending a day at our son's house helping with odd's and sod's we were on our way home at around 5:45pm we decided to put the lottery on and do some shopping in Urmston, after arriving at the car park I said why don't we have a meal out so on the spur of the moment we both decided to go to the Deccan Bangladeshi Restaurant on Flixton road for a meal, we arrived at about 6:10pm to be greeted by a very jovial waiter, it is understandable that at this early hour that we were the only people in the restaurant so we had our own private dining restaurant alas not for very long as another couple of customer's came in for a meal shortly after we sat down, on sitting down it brought back memories of when we first visited the Deccan all those years ago, what stand's out for me is the change in decor, all those year's ago it was cubicles along the side walls with flock wallpaper, but what really stood out for me then and still stand's out to this very day is the standard of the food, it is simply as Tina Turner said in her song "Simply the best" We first visited the deccan over 45 year's ago and no I am not a regular diner, however whenever we do eat here the food is always very good, with very efficient service and you are made to feel welcome all in all it is a very good place to go for a meal and very reasonable price wise in today's topsy turvy world. Go visit and experience it for yourself you will not be dissapointed, tell them Gerry sent you, it will not make any difference to your bill but it might help me if i visit again?

4  Thank alphonsus10
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I went last night with my visiting dad and youngest brother. We each had a Naga Bahar with various rices and nans. They would was really good and the waiter was good banter. A really enjoyable experience.

5  Thank Stoofpotje
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I've had several meals both at the restaurant and also takeaway and the quality of the dishes are very high. The service is great and they try very hard to please the customer. All in all a great restaurant.

3  Thank Smithers001