The resort is located in a beautiful spot with breathtaking views all around. We enjoyed our time here. Only a few complaints. You are stuck with the food on the resort. Just two restaurants, and if you are a vegetarian, the pickings are slim. A much better effort should be made for meatless items. The chef at the fine dining establishment did a beautiful job creating something for us, but we couldn't eat there every meal - not for the price or the richness of the food. Also, the employees were all very nice and friendly, but not extremely helpful. The room was nice, very spacious. The decor is slightly odd, but nice. There was a very large stain right in the middle of the carpet. I think this place is not as nice as it should be for the price.
We were going to rent bikes one day but decided it was a bit too pricy. Everything is fairly expensive, and you are captive. There are some good trails around the property for hiking/biking.
I think this would be the perfect place for a retreat or conference. Everyone is stuck there, so there's good opportunity for networking and socializing. And it's a lovely place to feel like you're away from it all. Perhaps it just needs to be in business a little longer to work out some kinks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There are many reasons to visit Colorado's Gateway Canyons Resort, an award-winning destination located in the secluded Unaweep Canyon of Western Colorado. Surrounded by the vast lands of the Uncompahgre Plateau, Piñon Mesa and La Sal Mountains, our full-service resort features exceptional lodging, dining, outfitting, educational programs and the world-class Gateway Colorado Auto Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gateway Canyons Resort, A Noble House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gateway Canyons Hotel Gateway
- Gateway Canyons Resort, A Noble House Resort Colorado