Gateway Canyons Resort, A Noble House Resort
$250
  • Pool
Quality Inn Moab Slickrock Area(Moab)(Great Value!)
$159
QualityInn
$251
$233
$170
$265
$249
Adventure Inn & Motel(Moab)(Great Value!)
$145
$140
Official Site
Bowen Motel(Moab)
$246
All reviewsauto museumadventure centerhorseback ridingdiscovery channelgrand junctionwestern coloradooutdoor showersignature roomprivate patiofire pithelicopter tourold carsrock formationsoutdoor activitiesamazing locationfly fishinghiking trails
Reviewed August 21, 2011

This is one of the most beautiful places in Colorado. National Park worthy. The hotel is beautiful, and the Museum was great. Only $7 (senior) to get in. We had a guide, Fritz, who told us everything about the cars on display. He was happy to open the hoods, and doors to see the engines and interiors (pristine condition all). Owned by Mr. Hendrix, who started the Discovery Channel, has a passion he is thrilled to share with all. Many one of a kind autos.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank gj w
gatewaycanyons, Guest Relations Manager at Gateway Canyons Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

I am so pleased you enjoyed our very special place "where the planet opens up to tell it's story." I agree it is National Park worthy. You were very lucky to have Fritz tour you around the Auto Museum. He is able to bring the cars to life and make your experience even more memorable. I hope you share your experience at Gateway Canyons with all of your friends and I invite you to come back and spend more time with us.

Respectfully,

Director of Resort Lodging and Guest Experience

Reviewed August 13, 2011

One of the things I strive to do on Mike’s Road Trip is to find those cliché “off-the-beaten-path” places…the ones that give you so much satisfaction in the discovery. I get great joy in bringing exposure to well-deserving destinations that exceed my expectations and will assuredly interest my readers. Discovering the Gateway Canyons Resort in Gateway, Colorado is the quintessence of Mike’s Road Trip.

As you drive toward Gateway through the meandering canyon, the excitement intensifies as the landscape develops into an awe-inspiring scene out of a movie. When you arrive at Gateway Canyons Resort, you will feel as though you’ve been dropped from the heavens to a tranquil place that inspires the perfect balance between adventure and relaxation.

Whether you want to relax or have the adventure of a lifetime, Gateway Canyons can accommodate. There is a full service spa offering everything from couples’ massage, salon services to facial treatments. If it's adventure you desire, they have an “Adventure Center” dedicated to your excitement needs…from horseback riding, rafting down the Dolores River that runs through the property, to off-roading (via ATV or Jeep), biking, fly fishing, sky adventures to hiking or climbing the landmark Palisade rock formation.

I spent three days at the Resort and was so disappointed to leave, I felt like I was just beginning to scratch the surface of all the nooks and crannies this magical place had to offer.

The resort has sort of two lodging accommodations available…the Kiva Lodge (this is where I stayed), which is a bit more upscale and what you’d expect from a high quality resort. Then they have the Dolores River Inn, which is also quite nice, but is a bit more affordable. Whether you stay in the Kiva Lodge, or the Dolores River Inn, each come with several accommodation levels depending on your individual needs—this flexibility makes the resort really accessible for all types of travelers. Gateway Canyons Resort has been able to create and strike what I feel is the perfect balance. The setting is second to none; there are plenty of activities with lots of open space. The Resort would make an amazing setting for a wedding, romantic get-a-way or a family vacation.

Entrada is their fine-dining restaurant, serving hand-crafted dishes rich in flavors from the Colorado plateau. I began my evening with a glass of wine in the lounge listening to the acoustic sounds of Jeffery Pine. It was such a lovely evening I opted to dine on the patio with the soothing sounds of water running from a nearby feature, along with the mesmerizing views of the iconic Palisade rock formation as the sun began to bestow its cascading amber glow accentuating its features.

I enjoyed a pear and spinach salad to start, followed by Crisp Colorado Striped Bass with cilantro & sundried tomato pesto, along with sauté of baby spinach and black quinoa—it was absolutely delectable.

I also dined at the Paradox Grill a couple times for lunch and dinner…a bit more casual, but equally as good. One evening I enjoyed sautéed Rainbow Trout with mustard seed, lemon blanc and calico rice…oh was it delicious.

It’s difficult not to use every cliché imaginable to describe the Gateway Canyons Resort; because they all apply…it really is a “hidden gem.” The Resort is a few years old, with a number of the structures and amenities just recently opened. I can’t imagine this place staying a secret for much longer, so do yourself a favor and visit it soon; I promise you will not be disappointed.

For lots of pictures and video, visit MikesRoadTrip dot com.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo

Oh my goodness - I must admit when I first saw your headline "Gateway Canyons Resort is like and Entrance in to Xanadu", I thought "I hope that is a good thing!" I looked up Xanadu in the dictionary and it is defined as "place of great beauty, luxury, and contentment." It describes Gateway Canyons perfectly! Thank you for your amazing review - I could not have said it better. Please do come back and see us again!

Reviewed August 6, 2011

In a little-traveled area of the state, the scenic by-way south from Grand Junction to Gateway and beyond is spectacular, filled with geologic wonders, deserted public lands, and picturesque farms along the narrow river valley. The resort's beauty and somewhat remote location have much to recommend it. It makes for a great getaway from many other Colorado vacation spots.
The resort itself is very nice, with architecture, grounds and setting that blends into the scenery. While the room itself was fine, I would not characterize it was world-class; there are too many small but important details that are lacking. The rooms were very small; paint in poor condition, no bed-side light switch, some food stains around the microwave and fridge, cheap plastic tp holder, etc. Bed was very comfy, and room was fairly comfortable. But for this price, these details shouldn't be missed.
Finally, do not stay in Room 202 (or 203 and 204 as a reviewer mentioned last year). The mechanical sound is very intrusive. Why I was put there when the resort was 3/4 empty is odd. Moreover, when I mentioned this at checkout, the only comment the night auditor made was to ask what it sounded like.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
gatewaycanyons, Guest Relations Manager at Gateway Canyons Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

Thank you for your review and comments. I agree that Gateway Canyons is a great getaway, a "hidden oasis" you might say. Our design team did an excellent job of blending the resort in the with the surrounding beauty. You might be happy to know that we are remodeling the Dolores River Inn this winter and the rooms will be spectacular. I do apologize for the noise you experienced and have notified our maintenance staff of your concerns. I do hope you come back and stay with us again.

Respectfully,

Reviewed August 5, 2011

My hub and I work our you know what off and look forward to a good vacay. This is one of the nicest places we have ever stayed and worth every penny. Stunnnnnning views and SUPER clean rooms. We stayed in king kiva with our own lucious hot tub on a private patio. Thank you Mr. Hendricks for
building this place that gave me the opportunity to see such a beautiful
place on earth. Sedona Arizona
can't hold a candle to this place!
The auto museum was awesome,
and I'm not a car person. The good
humor ice cream truck brought back such great childhood memories.
The paradox restaurant was just
fabulous, we had pistachio cod that was to die for. Staff was great,
Deb,at the paradox, your apple mint
made the best mojito ever! Thinking
about staying here, Just do it as
you will love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011

Thank you for your detailed and thoughtful review. I am more than pleased to share with our staff. I appreciate your reference to the Good Humor ice cream truck bringing back great childhood memories. I hope that Gateway Canyons will also be a great memory as well. Please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed August 1, 2011

Scenic Highway 141, the magnificent red rock framing the road and the Gateway Canyon Resort made for an unexpected and delightful surprise. This resort is perfect for couple get-a-ways, business retreats and recreationists.

The resort is about an hour from Grand Junction and two hours from Telluride.

There is as much or as little as you desire to do. You can simply hang out by the pool and read, indulge in a spa treatment, take a light hike, or you can step up your recreation and take a jeep tour, float on the Dolores River, or bike, as we did, along a road flanked by huge red rock formations and the river.

Although we rode our hybrids, I recommend mountain bikes for the nearby trails.

Dinner at Entrada was delectable, the service pleasant, and we dined on the side patio, which had magnificent views of the red rock.

Although my husband and I are not car aficionados, we highly recommend a visit to the Gateway Auto Museum located on the property, it’s like no other car museum we’ve visited—the museum is superbly laid out, the cars are true works of art.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Slimplicity

As I read your review, I thought what a fabulous review. You stated everything we try to do in all of our advertising and I am so happy you agree. Thank you for your comments on the Entrada and for stating the cars in the Auto Museum are true works of art, because that is exactly what they are. Since you rode your bikes during your stay, you should come back and attempt a climb up the Palisade! A feat you will surely remember the rest of your life! We look forward to seeing you again!