“Awesome Experience”
Review of Mission: Wolf

Mission: Wolf
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I have to say my most favorite experiences are those involving nature. I read about this place in an article in an Encompass Magazine (aaa). Camping on the premises is allowed at Mission Wolf if there is room, however there were college student volunteers when we arrived. It was suggested that we set up our tent on National Forest property nearby. When we arrived we were given a tour of the facilities and a readers digest version of wolf behavior and instincts as well as the background of each wolf. There is also a board with information which was also very insightful. I learned a great deal in a short amount of time and felt such compassion for these beautiful creatures. We were invited to come back in the evening when the wolves became more active. We set up our tent and returned in the evening. We were lucky enough to be invited in an enclosure to meet the ambassador wolves and also some wolf pups. Greeting wolves is done by allowing the wolves to lick your teeth. What a experience! And they have surprisingly fresh breath! Later at our camp site we were able to listen to the wolf song as they howled to one another. And even later in our tent we heard the yip of the coyotes as they communicated with each other. Then in the morning we again heard the wolf song and I went up to watch them be fed. An amazing experience and one I soon won’t forget. There is no charge for this visit but any donations are accepted and appreciated.

1  Thank Cheryl M
There are newer reviews for Mission: Wolf

Reviewed July 29, 2011

We have visited Mission Wolf twice when staying with our friends who live in Westcliffe, CO which is south of Colorado Springs. I've always been fascinated by wolves but this trip exceeded my previous visit only because we had our daughter and her 3 children in tow. We were beyond lucky when the director came and asked if the kids would like to go in and meet some wolves. We'd had this experience the last time but not being very agile at our advanced age, we were only able to sit on a log and watch as other's had the full experience. This time the kids said a resounding "yes" and in we all went. It is an experience that no one ever forgets, and its said the wolves never forget you etiher. I came home with a new bumper sticker which says: I'm living proof that Wolves don't eat Grandmas! and a conviction that everything you've ever heard about wolves is probably wrong. If you are ever in this part of the country - please make the effort to go and meet them!

2  Thank Aussie44
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Great place to see and listen to the wolves. Mission Wolf is very informative and provides tours. Sometimes you can go inside a wolf pen for one hand contact. It is free to visit but donations are always welcome. Great for all ages.

3  Thank nohesitating