“The Staff here are so Nice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Alpine Inn

Alpine Inn
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Frisco
VA
“The Staff here are so Nice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

The hotel staff at the front desk are very nice and helpful. When I called with questions they took the time to explain my options related to travel around the county using the county bus line. Also, I needed to change my travel plans and they worked with me. Thank you!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
AlpineInnFrisco, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Alpine Inn and taking the time to leave us a review. I am happy to hear that the staff was nice and accommodating when it came to you needing to alter your plans. We strive for great customer service and do everything in our power to create an enjoyable experience for our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Evian-les-Bains, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

We live in France, and it's a long trip to Summit County for a disappointing lodging experience. We've stayed in an impersonal dated chain hotel in Frisco, an over rated dump in Breckenridge, and a very dirty ill appointed Lodge in Frisco; but we relied on TA ratings and were really pleased we chose the Alpine Inn for our twelve night stay this December. The entire atmosphere of the hotel was friendly, warm, modern and impeccably clean. Our room had every amenity I had requested by email, even extra coat hangers and a humidifier. Comfortable beds, loads of clean towels, endless hot water, new fridge and microwave, big flat screen TV, an adequate breakfast which we supplemented with blue berries and strawberries we bought in the store just a few minutes walk away. The free wifi was reliable and the PC in the lobby was quick and bug free! The hotel is handy for the free bus services to nearby ski resorts, and great choice of restaurants in Frisco.
I would like to thank Isabel the GM and here team Jeanette and Katherine who made our stay even better as they were so helpful and we had a few laughs as well. We will hopefully return, and would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor, facing the parking, without a communicating door. It was private...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Graham P P
AlpineInnFrisco, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Alpine Inn during your trip to Summit County. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay! We strive hard for customer satisfaction and are grateful that you appreciate all we do. We hope to see you in the future as well! We hope you had a safe trip home; enjoy the skiing in France!
Foley, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

A 2013 remodel has transformed this small motor inn from a clean but tattered budget property into a very stylish 1st class hostelry. The rooms are still rather compact, but now with extremely high quality fixtures (granite countertops and whoosherama TOTO toilets), 42" LG HDTVs, very comfortable bedding and linens, and even refrigerator-freezers with microwave ovens in every room. There's a new and enlarged lobby with fireplace and breakfast room with free continental breakfast....don't expect made-to-order omelets, but, hey, at the still budget price, there's enough there to fill one up before catching the Summit Stage bus out in front of the parking lot on the way to the slopes.

Room Tip: request a mountain view room...the northside rooms look out to the I70 soundwall
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sam A
Sam, Thank you for choosing the Alpine Inn. We are glad our remodel and high quality fixtures did not go unnoticed. Thank you for pointing out that the breakfast is free and that there is enough to fill one up :) The Summit Stage is very convenient for our guests. We are very happy to hear that our hard work has paid off and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you in the future!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have been staying at the Alpine Inn every season for the last several years, it is my favorite hotel in Summit county. The location is unbeatable so is the price. The staff is very helpful, and I love the renovation they just completed last year.

• Stayed February 2013
AlpineInnFrisco, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for your repeated business throughout the years. We truly appreciate it. We are thrilled to hear that this is your place of choice when staying in Summit County! You are right, the location is great. Right across the street from the free transportation center and right behind a grocery store.
Amherst, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

Ignore the overly positive reviews as the Alpine Inn had few amenities that we could find! There are almost too many problems to list, ranging from the mini bathroom with a child-size shower/tub? and lidless tiny toilet to not providing a radio, luggage racks or even chairs to hold open suitcases (we asked and they said no), uncomfortable pillows for stomach sleepers, dangerously pointed night tables next to your head, and finally a breakfast that was packaged and worth avoiding. After two weeks of staying at wonderful places on our trip, this experience was a real step down!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank richard414
Thornton, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed two nights with my family. The rooms are very nice and loved some of the room amenities. Coffee pot, not so good. Should have at least 4 cup. Where is the towel rack for the bathroom sink? Oh yes, there isn't one. Just toss it next to the sink with the single cup coffee maker. Did not think much of their continental breakfast on the maim floor next to the front desk in a small kitchen like area. Great saltwater pool. More for wading than swimming though. Same with the hot tub (two people?). The rules say to shower before entering, but there is no shower in the pool area to use before or after. (Even an open air shower would have been nice.)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tina p
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I booked a last minute weekend reservation on Thursday night through Expedia, for Saturday and Sunday night at the Alpine Inn , or so I thought.

Upon arriving, I was informed that I was a day late and the reservation I had made was actually for Friday and Saturday. I checked my confirmation, and sure enough, I made a mistake… "no problem", said the front desk agent, "we're not very busy". She changed the dates on the reservation, and my registration card, and I checked-in. I was embarrassed, but problem averted… I'm here at the end of October and this is a skiers hotel - there were maybe a dozen cars in the parking lot. If this had happened a couple months later, after the ski resorts had opened, I'm out of luck.

The next morning, I get a call on my cell phone (weird since I'm in their hotel, why not call me in the room)… it's the same front desk agent informing me that I'll now need to pay for Sunday night if I want to stay. I object because we had changed the reservation the day before with her affirmation in the way of her signature… and I have the registration card reflecting the change!

She's just started, of course, and it's her manager that made the decision. I ask to speak with the manager, who is not there, so she dials her on the phone. I speak with Isabel Rawson at Remax Properties on the Summit… evidently, the Alpine Inn is outsourcing the GM function to a property management company in Frisco.

Isabel retracts the reservation change made by her agent on the desk the day before, and requires the additional payment in order to stay. I advised that I had changed the reservation with the front desk, and had the card with the agent's signature - but that wasn't compelling to Isabel.

My wife and I, and our six month old daughter (that's right Isabel kicked out an infant!), promptly left… never to return again. The front desk agent was apologetic and confirmed that our room would be empty Sunday night - they were only running about 25% occupancy this time of year.

This is really sad. The Alpine Inn owners (Lester and Eva Warpecha) have obviously spent some money on renovations… having worked as a vendor in the hotel business, I'd guess maybe $20k a room? Probably a 40 room property? The point being, they spent easily $500k in renovations, and definitely improved the structure… but did nothing about the service. A much better experience is provided by nearby chain properties, like Best Western or Holiday Inn, because they have strict franchisee customer service standards!!!! You can't have an rented and absentee GM and keep those flags.

As long as Isabel and REMAX properties of the Summit are running it, the Alpine Inn will remain just another mountain budget hotel of the Interstate.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dave5280
AlpineInnFrisco, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear David Redpath,
I want to thank you for giving us a high rating on our rooms and cleanliness. I understand from your review on TripAdvisor that you were troubled with your stay.

You made a reservation through Expedia for October 25 and 26. Here are the terms and conditions you agreed to when booking the room online through Expedia: “This reservation is non-refundable and cannot be changed or canceled.” Did you try to contact Expedia? I would hope that you could understand that my hands are tied and we cannot make alterations to reservations booked through a third party. In case of a No Show we are not required to hold your reservation, however we did.

While this is not an excuse, the front desk agent is new and she did not know how to handle the situation due to its rarity. She mentioned that she would need to check to see if you would need to pay for Sunday since this was not a part of your reservation. Within 10 minutes of you checking in the front desk agent tried to call your room, however, your phone was off the hook. This is why she reached out to you on your cell phone.

You are quite wrong in stating that Alpine Inn outsources the GM function to Remax. Remax is my second job. I work 40+ hours a week at the Alpine Inn and to call me an absentee and “rented” GM is an insult.

We strive for great customer service and do everything in our power to create an enjoyable experience for our guests. We have been family owned and operated for 15 years, which is why many of our guests stay with us and keep coming back.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Baymont Inn & Suites Frisco Lake Dillon
Ramada Frisco
#4 of 21 in Frisco
BEST WESTERN Ptarmigan Lodge
Hampton Inn & Suites Silverthorne

Been to Alpine Inn? Share your experiences!