“Great Hospitality”

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Frisco
Portland, OR
“Great Hospitality”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Spent a night last week at the Alpine Inn and I was very pleased with the hotel and the staff. We showed up late and they kept the hot tub/pool area open so we could relax and the next day let us come back after checking out to change our ski clothes prior to catching our plane home. I will stay at the Alpine Inn next time I am in the Colorado Rockies!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
AlpineInnFrisco, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy we could accommodate your needs with the hot tub. We hope to see you in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
illinois
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I spent one night here on a business trip. I actually had business in Vail, but couldn't justify the hotel prices in Vail and this seemed like a good solution since it was only a half hour east and closer to the Denver airport, that I needed to drive to the following morning. I was not disappointed in my choice. I was a little put off when I pulled into the parking lot because the outside appears very unimpressive. This is a small place so every parking spot is convenient to the front door. The lobby is small but the woman at the front desk was efficient and polite. She allowed for early check in and directed me to my second floor room. Just note that there is no elevator in this two floor establishment so you will need to request a first floor room if you have mobility issues, or do not want to be dragging your luggage up the stairs. Also, there is some pretty funky carpeting going on with large abstract designs that I found distracting on the step up to the first landing. I think this is a potential trip hazard.

The whole place has just recently undergone a complete renovation. The lobby, lounge and breakfast area, although small, are well designed and intimate. The rooms are well proportioned, with the exception of the bathroom, which is quite small. Everything is brand spanking new. There is a large mirror on the wall that I appreciated, a great desk area, plenty of lighting, granite sink area and a large flat screen television. There is also a stainless steel mini fridge and microwave. The bed is comfortable with good quality linens and plenty of large blankets. The lounge chair was comfy with plenty of room to stretch out your legs. Everything was in immaculate and spotless condition. My room had a mountain view that was pretty impressive. I did not visit the pool/hot tub area so cannot comment on them. Breakfast was simple but more than sufficient and just as with the rooms, the breakfast area was immaculately maintained. Now there is nothing luxurious about the rooms or this establishment, but it serves its purpose very well and is a GREAT bargain. I was very satisfied and highly recommend this hotel if you are passing through or out in ski country for a quick trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room if you have mobility issues.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
AlpineInnFrisco, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Alpine Inn during your recent trip. We greatly appreciate your business. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear that you like the remodel and the added amenities. It is nice to hear that the room was clean and comfortable.
Atlanta
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Really just needed an inexpensive place for a night but really pleasantly surprised. Very nice staff. Well located and easy drive to Keystone and Breckenridge. No elevator to second floor so if you have walking issues might be an issue. Still very clean and I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
AlpineInnFrisco, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Alpine Inn. We are very pleased to hear that you were pleasantly surprised. We strive hard to keep our rooms clean. Since we do not have an elevator we try to accomodate guests if we know ahead of time that they have a special request. Thank you again!
Kailua
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed at the Alpine Inn for a long week at the end of March 2013.

The hotel is easy to find, right of the I-70. It was just remodeled and very clean. There are parking spots just in front of the hotel.

The staff is very friendly.

room:
The room is a good size.
The heating was good even though it was very cold outside.
The bed, pillows, sheets were clean and comfortable.
The room has a fridge with a freezer compartment and a microwave. We used it to eat dinner as it was cheap and allowed us to relax after skiing.
The shower was always hot and the water pressure worked fine.
There is a flat screen TV.

The problem is:
You can very well hear the TV in your neighbor's room. So, if you have a neighbor who watches TV at night, you will have trouble getting asleep. We had to stuff some kind of clothing between the two doors in an attempt to insulate us from the noise and to put the fan at maximum position on the heater at night to drawn the TV noise from the next room. We could still hear it but we managed to sleep. We had more than one neighbor during the length of our stay and we could always hear their TV. Luckily, some went to bed early, as we did! I have to say that we are used to sleep in a very calm environment. So, you need to evaluate if it's a problem for you or not. I would likely not go there again only because of this TV noise.

amenities:
The pool was clean and warm enough, better than many hotel pools for the warmth. The jacuzzi is a bit small for the number of clients wanting to use it and the water was not sparkly clean, but it's often the case with jacuzzi and I managed to use it almost every time I wanted to. There are additional clean dry towels by the pool/spa, which was much appreciated.

breakfast:
Every morning had the same offerings except one day, when there was less. So we could choose as many as we wanted from apple or orange juice, coffee or tea, hot meal, two kinds of cold cereals, one cereal bar, apples, custard or red jam danish pastries, two kind of small muffins, and at least two kinds of bagels, butter, jams and cream cheese.

Location:
It is very conveniently located.
Two minutes walk with ski boots to the free shuttles to all the summit county shopping and skiing.
15 to 20 minutes by car to Keystone, Copper, Breckenridge, Loveland.
Just across the street is a Safeway, and after that, many ski rentals and Walmart.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel are farther from the highway and have a nice view on the mountains.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Alpine Inn during your stay in March. I am glad that you found the room to be clean and comfortable and enjoyed the amenities we have to offer. It is also very nice to hear out staff was friendly towards you during your stay. Our hotel is conveniently located which is one of the many perks.
Thank you for bringing to my attention the problem with the rooms that have adjoining doors, we are working to find a solution to make those rooms quieter.
Again thank you for your business.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We are so happy to see the Alpine Inn remodeled this year (Jan 2013). They did a lovely job, but should invest in more pillows, and nicer sheets. I called to get extra pillows, and they had none. The sheets were quite scratchy, matching their old towels. Continental breakfast was ok, but a waffle maker would be nice, along with a better selection of fruit, cereals, tea, pastries.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
AlpineInnFrisco, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business. For breakfast we do offer tea, regular and decaf, muffins and danishes, and 2 varieties of cereal. We have put more pillows in the rooms.
Thanks again.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We were so happy with our recent stay at Alpine Inn! Everything has been updated and the rooms are very comfortable. It's so close to Copper and Breckenridge that we skied at Copper and had dinner in Breckenridge! The only minor complaint I have is the continental breakfast was boring, they could use some sort of protein, even if it's just peanut butter for the bagels (with so many people heading out skiing this would be a nice addition). A nice plus was the granola bars to take with us for the day though. Definitely recommend a stay here, half the price of staying at the resort!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Alpine Inn during you stay. We are so glad that you like the remodel. We have now added peanut butter for the bagels, great idea. I do love Frisco as it is central to all the ski resorts. We hope to see you again.
Plainfield, Connecticut
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Alpine Inn is totally redone. Even the parking lot. ALL NEW furniture , rugs , doors, everything is NEW inside and outside. They expanded the common area for breakfast and just lounging around. The staff is great, friendly and accomodating.

I stay here alot in SKI season. It is central to Summit & Eagle counties.
I just got back about 3 weeks ago and I am going back again for 2 more weeks. Don't take my word for it, go check it out.

This picture is of the old Alpine INN. They should update it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
AlpineInnFrisco, Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you Steve for choosing Alpine Inn during all your stays in Summit County. We greatly appreciate your business and hope to continue to see you in the future. We are glad that you like our remodel and all the added amenities we have as well.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Baymont Inn & Suites Lake Dillon
#4 of 21 in Frisco
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge
Hampton Inn & Suites Silverthorne
Comfort Suites Dillon

Been to Alpine Inn? Share your experiences!