“Poor customer service”

Holiday Inn Frisco - Breckenridge
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Frisco
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn in Frisco for a weekend ski trip. I will start positively, and acknowledge that the room was clean. We have two young kids, so we planned to use the pool. However, it was cloudy with a layer of scum on the top, and the water was freezing cold. The hot tub was similarly filthy. This clearly is an on-going problem for them, because I remember reading another traveler's comments about this before we went. And, although the hotel's website shows two hot tubs in the photograph, there is only one. (The other has been covered over with decking.) The most frustrating part of our experience however, is that we paid twice for our stay, and I have been unable to get the manager to return my phone calls on the matter. We originally booked our stay for December, but canceled when our son got very sick the day before we were going to go. We had pre-paid a non-refundable stay, but the person my husband spoke with said it was no problem to cancel, and our credit card would be refunded. A few weeks later, we re-booked our trip, and afterward realized that they had never actually credited our card. I called to speak with a manager and was told that she wasn't sure that she would be able to help me, as it was non-refundable, but she would speak to her supervisor and call me back by the end of the day. She never called. I waited a week, and called to speak with the general manager. I left a detailed message, which was never returned. Unfortunately, not cancelling the first trip was not an option, as my 7 year old was so sick he didn't get out of bed for two days. I understand their policy, but I expect that the staff would be trained well enough to not make promises to customers that they have no intention of keeping. At the very least, I would have expected an apology. Instead we paid an extra $500 for a mediocre road-side motel. We will definitely never stay at any Holiday Inn again, and have told many people about our experience.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Paula S
Andy B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Frisco - Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Thank you for your response regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn. We are always looking for ways to increase the communication between the staff here, 3rd party booking sites and customers, so I appreciate your feedback on ways to improve this. The web site you are referring to has new up-dated pictures and I thank you for bringing this to our attention so we can fix this immediately. As busy weekends increase the number of occupants in our pool area and other facility, we strive to uphold the standards of service and cleanliness and create an individual experience for each guest. In this instance, we experienced a challenged motor for the pool based on the number of occupants. We have fixed this issue as well as the colder water you may have experienced because of the colder outside temperatures we have had in Summit County as of recent.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Frisco - Breckenridge

Reviewed February 15, 2012

I recently stayed at this Holiday Inn. I usually stay at Hilton properties but there but there are none in Frisco. They were great upon check in. My room was fine, average motel room. The room looked fairly modernized. Clean enough. I was supposed to stay 2 nights but had to leave at 2PM on the second night of my stay. They let me check out without any problem or extra charge. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank RidgewoodTravelers
Andy B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Frisco - Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn! Our front desk staff and housekeeping team pride themselves on the guest service they provide and cleanliness of the hotel. After a recent renovation, our upgraded features in each room help guests feel at home with granite counter tops and new beds, so we are glad to hear that it suited your stay. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 15, 2012

Worst experience at a IHG property ever!! Room was disgusting from the smells to the look. Indoor pool was freezing and had trash on the tables, and full trash cans. Staff was ignorant and showed no interest in anything except the rate for the rooms. I am a Priority Club member Gold status and was told that "that did not mean anything when it came to pricing or room upgrades". I agreed to pay the $143 for a room at hotel because of a snow storm and horrible driving conditions, but would have rather slept in the car. I will NEVER stay at another IHG property because of this experience. Someone from IHG should contact this property and let them know they are costing you valuable customers......

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jason L

Thank you for your response regarding your stay with the Holiday Inn Summit County. We appreciate your feedback surrounding priority club reward customers. We strive to give every customer an individual experience. The next time you are here, please visit us at the restaurant and I look forward to buying you breakfast as well as taking you on a tour of the rooms where you can choose which would suit your needs best. Again, we thank you for your priority club member status as well as your helpful feedback.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Summit County Frisco in CO this past weekend for a buddies ski trip and was not happy with the stay. When I checked in on Thursday night, the kid at the front desk assigned me and my 3 friends (all grown men) to our room: we were pre-booked on a non-refundable rate. We got to the room and there was one king bed - tight squeeze for 4 men! I went back to the desk and he said he couldn't find my reservation. He assigned me to a different room with 2 beds (their doubles are more like fulls) and we went to bed. The next day, we got off the slopes and our room keys had been deactivated. We went back to reception to get new keys and then saw that our room wasn't cleaned. About 2 hours later when we were relaxing, a couple unlocked and came into our room! Apparently, they had checked someone else into our room. I went back downstairs and asked them how that could happen and they said they couldn't find the original reservation and must have thought the room was vacant. Next day, our room keys are deactivated...again!!! And they said that my credit card was declined (because I got a new credit card since I made the original booking). But why would they try run my credit card when it was fully prepaid?? Basically, they said that the owner wanted to talk to me and when I went back down, the owner was nowhere to be found. I left my cell phone number and the owner still never called me. At least they gave us $40 in free breakfast for our inconvenience. Then, on checkout, they give me a folio for 1 night, instead of the 3 that they ended up charging my credit card. I am a Gold Priority Club member and am very loyal to IHG brands but was expecting alot better of Holiday Inn Summit County Frisco. Messing up my reservation that badly ensures I will not likely stay at another Holiday Inn again - it was a terrible experience.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank doosiesa

Thank you for your response regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn. We appreciate your feedback and have worked through the computer system to fix any glitches that might have caused a double booking on a room. Our front desk staff works very hard to award every guest with anything that might meet their needs. I do hope that you will visit another holiday inn in the future, as well as ours, as computer errors are easily fixable and sometimes cause miss-communication. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed there for 1 week, and not enjoyed at all.
Rooms and bathroom smelled bad... the bed sheets doens't look to be changed when i get the room. Even the television remote control wasn't work. The staff are good, but should be more proactive.

there are some reviews in google places that are even worst...

Room Tip: Try other hotels... let this one as last option...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TheMoah
Andy B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Frisco - Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2012

Thank you for your input for our constantly improving hotel. All of our rooms and sheets are very clean so I will personally look into your long stay. Our staff will be glad to hear about your compliments and it is our mission to become better, proactive stewards for our valued clients. Thanks again for your business. We hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

In a phone call prior to our to our visit "the most pleasant... helpful manager of the property" assured me that we would not be dissapointed in our stay. She was so right! The first words out of my mouth when I entered the hotel were "WOW" what a large, beautiful lobby, fireplaces and & all. At the front desk,we were greeted by smiling, pleasant, helpful staff... a similar experience with all of the staff we encountered. As we moved along to our room it became obvious that the entire hotel had been TASTEFULLY remodeled...our very comfortable rooom was no exception and the view from our window was SPECTACULAR. The hotel is in a GREAT LOCATION!...close to Breckenridge, Keystone, Copper, and Vail. My two "adult" daughters really enjoyed the quaint little village of Frisco along with many good places to eat.We look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Room with a view
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ken P

On behalf of The Holiday Inn Summit County, we are very pleased to read your enthusiasm for our wonderful, new hotel. It is beautiful here and thank you for your very generous review. The Town of Frisco has some great shops and restaurants and it sounds like your teenage daughters had fun. Please let us know the next time you stay at our hotel so we can help make it even more enjoyable and memorable. Maybe a summer trip next time? The sunny season here is fantastic aslo.

Reviewed January 28, 2012

Our stay was good, just not great. The service was fabulous. Jessica, our waitress made a possible bad situation nice. The front desk clerks were pleasant. The rooms were clean, very pretty, and updated. The location is good.
But...the rooms have double beds, not queens. The pool was too cold to enjoy. The hot tub was disgusting. The water was cloudy to the point of not being able to see me knees and things floated by on the wayer's surface. And the picitures are wrong, there is only one hot tub.The restaurant had a 30 minute wait on the kitchen, which the staff told us upfront, but really? A Saturday night in January and you don't have a decent kitchen staff? And, unlike every other place in the area, there is no complimentary breakfast. Kids eat free, but we have teens. We just need a quick, light bite to eat in the morning, not a sit down meal.
All in all, if our other two favorite places are booked, like they were this weekend, I might stay here again. It's okay. Just not what I'd hoped for the money and name.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Milliebay
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Baymont Inn & Suites Lake Dillon
Summit Inn
Summit Inn
#1 of 21 in Frisco
Comfort Suites Summit County

Been to Holiday Inn Frisco - Breckenridge? Share your experiences!