“Worst Holiday Inn EVER (almost)!”

Holiday Inn Frisco - Breckenridge
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Frisco
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 13, 2011

This porperty's saving grace is the staff. Friendly- apologetic for their pathetic working place.

Spend your money elsewhere. Staff, restaurant, and rooms are worth 50 bucks/night but your be expected to spend three times that.
I was placed on the ground floor- never had hot water. Had to waste enourmous amounts to get nothing.

Poor wireless internet- slow. very slow.

I had friends on the 4 floor that said they were ok.

The lobby was ice-cold and they left the doors open. Very uncomfortable.

If you are a skier- you may get stuck staying there- I feel sorry for you.

Avoid the restaurant- at all costs. Terrible value- beyond the location multiplier. iccccky

Room Tip: Ask for a higher level floor. Water heater is on the top floor and has to travel all the way to firs...
6  Thank David R
Andy B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Frisco - Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2012

Thank you for your kind compliments regarding our staff and thank you for your input and for staying with us in Frisco. We value your business and are dedicated to establishing the best hotel in Summit County. Happy New Year and thanks again.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Frisco - Breckenridge

Reviewed December 13, 2011

I went skiing with my family for few days to Colorado and this hotel came out to have excellent location for skiing. (about 7min to Copper Mountain, 15 min to Keystone and 25 min to Vail)
It is located just off hwy 70 with walking distance to grocery store, restaurants and convenience stores. Hotel was nice and clean with all the amenities that kept my kids occupied in the afternoons (swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, fitness room, computer room, games room) while me and my wife enjoyed drink in the hotel bar/restaurant
Hotel was clean, service stuff was very helpful in every way, food was great. We will stay there for sure next year again as we didn't have time to ski Breckenridge yet.
Also worth mentioning - skiing passes are available in the lobby with discount and there is a ski rental shop across the parking lot that will rent skis for my kids for $8/day plus discount if you stay in the Holiday INN. Just bring your ski boots.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

On behalf of the Holiday Inn Frisco, Colorado, thank you very much for staying at our hotel. We are very pleased that we were able to meet all your expectations for a fun and successful ski trip. It is the best of compliments to read how happy you were with the service, accommodations and amenities of our hotel and resort community. Please let us know when you are planning to return so we can prepare to great one of our most valued guests.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

My crew and I stayed here for about a month, while we did some work near by. The rooms were nice and clean. I really enjoyed the the way we were treated. The restaurant staff was also fun to talk with. I would stay here anytime I visit the Frisco area again.

• Stayed: December 2011

We are very happy to have established a warm relationship with you and your crew here at the Holiday Inn Frisco Colorado. Our restaurant staff at The Sporting News Grill is a fun, service oriented group and we're glad you enjoyed yourself and look forward to seeing you all again. Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us on your business travels.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

The interior of the Hotel is very cold and uncomfortable!
I work outside all day and in the winter I like to come back to a warm hotel.
When I check in and go to my room it is freezing cold. I am a priority member so maybe for those memebers you can go to the rooms that you are going to check them into and turn the heater on to thaw it out. Really disappointing.
Also, whoever cleaned my room durning the day turns the heater off in MY ROOM. If I have a heater on when I leave I expect that heater remain on so that my room is WARM when I return.
I also spoke to the front desk that my heater was turned off on day one and she assured me that it would not happen again, but what do you think happened on day two? The heater was turned off again. Please get control of this issue!

I summary, Heat the interior of the Hotel and leave heater in the rooms alone.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your input and for staying with us. The Holiday Inn Frisco, Colorado is a warm, cozy hotel and the housekeepers are preparing warm, welcoming rooms. We've added a fireplace in the lobby and at our restaurant. The Sporting News Grill is an especially toasty, comfortable places for our guests. Thanks again for your valued business.

Reviewed November 24, 2011

From the time I walked in with my family I was greeted by very polite guest services who checked me in early. My family and I felt very welcome as they were accommodating to all my needs. The hotel is clean and neat with a great fireplace in the foyer where we spent time as a family. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are very classy. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who will be staying in the Frisco area, 7 miles away from Copper Mountain. Perfect for family's with kids who are skiing.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Brooke D, Manager at Holiday Inn Frisco - Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2011

When people walk into our hotel, our goal is to make you feel welcome and a part of the family. What a compliment. Thank you so much for staying with us.
We hope to see you return for a fabulous ski trip.

Reviewed November 24, 2011

We came up for Thanksgiving weekend and this place looked great. New and modern and clean. The front desk was helpful and polite. The rooms were up to date and very clean. We will come back next available chance to go skiing at Copper Mountain, which is just minutes away!

Room Tip: It's all quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here with us over Thanksgiving.
Let us know when you are coming skiing and we would love to do all that we can for you.

Take Care

Reviewed November 13, 2011

The C.S.A.A. had its annual business meeting and awards ceremony at the Holiday Inn of Frisco. We spent approximately seven hours in the Lake Side meeting room and several of our members stayed the evening at the hotel.
I was very impressed with the staff, especially. The hotel was very clean, the meeting room had been set up as we specified, the parking lot and sidewalks were being well maintained (as it was snowing), the catering staff was ready with our meals on time, but the hotel staff was the highlight of the hotel.
The General Manger introduced herself to our group and she personally made sure we were taken care of. The maintenance engineer made sure we had everything we needed. I even requrested a high chair for our youngest member and the front desk employee went out of her way to find one for us.

1  Thank Mike S
Brooke D, Manager at Holiday Inn Frisco - Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

CSAA
You and your group were an absolute joy to work with.
Thank you for choosing us for your annual dinner and awards ceremony.
We love hearing positive feedback!
We'll see you next year

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Baymont Inn & Suites Lake Dillon
Summit Inn
Summit Inn
#1 of 21 in Frisco
Comfort Suites Summit County

Been to Holiday Inn Frisco - Breckenridge? Share your experiences!