Baymont Inn & Suites Lake Dillon
Hotel Frisco(Frisco)
Frisco Condo(Frisco)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
All reviewsphohot tubyogurtfree breakfastlake dillonski tripbeds were comfortableindoor poolwould stay here againcopper mountainski seasonwhole foodssummit countygreat priceskiingbreckenridgemountains
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 10, 2010

This hotel is always a sure thing when staying in Summit County. I've stayed here on multiple occasions for various reasons and my experiences are consistent. The staff is super friendly, personable, and knowledgeable of the area and all its offerings. It doesn't matter what I might be looking for, they always know the answer. The restaurant is closed, but they still provide one of the best continental breakfasts which is included with the price of the room.

Occasionally when I arrive a bit early (middle of the afternoon) the staff is still cleaning rooms and I can't get checked in until 4. But they're cool about it. One of the neat little programs they've got going on is a late checkout for Sunday, which works super well for getting around the typical "back to Denver" traffic from the weekend. For only $20, they let you have the room until 7PM Sunday night, which is plenty of extra time to get off the mountain, get a bite to eat, got back to the hotel, take a dip in the hot tub, shower and get into some comfy clothes for the ride back down the mountain.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 6, 2010

We decided to stay here after canceling another reservation due to scathing reviews. What a great choice! My son and I went on a skiing weekend and wanted a centrally located place to launch from for the day. Within minutes we were at Breckenridge, Keystone, Copper or Loveland. Loveland? Yes this was suggested by the staff and was absolutely the best value and skiing we had all weekend.

The hotel staff was absolutely great! When checking in at the front desk, the clerk was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. He gave us tips on where to ski each day, restaurants to visit and places to see. Everyone in the hotel was helpful and concerned that our stay was pleasant.

The breakfast is average and can get you going in the morning. There was a waffle maker, cereal, fruit, coffee, danish, hard boiled egg, and yogurt. There are also biscuits and gravy but the biscuits were over done and rock solid every day.

The rooms were very clean and well maintained. The décor is standard budget hotel fair but the bed was really comfortable. Sleeping came easy on a comfortable bed after keeping up with an 11 year old all day on the mountain.

The indoor pool was very nice and the two hot tubs were clean and relaxing after a day of skiing.

Great value, great service, great location!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Shellman89
BestWesternGM, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lake Dillon, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2010

We are pleased that you had such a wonderful time and we hope to see you again next year. Thanks again.

Reviewed April 4, 2010

First let me say that the picture of the room posted is not what I got. I got a very dated room with a bedspread that looked like it was from the 1970's but this is not why I am writting. I did not enjoy my stay at this hotel as my first impression was very poor. I arrived just around 3:30pm and was told that housekeeping was still cleaning my room. The whole lobby was full of travelers waiting for their rooms as housekeeping had not cleaned their rooms either. Check in is 4:00pm but it puzzeled me that the whole lobby full of more than a dozen guest were waiting for a clean room. Then at 4:00pm the desk clerk announced that all the rooms were ready and it was a free for all. This is still not the reason I write today.
The final insult was after reaching my next destination I looked up my bank account and noticed that the hotel charged me an additional 20.00???? I called and inquired only to be told that they charge an extra 20.00 just in case I have incidentals? What I didn't have incidentals? The front desk clerk told me it would be credited back to my bank account in 5 days. Well this is very unethical as I never authorized this deduction. No where on my statement does it say anything about this charge.

So I got thinking they have 120+ rooms if each guest is charged this 20.00 that is 2400.00 x 5 days = 12,000 that goes into their bank account to make some interest I'm sure but wait this is continues every day of the week based on of course 100% occupancy. I really am annoyed and believe this unauthorized charge is crossing the line.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2010

This place was a huge disappointment. When we pulled it we were very disappointed it was right along the freeway. Noise was terrible! Check in was a nightmare. We arrived at 300pm and were told the rooms were not clean. We would not be able to check in until 400pm. The waiting quickly filled up with tired skiers and travelers who were told the same thing. It was if a magic key box would open up at 400pm and the rooms would all be clean. The staff was not very accomedating or friendly. Will pay a little more and stay someplace else for sure.

Unfortunately, as you were told the day of your arrival, we would not be able to get you into your room until 4pm. During the busy part of our season it is very difficult to get people in rooms before 4pm. It is also not fair to others to make some people wait and let others in early. That is why our commitment is to have all rooms cleaned and inspected for everyone by 4pm. I apologize that you had to wait to get into your room and I appreciate the patience of the others who understood.

Reviewed March 17, 2010

We stayed at this hotel, and it saved us alot of drive time. This is a perfect location if you want to ski all the resorts and not just one. With in minutes you are in downtown Breckenridge, Vail is only about 30 minutes or so, and Copper Mountain is 10 minutes away. The night life and restaurants in Frisco are awesome. During ski season this is probably one of the best deals out there.
The staff was very kind , and helps us out quite abit. We will visit this place again on our next winter outing.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends