“Not worth $180 per night!!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Lake Dillon
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Frisco
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I have stayed at some great higher end hotels that didn't cost $180/ night and gave me much more bang for my buck then the Best Western in Frisco, CO. My husband was volunteering with the Special Olympics today, so we stayed there last night. We made our reservation over a week ago for a king suite with a pull out couch because our kids were going to come with us.

As soon as you walk in, the smell of the chlorine from the pool across the building fills your nostrils. The pool is tiny and only fits around 10 people. I don't know what the hot tub looks like as it was around the corner and up some stairs and I was already irritated with our check in process.

We got there at 3:00 and were asked to come back at 4:30. No invitation to use the pool or the hot tub while we waited. It was windy, snowy and freezing outside, but found a small art gallery in Breckenridge to kill some time in. We went back at 4:45 and waited for 15 mins to be checked in. They do allow you to stay till 1:00pm with no extra charge or until 7:00pm with a $20 charge provided nobody is in your room the next day.

We went up to room 417. The elevator only fits 3 people and the one on the left only works half of the time. The room was dated, musky smelling and it was two queen beds. Not what we reserved last week. When I called the front desk, they first said they didn't know why the reservation said 2 queens and that they were sold out and couldn't do anything, then magically found us a regular king room when I kept pressing (not the suite though). Luckily our kids didn't come with us, so the regular king worked out. We went back down to the front desk for about 10 mins then back up to room 233.

This room is right above the pool and is extremely humid. There was condensation dripping off of the windows. We turned on the A/C and it sounded like a John Deere tractor! We had to crank the volume up on the tv so loud, I'm sure we were bothering our neighbors. There were wires hanging out from under the A/C, thank goodness we didn't have babies crawling around that could play with those. Holes in the walls, filthy electrical outlets, old dated bathroom tile, a thin crummy shower mat that floats around your feet, mirror sits back almost 3 ft from the sink so you can't see yourself when you do your makeup, and a huge bulky old tv.

The bed seemed ok, there were 4 pillows that were extremely old and squished. I woke up two times every hour because I couldn't sleep on the bed. The A/C would go from one extreme to the other.

Breakfast was nasty. Waffles and OJ were the only good parts. The biscuits and gravy were a joke. The biscuits were hard as a rock and the gravy was made of some sort of jelly substance, not even palatable. And the coffee tasted like mildew (the smell of 3 day old moldy coffee grounds). The coffee in the room tasted just as bad.

The only good thing I can say is that housekeeping seems to do a good job with cleaning. The tiles in the bathroom were clean, the linens and bedspread seemed cleaned and no stains on the carpet. And the girl that checked me out was much friendly and nicer then the two guys that checked us in.

These rooms do not look anything like the professional pictures on their website. They are dated and have been "remodeled" with horrible construction. They didn't even bother patching up or painting over where they took out the old light fixture over the sink. The carpet was pulling away from the wall because it wasn't tacked properly. The shower head was super funny. I've replaced showerheads several times, and I've never seen such a long curved pipe going UP towards the ceiling. Very bizarre and hard to reach. I almost needed a step stool!

I will not stay here again and do not advise this hotel unless you absolutely have to. OH another thing that upset me, they didn't put any de-icer in the driveway or parking lot!! I almost landed on my butt 3 times because of this! And there were MANY physically handicapped individuals staying here. The hotel staff should have thought about this before hand for safety precautions.

Also, they charge a $20 incidental fee that gets released 3-5 days later. I will NEVER stay at this place again. When you first walk into the building, they sure try to make it look upgraded and remodeled, but it is just a front. When you see the rooms, they look dated and cheaply finished with poor construction. A new bedspread and light fixture over the sink do not constitute "remodeled." NOTHING like their pictures. And I think majority of their reviews are from employees or spammers as there is no way possible this place is even worth 2 stars!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charity V

Reviewed February 13, 2012

We bid on this hotel through Priceline less than 48 hours prior to when we wanted to go. My husband got his first bid of $89 for a Saturday in February. I was leary since it was close to I-70 and it has been there forever.

We checked in at about 4:30 pm, had skiied Keystone for the day, it was a quick and easy drive over the dam road. The man at check-in was very pleasant, friendly and friendly. I asked for a room opposite the highway and with 2 beds, both requests were granted without hesitation.

The room was on the small side but for 1 night for a family with young children it was fine. The beds surpassed my expectation for comfort. I am picky. The room was quiet, clean, just fine for a 1 night stay.

The pool was quite small and full of young people having a really good time! Apres ski for sure. The hot tub was big and quite HOT. Just fine for a quick relax.

Breakfast in the morning was a step above continental. It was very busy at 7:30 am but what I would expect. Hardboiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, bagesl, waffles, oat meal, juices, coffee, hot chocolate. Saved us a bundle on breakfast and the $4 hot chocolate the mountains charge.

We would stay here again for a 2.5 star experience. The drive to Beaver Creek which is where we skiied the following day, was quite simple and closer than I expected. It's

Room Tip: Call in advance ask for the type of room you like. We faced away from the highway. We were on the 4t...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank webtravelreview
Reviewed February 5, 2012

We all know a ski vacation is going to be expensive no matter what you do to shave costs. Normally we stay at condos close the the base at the local ski resorts, but with the economy the way it is we had to scale back our accommodations to save money.
We were pleasantly surprised with the Best Western Frisco! The hotel is old but clean, not quite what I was used to staying at but I was very happy with my choice. We paid $179 for a room with 3 beds. This worked out perfect. Our family of 4 slept on 2 of the beds and left the third bed open for luggage and ski clothes. You always need more room for "stuff" on these type of trips. The hotel offered a free breakfast buffet that was satisfying for all of us, they had a hot tub and a pool for the kids. The hotel was right off the highway so it was easy to drive to Copper Mountain or Keystone, plus Breckenridge is down the street.
The front desk people were friendly, we rented our skis from the shop in the hotel, this was nice cause we didn't have to go anywhere it was right in the lobby. At night we were able to use a table in the restaurant to play cards at.
Altogether I was please, definately not premium accommodations, but the place was clean, priced low and easy. Perfect for families on a budget! We will definately stay again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Not bad, right off of I-70, front desk help was excellent!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Nice clean and friendly. Great view of the lake. Good wifi. have been there twice in three years and had the same room.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Both Christopher and Ben were very helpful staff and provided a wealth of local information to make our stay in the Breckenridge, Keystone ski resort a very special vacation. Keep up the good work Best Western in Frisco CO.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite, they allow small dogs in certain rooms
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Stayed the night of Dec 30th with a couple other couples and lots of kids. Everything was great and the recommendations by the desk rep, Chris Marks, was perfect and on the mark!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Alpine Inn
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge
Snowshoe Motel
Snowshoe Motel
#5 of 21 in Frisco

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Lake Dillon? Share your experiences!