“Good Mexican at good prices”

Carlos Miguel's Mexican Bar & Grill
Ranked #25 of 61 Restaurants in Frisco
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Food is good, service is great. Price is reasonable for nice surroundings (cloth napkins). Tableside guacomole is worth the price....fresh avocados prepared fresh for you while you watch. Nothing is "over spiced", which is what so many Mexican restaurants do. Our favorite Mexican restaurant in Summit County.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

My husband and I stop here every year when we travel to Frisco. We love Carlos Miguel's Mexican food. Everything is delicious, from their table side guacamole to their margaritas. I love the salsa and chips they bring to your table. Service is always good.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Frisco used to have a super Mexican Restaurant (El Rio). It closed and Carlos Miguel's is now the best in Frisco but the food just doesn't compare.

1  Thank samsherstad
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Stopped here for dinner. I was looking for Casa Real as I had read some good reviews about the place. I had left my information at home and ended up at Carlos - it was decent food. The place was very busy and could have used more wait staff.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Living in Vail for several years, I'd tried all of the mexican food restaurants from Vail to Gypsum trying to find one that was consistently good. Most of them are consistently poor...and given the number of hispanics in the valley, one would think there'd be several good ones. But, no.

Then, I discovered Carlos Miguel's in Frisco.FINALLY I've found my Tex-Mex restaurant. I will drive over Vail Pass to get my fix from now on.

For starters, Carlos Miguel's offers chips with a well made salsa (the first key to a good Tex-Mex restaurant) of tomato, cilantro, onion and spices. Fresh and tasty.If a mexican restaurant doesn't have a good salsa, then the rest of the food is probably going to be mediocre. Alongside comes an uninspiring bean dip, but it's rare that you get that offered with your chips anywhere. It was a nice combination to start.

The menu is loaded with so many tasty looking offerings, but I narrowed it down to the Pollo Burracho (drunken chicken) -- a chicken breast stuffed with peppers, onions and mushrooms and bathed in a habenero cheese sauce that put a kick-start into my day. Very tasty.

There was a fine selection of beers, including my favorite (Dos Equis lager) and tequilas.
It was too early for me to try the many inviting margaritas, but I did sample the sweet n sour mix (as important to the marg as salsa to the meal). It was an industrial mix that wasn't up to the standards of the food, but that's for another review.

I'm here to talk about the most important thing -- good, reliable Tex-Mex -- and Carlos Miguel's will be my regular stop on trips to Denver or Summit County.