“A warm place with authentic Italian for the whole familia”
Review of Tuscato Ristorante Italiano - CLOSED

Tuscato Ristorante Italiano
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 4th
Transit: While in Summit County, take the free Summit Stage to 6th and Main in Frisco for worry-free transportation to your next Tuscato meal.
Description: Centrally located on Frisco's historic Main Street, Tuscato has been a locals' favorite for fine Italian cuisine in a warm & casual setting since 1989. Come and enjoy classic Italian comfort food based on old family recipes, or try one of our nightly dinner specials featuring fresh fish, seasonal produce and handcrafted sauces. Our extensive wine list is designed to enhance your dining experience at an affordable price point. Voted Best Italian Restaurant in Summit County 4 out of the last 5 years according to a readers' poll in the Summit Daily News.
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Rachel our server was great. She's been there for a few years, like many of the other staff, so she knows what to recommend on the menu. She had our table waiting and ready to go when we arrived. The menu has a good variety to choose from, not just pizza and spaghetti. The wine pairing is a nice touch, although the many beers on tap are also tempting. We like to sit downstairs for the ambiance by the street. I like the authentic desserts and cafe.

A tip for late eaters, the place has lots of tables and quick service after 8pm.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We have always spent a lot of time in Summit County and recently became part timers. I rarely write reviews of anything (it either has to be particularly good or horribly bad) but because I always rave about this place to family and friends, I thought I'd share it with anyone else who loves great Italian food. Tuscato is one of those rare places that gives you the WHOLE experience: friendly, knowledgeable staff, great wine selection, good location, warm ambiance, and some of the most delicious meals I've ever experienced. They have a chicken mudega that almost makes me weep with delight...it IS that good! They bring you out an amazing bruschetta almost as soon as you sit down. Their house salad is one of the best I've ever had and beautifully dressed. As many times and as many people as we've taken there (probably 2 dozen over the last 2 or 3 years) I have only had one dish that did not live up to my expectations. Also not a huge fan of their tiramisu, but on the whole, one of the best places I've ever experienced!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I had read some negative reviews lately about Toscatos however based on our previous experiences our party of 10 went back last Friday evening. The place was crowded but out table was set and ready for us when we showed up.
Nick was our waiter and he was polite and efficient. Service was excellent and just to show his confidence in his service he DID NOT add in the automatic 20% and said tip for what you thought I was worth. He got more than 20%
Now the food-salads were served cold and the presentation was very nice. No hurry but the main course came out right on time. So forget about all the negatives you read. All is well at Toscatos

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Right on the main street. Wonderful location, great Italian food, not just pizza and pasta. Upper-middle price range for Frisco, but worth it.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We liked this restaurant so much we returned two nights in a row while staying in Frisco recently.
First night we enjoyed the cheese ravioli (really good homemade type pasta and stuffing), the house salad (really good house dressing Garlic Parmesan) and the mussels (listed as an appetizer, but there were probably 4-5 dozen mussels; actually couldn't finish it although it was quite good).
Stellar bread served; nice tapenade given gratis.
You can even find an affordable bottle of wine...it doesn't get better than that with the lovely bread.
The ambiance and the service are equally wonderful.
Second night - again pretty nice although not perfect. My partner's pasta was served 'tepid' and while this was dealt with promptly, the result was hot but tough pasta instead. Sort of wished they would have waived the cost, but this was not to be.

1  Thank edukate50