“Perfect Breakfast! ”

Ranked #1 of 66 Restaurants in Frisco
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: The Butterhorn Bakery & Cafe has been in business for about 40 years. It is the local's and tourist's favorite spot for breakfast and lunch. Every recipe is handcrafted from scratch in our kitchen and we bake everything fresh daily in our bakery. We also offer cappuccino, vanilla skinny lattes, homemade bloody marys and bubbly mimosas! We have been VOTED #1 by Trip advisor, Yelp and Urbanspoon for 4 years in a row, due to our friendly service, efficient kitchen, reasonable prices and most importantly, great food! We offer both full table service and quick counter service for those in a hurry. Our goal is to bring you the best breakfast and lunch experience around. Come check us out today, you won't be disappointed!
Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

This satisfied all of our breakfast choices. Seemed busy when we walked in but we were seated immediately. We were greeted by our waitress, took our order and breakfast was delivered in a timely manner. Coffee was very good. I had Lox and Bagels and the portion was very generous. Home made bagels were a plus. Kids choices were plenty and breakfast choices were hard to choose from. Staff was very nice. Highly recommend this place when you are passing thru or staying in the area. Oh and they have the cutest salt and pepper collections on the tables and then a handful of choices to buy if your into that kind of thing.

Date of visit: July 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (1,126)

Reviewed July 7, 2017

This was, hands down, the worst restaurant I've been to in years. The breakfast was stone cold, took forever, service was horrible, and the costs were ridiculous. My daughter and I spent over $33 for breakfast, not including tip (10% for poor service.) We felt ripped off. I would never, ever eat there again. We overheard someone else walking down the street with the same review. Blech! Yuck! Never again! (How can they even be in business?)

2  Thank Debra D
Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

I'll admit. I'm a total chicken salad snob. This my friends was amazing. The croissant was fluffy and the kettle chips were the perfect companion. It was busy when we were there and I was a little sketchy if they could accommodate a one year old and a four year old, but Jess our server was amazing. She was patient, kind and didn't do the "eye roll" (if you have kids, you know the look) when she saw a family was seated in her section. Excellent food and experience!

Reviewed July 6, 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch during the week and ate outside. Service was pretty good although it took too long to get a menu. Not sure why the person who seated us did not leave menus at that time. We had high expectations after reading other reviews. Our group ordered the spinach salad, Caesar salad wrap and a Philly cheesesteak sandwich. The beef and chicken in all three was over cooked and dry. This pretty much spoils the whole meal. The cheesesteak needed more cheese. The best part of the meal was the potato salad, the apple filled croissant and the coconut square. This place might be a better bakery than cafe.

Reviewed July 4, 2017

Our breakfast was perfect! This is the place to go for breakfast in Frisco. I loved that I could get a side order of guacamole with my scrambled eggs. Nice! Next time we are in Frisco, we will definitely eat breakfast here. Great menu, great service, great food.

Date of visit: June 2017

Been to Butterhorn Bakery and Cafe? Share your experiences!