“Great Place to have breakfast and lunch. If you don't have the Sulfates allergies.”

Butterhorn Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #1 of 60 Restaurants in Frisco
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: The Butterhorn Bakery & Cafe has been in business for about 40 years. It is the local's and tourist's favorite spot for breakfast and lunch. Every recipe is handcrafted from scratch in our kitchen and we bake everything fresh daily in our bakery. We also offer cappuccino, vanilla skinny lattes, homemade bloody marys and bubbly mimosas! We have been VOTED #1 by Trip advisor, Yelp and Urbanspoon for 4 years in a row, due to our friendly service, efficient kitchen, reasonable prices and most importantly, great food! We offer both full table service and quick counter service for those in a hurry. Our goal is to bring you the best breakfast and lunch experience around. Come check us out today, you won't be disappointed!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Everything good said about this place is true. It is a great place with the great and creative chefs.
Food is prepared in a way you want to eat more then you should. And a lot of people do. One small problem. The menu said -- let us know about your allergies. I have a big time allergies for Sulfates -- rush etc. And I love freshly baked stuff ( I know it is not good but I love all the same). So I'm always on the lookout for a bakery that bakes what they have from scratch -- NO Sulfates. So I asked the guy at the bakery - do U use prepared or sulfated dough? The answer was:" What are Sulfates?" I new I was in the right place. But I was not. A few hours later I had a severe reaction.
So, go and enjoy this place nif you have NO allergy for Sulfates ( the place is really good), but stay away if you do.

Denver, Colorado
“Great mtn. town cafe”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I went for a drive in the mountains to see the fall colors, and decided to stop (for a 2nd time) at a little bakery cafe in Frisco called Butterhorn Bakery. We both had 1/2 sandwich + soup combo for lunch and our rueben sandwiches and black bean soup was excellent. Cute cafe, friendly service, clean, reasonable pricing.

Sun City West, Arizona
“Wow!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We met friends here for breakfast and since they live in the area, we knew they would recommend a great place. I had the spinach and mushroom frittatta made with Eggbeaters and it was absolutely fantastic - more than I could eat. My husband got a traditional breakfast and he also enjoyed it very much. Even though it was Saturday morning, the waitress was very attentive and kept our coffee mugs full and allowed us to visit. We will definitely come back to this place.

Colorado
“Top notch”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

The only thing wrong with this bakery is that it's 150 miles from where I live! We sampled the cookies, brownies, and pastries and all were excellent.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank GJJIM
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“A true gem”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

On a whim we stopped in Frisco for a late lunch. We had really good food in a comfortable casual environment. Even though we came in right at closing time, the staff was friendly, engaged in our visit and helped us order sandwiches that were exactly what we wanted. My husband enjoyed an excellent Ruben, but I won the prize with the Ten-MIle Turkey -- the sandwich was so big I only ate 1/4 of it so that I could eat delicious dessert from the pastry case.

Better than the meal though, was the just-right friendliness and conversation with our server (I'm so sorry I've forgotten his name) and the owner, Cindy.

We felt like eating there was an experience that we're so glad we didn't miss. We'll be back even though Frisco is a two hour drive from our house. A real treat!