“Great day on a very scenic river!”
Review of Paddle Colorado

Paddle Colorado
Ranked #3 of 8 Tours in Frisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the breathtaking beauty of the Upper Colorado River on a full-day (complete with riverside lunch) or half-day trip offered daily mid May thru mid September. Your exciting trip is perfect for first-timers, families and groups of all sizes. Your seasoned guide will lead your adventure through two majestic canyons, experiencing class II and class III rapids, immersing you in the history and the waters of this important river.
Reviewed August 17, 2017

We had a wonderful time. Our guide Scott was very knowable about the river and points of interest along the way. We were picked up in Frisco and driven to the river which is very convenient and the driver Bill also kept us interested in points along the way.
They provided lunch of a selection of sandwich meats, cheese and toppings, potato salad, chips, cookie and water. Scotts sidekick Eddie the dog came along too and a fun companion. ( He does ask you first if it's ok for Eddie to come along)
One of the most interesting sights was the dinosaur footprints.
I think this would be suitable for younger children as well.

1  Thank Nancy14612
"water guns"
in 4 reviews
"rafting company"
in 6 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"delicious lunch"
"beautiful scenery"
in 5 reviews
"other companies"

Reviewed August 14, 2017

The staff at Paddle Colorado was awesome. From all the histories on the way to the river from Bill and from our guide Scott and his dog Eddy. We took our 5 and 7 year old kids and they loved the trip. We did the one day trip and was the right program, from the rapids to the quiet times in the river and nature.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

We took our 4, 7, and 9 year old boys on their first rafting trip. Ours was a half-day in the morning, and it was perfect. The rapids were just the right size for our family and our kids loved it! Scott was a fantastic guide and really made it a fun trip. Also, being picked up in Frisco sure beat having to drive all the way down to the river myself like the other rafting companies require. I highly recommend the half-day experience for anybody looking to get their first experience with whitewater.

1  Thank Brant C
William K, Front Office Manager at Paddle Colorado, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

We here at Paddle Colorado Rafting certainly appreciate your kind review of the rafting trip you and your family took with us recently. The Upper Colorado River offers beauty, wonderfully fun rapids and so much more! We are so happy you took the half day trip and enjoyed it! We look forward to seeing you for a full day in the near future.

Reviewed August 2, 2017

The staff at Paddle Colorado make you feel extremely safe and comfortable. I really appreciated all of the supplemental knowledge our guide Scott knew about the area. He also stopped off at some really cool historical sites we would have never known about! This is a trip for family and friends alike. Thanks Bill, Scott, and Eddie for the great trip!!

William K, Front Office Manager at Paddle Colorado, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2017

We are so pleased you enjoyed your day on the beautiful Upper Colorado with Paddle Colorado!!! The time you took to write such positive comments is more than appreciated and provides the encouragement that keeps our company loving what we do everyday!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 2, 2017

When I talked to April on the phone to question if my 5 year old was big enough to go, I got a wonderful feeling about this company. I was able to talk to a real person who was so friendly! I called other companies but this one I kept coming back to and I am so glad I did! It was the best rafting trip I could have imagined! We were greeted by Bill and he introduced us to his new driver Kirsten. She was wonderful! She answered our questions on the way to Pumphouse and joked around with the kids. Scott and Micah were amazing guides. They kept the kids attention and had fun with them, even answered the bagillion questions they had. I loved the fact that we were able to stop and see sites along the way and other companies with rafts plum full passed right by! WE loved learning the history from both guides and loved getting to sit in the hot springs and jump from Jump Rock. Eddie the river dog was an extra plus on the ride as my boys (age 10 and 5) loved petting him and watching him raft the rapids. We loved the surprise water guns to attack the other boats with. The whole trip was full of laughs and smiles (especially after the boys made the imfamous 30 ft jump off jump rock. They both wanted to go rafting everyday. We will for sure be booking another trip with Paddle Colorado the next time we come to Colorado! The entire experience was awesome!

1  Thank asarlt01

Thank you for your positive comments about our company, Paddle Colorado! We're glad you had the time during your precious vacation moments to raft this beautiful part of the Upper Colorado, and because you chose us to provide this experience we allow you to take YOUR time here to relax, learn and just enjoy the beauty, the history of this beautiful river! We love what we do and we're so glad you noticed, from office staff to your driver, to your river guides! Thank you so much!!!!

Been to Paddle Colorado? Share your experiences!