WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Snowshoe Motel

Snowshoe Motel
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Frisco
Oceanport, New Jersey
“Average, but Very Convenient”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I booked into the SnowShoe Motel due to it's location in Frisco, which is on the bus route that serves Breckenridge and Copper Mountain. Unfortunately, my 1st floor room was kind of under the stairwell, so I didn't get much natural light, or get to watch it snow outside. On the other hand, it was clean and comfortable, and the bus to Copper picks up right in front (Huge plus for me). The hot tub is in a spare motel room, which is pretty weird. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and anything that you want do in town is no farther than a three minute walk, which is great. I would stay here again, but I think that I would ask for a second floor room next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank gsnowski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

After five years of staying at Snowshoe, I have to admit the front desk guy was so rude he made me want to go somewhere else the next time we ski in Summit County. Any clerk should be helpful, this is the hospitality industry.

I brought a box of nice chocolates for the two front desk staff as a thank you to them. The senior front desk clerk told me he is on a diet and wouldn't eat it and I said to save it for the girl clerk. He put it away somewhere and when I asked later, he yelled at me for asking about it. I don't know if the girl clerk ever got any of the chocolate.

I also wondered why our bill was considerably higher than the same time last year and I checked online in my room, with the website price about $30 less per night than what the front desk guy charged us. On our last day, I asked about the cost he quoted vs their website price. The front desk clerk was so rude and loud, I was embarrassed. Other quests eating in the breakfast room could hear every word. It was not possible to have a reasonable discussion about the rates, the guy was just yelling. This is simply not a way to interact with guests.

Room Tip: Ask which rooms are recently redone.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Cynthia K

Travelers are raving about these Frisco hotels

Bedford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

We spent over two weeks here last month, we're fairly serious skiers I suppose - we don't care about luxury in terms of ski lodging, just want convenient and fairly basic but clean.

Location wise, you cannot complain; quite close to Denver(traffic dependent it can be around an hour or waaaaay longer), perfectly central in Summit County for pretty much everywhere from Beaver Creek(35 mins) to A-Basin(15 mins). Bus stops are right outside if you need them. It's right on Main St in Frisco too, so all the bars and restaurants you need are walkable, which is nice.

The negatives for us were the overall condition of our room - it is desperately needing renovation(the bathroom especially). We had a room(one of two I believe) with a 'kitchenette' - this took the form of an ancient hob and sink right next to the bed. Unsurprisingly we didn't cook. A microwave and coffee machine sit precariously on the work surface next to the sink. Space wise the room was fine; we had a kingsize bed(high static from the hilariously plastic quilt) and a sitting area for eating. Staff were not overly friendly or helpful.

All in all, it wasn't so bad. I'd prefer to stay elsewhere next time but the location is so good that it has to be considered.

Room Tip: Don't spend extra on the kitchenette. It's not worth any extra.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hjworton
Provo, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Clean rooms, good room service, decent breakfast, just 20minutes ride from five ski resorts. Bus stop for Copper mountains resort and Breckenridge is right by front door. I stayed with my dog, i was glad that hotel is pet friendly. Enjoyed my stay. And whirpool is a kicker...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Danda007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

During our recent ski trip to Copper Mt. Ski resort, we stayed for 3 nights at the Snowshoe Motel. If you don't mind older facilities and the noise on main street at night, it's a decent place to lay your head. It's clean, the beds are comfortable, and the staff is very friendly and kind. To drown out the noise of the street, we turned on the fan in the window at night, which worked very well as a white noise generator. The location is terrific for skiing and walking to nice restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed at the Snowshoe for 3 nights to get in some winter activites in Feb. It is an older building but for the most part everything is in good repair. Check in was easy and the room was your standard fare of two beds, a mini fridge, mircowave, coffee maker, and tv with the usual motel cable line up. The wifi worked great and was easy to use. The thermostat was responsive. The shower was instanteously hot and had firehose pressure - awesome! It is right on Main St in old town Frisco - so plenty of walking range dining options, but you are not far by car to chain restaurants . The price was definately a positive when staying in the Frisco, Dillion, Breckenridge area! With all these positives why only 3 stars? The comfort of the beds and pillows, which for me, were both uncomfortable all 3 nights. I never could get comfortable -I'd flip and flop, I tried wadding up blankets and put in some contour and the pillows were just flat and hard. The breakfast is a carb heavy afare that'll get you going but it's just enough. Overall, I might stay here again, but I might spend more for a more comfy bed.

Room Tip: I had a room facing Main Street and you can hear the buses that stop outside at the stop frequently...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank funtobeme
Alma, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We knew this was an older hotel but too a chance based on price and some other recent reviews. Check in clerk was very friendly. Room was as clean for the most part. We had two rooms...one for us and one for our son and his family. After a fun day in the area our son called the desk at 9:30 pm to see how late the hot tub was open. He was told "10 p.m but I want to get off early so I'm closing it now". The next morning when I grab a towel out of the shower, it had a hole the size of a baseball! The room was 78 degrees all night and thermostat did not work. Then our son called to say their shower did not work. It would go from frigid to scalding in a nano second! They came to our room to shower.
You get what you pay for. It's in a great location. As long as you don't expect Marriott accommodations you'll be okay. Actually I've stayed at Motel 6's much nicer than this but if you are looking to save money to spend on the slopes instead this is your place.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Alpine Inn
Ramada Frisco
Ramada Frisco
#4 of 21 in Frisco
BEST WESTERN Ptarmigan Lodge

Been to Snowshoe Motel? Share your experiences!