“A must stay for Summit county.”
Review of Frisco Lodge

Frisco Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Frisco B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hunley99
“A must stay for Summit county.”
Reviewed January 26, 2009

What a wonderful place that has maintained the rustic, historic feel with all the comforts that you might require. The breakfasts are fantastic and removes the need for lunch. The afternoon "soup & hot cider" break tides you over until you need a late dinner. The main lodge common areas are spacious yet cozy at the same time.

And if you are a dog lover, Cody, the Sheltie may come pay you a visit.

A must stay while visiting Summit county. Location to multiple ski resorts is a huge plus. It feels like a home away from home.

• Stayed January 2009
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed January 20, 2009

We absolutely loved this place! As a Colorado resident, I am always on the lookout for great mountain getaways and have found one in the Frisco Lodge. On a recent weekend adventure, we thoroughly enjoyed a couple nights over a busy holiday weekend. My first impression of the lodge was one of complete satisfaction and it only got better. From the moment we arrived, we were treated with such friendliness and wanted for nothing during our three days.

The hospitality was excellent and the food incredible. Bill and Susan, as well as the accompanying staff, run a well-manicured operation. Couldn't wait for homemade soup after a long day on the slopes and we were delighted about the fluffy Belgium waffles as part of our morning. For those looking for the quintessential place to call home for a few days in true Colorado form, this is the place. The weekend brought a variety of travelers and all of the families, couples, singles, friends both older and younger that we chatted with were equally as enthused.

I very much look forward to a return visit, finding the location and friendly, well-kept accommodations a real treat. After speaking with friends, we have found they too have enjoyed stays at the quaint lodge. Just wish we had heard about it sooner. So glad we stayed here, this one's a keeper!

• Liked — the location, staff, rooms, food, and the great outdoor hot tub
  • Disliked — Having to leave!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2009

We live in Denver and wanted to do some skiing without driving back to town. We came across this BnB and are glad we did. The place is awesome, the location is excellent, and the service is outstanding. We showed up after a day of shredding some major powder in the mountains and was pleasantly surprised that upon checking in we were in during the 2-6 hot soup, cheese, and crackers spread. Nothing like coming in off the slopes and relaxing to some hot chicken soup. The hot apple cider was unbelievable. If you plan on doing some runs in Colorado - this is the place for you. I can't say enough. You won't be disappointed.

Stayed January 2009
Boulder
Reviewed January 12, 2009

I've always believed that the true measure of a hospitality experience comes when things go badly. I rate a hotel operation based on how they handle the inevitable calamity. Our stay at the Frisco Lodge is a perfect example.

We arrived on a very cold Friday evening in January. We had paid in advance for our weekend stay. The atmosphere seemed very nice and cozy. We enjoyed a great meal next door and returned at 10:00 or so for the night. Our room was clean and lovely. At 2:00 am, I awoke to find our room unbearably cold. I got up to check the thermostat only to discover that the heating system was shut down and the thermometer was pinned to its lowest point. I searched for extra blankets. There were none. I tried calling the front desk. There was no answer. I dressed myself and returned to bed. By 6:00 am, we simply couldn’t get warm. I called again. The response was one of complete surprise. It was as if we were the first to bring the problem to their attention.

We descended to the dining room only to discover that our experience had been shared by several of our fellow guests. The owner offered only that "these things happen, just like at your house." He refused to extend an adjustment to the room rate and extended nothing in the way of consolation or compensation. We were offered no apology, no concession, just a promise that the room would be comfortable soon.

Having worked for years in the hospitality industry, I was astounded. In the various hotels within which I've worked, this was a natural for a refund or a complimentary future stay. We would have been giving away anything to bring our guests back to some level of satisfaction.

Things must be very good in Frisco Colorado! It would appear that they certainly don't need our return business or recommendation.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Service
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank fpr2
bruce_knoepfel, Owner at Frisco Lodge, responded to this review, May 24, 2010
We did have a problem with the heat that morning. We were under the impression we had resolved this issue to your satisfaction. I am sorry if this is not the case. We refunded the full amount of your stay and offered you a free weekend at a future date as a gesture for your discomfort. Our Lodge has been in our family for almost 50 years and we hope that all of our guests are 100% satisfied and am deeply sorry that this breakdown occurred.
Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 12, 2008

From our late night arrival throughout our extended stay we were spoiled with the care one would expect from dear friends. Bruce and Susan (and their sweet pup, Cody) made our stay at Frisco Lodge one of the most memorable times we've had away from home.

We highly recommend the Frisco Lodge to any travelers looking for rejuvenation and true relaxation.

• Liked — The atmosphere and the staff! :)
  • Disliked — How short our stay was.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mighty-Flighty
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 3, 2008

We stayed here during an snowstorm that closed the highway. I called on my cell phone from the highway, and they had only two rooms left. I am very grateful that they didn't give away my room before I got there. I know people were offering to pay double the normal rate. They were true to their word.

The room was tiny but quite elegantly decorated and very clean! It had a lovely Victorian paint job and wallpaper, nice fixtures, nice bed frame, etc. That's why I don't understand why they didn't spend the $50 it would take to make the room "normal." All it needed was a rack to hang clothes on, a shelf in the bathroom and a ledge in the shower. The floor was covered with our things because there was no place to set them or hang them. It could have used a more sturdy table for the TV. The wooden TV-tray where they put the TV was wobbly and lopsided, making me nervous to touch it. It surprised me - those things are all cheap enough at Target.

The common areas were cute and the food looked good (don't bother if you're gluten-free, though). It was conveniently located. At times it was a little hard to find a staff person to help, but they were exceptionally busy that day due to the influx of travelers. I probably would look around before staying there again, but I'd be fine with staying there again if I had to.

• Liked — Very cute, loved how it looked
  • Disliked — No shelves or closet space
  • Stayed November 2008
bruce_knoepfel, Owner at Frisco Lodge, responded to this review, May 24, 2010
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback. That evening we were quite busy as several thousand people were stranded in the area due to the closed roads. We did our best to meet everyone's needs and am sorry that we were unable to give you the personal attention that we strive for. This is not our norm.
Wellington
Reviewed November 25, 2008

Great place, both mine and my girlfriend's favorite place in the US.
Great lodge! Incredibly friendly staff, like a home away from home. Great breakfast! Great afternoon tea, The cookies and lemonade were fantastic. Well priced! Very quiet and comfortable!
Would recommend to others!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Hotel Frisco
Ramada Frisco
Ramada Frisco
#4 of 21 in Frisco
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge

Been to Frisco Lodge? Share your experiences!