“Charming, lovely, & welcoming! Great mountain getaway!”
Review of Frisco Lodge

Frisco Lodge
Ranked #2 of 2 Frisco B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Charming, lovely, & welcoming! Great mountain getaway!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My mother and I needed last minute accomodations for a night in the mountains. Not wanting a standard hotel room, we searched online and found Frisco Lodge....talk about a lil piece of heaven!!! The lodge dates back to 1885.... knowing it was an older building, I had hestiations that our room would be dated and dingy, but this was NOT the case. It was absolutely charming, cozy, clean, and just perfect. Some of our favorite things: we were greeted at the door like family... the staff are so polite, welcoming, and proud of the lodge.... we stayed in the North Lodge which was excellent! Our room was extremely clean with Victorian flair and thoughtful details (iron bed frames, colorful high quality sheets, beautiful comforters). It was useful having a small fridge, microwave, and coffee maker...... Complementary wine, cheese, and homemade soup every evening in a darling sitting room........ Delicious homemade breakfast with cappuccino... great location on Main Street to venture out to walk around the shops...... walk over to 5th Ave Grille for a fabulous happy hour and delicious food!

Frisco Lodge absolutely exceeded our expectations and made our weekend even better!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We recently stayed at the lodge. My spouse and I stayed in one room, and our two daughters stayed in a separate room. I have nothing but positive things to report. The rooms were very clean and attractively decorated. The beds were quite comfortable, it was easy to regulate the room temperature, and there was plenty of hot water in the bathroom. The complimentary gourmet breakfast was fabulous each day, and we enjoyed the outdoor hot tub (very clean and just the right temperature). The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a couple of minor bathroom-related issues, and the staff was very quick to respond and fix the problems. We came to Frisco to ski at the nearby resorts. It is a nice central location for all of the ski resorts (Vail, Breck, Keystone, Arapahoe, Beaver Creek, Copper). The next time we come to ski, we'll definitely stay at the Frisco Lodge again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Beulah, CO
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at the Frisco Lodge twice in the last year. They describe themselves as a B&B. The rooms have that feel, as it is a small, 19th century structure, nicely decorated, but it really feels more like an old fashioned small ski lodge, despite being in the center of town. There is a great "wine and cheese" reception in the afternoon which really could substitute for dinner if there weren't plenty of great places to eat in the area. In addition, the atmosphere encourages cordial conversations among the guests. The breakfast was the same way, all of us talking to each other about the days plans for skiing. Everything is very casual, and the staff are outgoing and helpful. Many of the guests have been coming for years.

We found the Frisco Lodge on Main Street to be a good value and a fun place to use as a base. It couldn't be described as luxurious, but it's awfully nice.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This unique property sitting on Main St. in Frisco was a very good base for a ski vacation. One has the option of 3+ different mountains all within about 20 minutes. While listed as a B&B on their site, it is more akin to a lodge rather than a true bed & breakfast. That is not to take away from the above average breakfast bar with the fun waffle maker! I came across at least 4-5 different staff members, one which seemed very busy, perhaps pre-occupied with their new acquisition of the Frisco Inn @ Galena which did detract slightly from the service level, but main takeaway is the majority of the staff were attentive, caring and helpful. Extra special thanks to young lady with the long locks who was extremely hospitable and made me feel comfortable.

Venue is divided into main lodge with a more homey feel and the more private back lodge which has a high-end motel feel. I was in the latter, and a restful nights sleep was achieved the duration of my stay. While sometime you hear of places with thin walls, I would venture to guess they have thick walls, as what seemed to be during a high/full occupancy period, I was only able to hear very muffled quiet sounds.

I would not come here for romantic weekend due to the rustic level and lack of romanticism, but would certainly come here with the lady for a more "adventurous" weekend, consisting of skiing, biking, hiking, etc. In other words, you do not go to Frisco to stay at the Frisco Lodge, but rather to enjoy the wonders of Summit County, and Frisco Lodge fits the bill as a perfect home base!

The ski bus stop is a few blocks away, not bad, but would be more convenient if it were closer for those walking with ski boots...No complaints there, the bus is free and runs frequently enough.

Overall, a nice stay with good value, when considering I've stayed across the street at the Frisco Hotel a few times and have a point of reference for relativity.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Broomfield, Colorado, United States
Reviewed December 20, 2012

First time in a bed and breakfast. Turned out great. I was travelling alone and everyone made me feel at home. Loved the 1885 feel. Will definitely be going back and hope to add more wonderful photos to my collection. Rooms and sitting area were so charming that I spent one of my days inside at the lodge just relaxing. Awesome!!!

Room Tip: Staying in the main lodge was my best choice because of the coziness.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Frisco, Colorado, United States
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have traveled all over Colorado in the ten years I have lived in this beautiful state and I must say the time I spent at the Frisco Lodge was among the most memorable. The atmosphere there is very cozy and pleasurable. Their staff is personable without being pushy. The setting in the "Den" area is very quaint and warm. The place is very clean while portraying the essence of a warm Mountain Inn. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to experience a Colorado Mountain Inn.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Katy, Texas
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Host nice, breakfast good, but we didn't quite realize the North Lodge isn't connected. Made it feel more Motelish, outside door, steep stairs to 2nd floor. Room was tight and dated. It's on the main road, which made walking after dinner a treat. Quaint town with lovely architecture and great shops.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Hotel Frisco
Summit Inn
Summit Inn
#1 of 21 in Frisco
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge

Been to Frisco Lodge? Share your experiences!