“Relaxing Stay With Excellent Views”
Review of Frisco Lodge

Frisco Lodge
Ranked #2 of 2 Frisco B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Relaxing Stay With Excellent Views”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

My husband and I stay at the Frisco Lodge during our cross country trip. We stayed in the cottage for one night with our dog. It was the most relaxing part of our entire vacation. It was nice to order dinner in and relax by the indoor fire and watch a movie. During our stay it snowed and gave the cottage an even more of a homey feel. The views of the mountains from the yard of the cottage is outstanding and it was nice that it was fenced in so that we were able to let our dog outside. The morning breakfast was outstanding and all of the staff was extremely nice we supposed to get in after happy hour and saved us some wine until we arrived. It was truly a home away from home stay. We felt extremely welcomed. I would definitely stay again at the lodge and recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Yonkers88

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Boulder
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We've stayed at the Frisco Lodge many times over the years. It's the first place we consider when traveling to Summit County. We have never been disappointed with the service, the amenities, the hospitality, the ambiance or the comfort of the lodge. Breakfast items are plentiful and varied. Afternoon wine and cheese are a bonus. The value is ideal.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main lodge are quaint. Rooms in the "back" building are larger size.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I visit Frisco, Colorado three times a year and always stay at the Frisco Lodge. Although most people come to Frisco, Colorado during the ski season I prefer the late spring, summer and early fall seasons. The attention that we receive at the Frisco Lodge has always been outstanding. The incredible breakfasts served by Shawn are incomparable and include special egg dishes, home cooked muffins, fresh Belgian waffles, and fresh fruit. Shawn also manages the happy hour where they serve hot appetizers, wine, cheese, and special homemade pickels. I highly recommend people visiting the Breckenridge, Copper Mountain ski areas to consider staying at the Frisco Lodge.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Brad S
DC
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Another great time at the Frisco Lodge. I stayed there April 4-10, skiing 4 mountains in 6 days. Though Mother Nature was not so kind this year for snowfall, enjoyed myself everyday on the slopes, skiing under sunny days and mild temperatures. My stay at the Frisco Lodge, was as usual, fantastic (I stay there at least 3 times a year for a total of 15 plus days). The staff is always so helpful and this time they out did themselves with individually made breakfasts in the morning - from Eggs Benadict to wonderful fruit crepes. As one who an early-bord in the morning, I always look forward to their cherry "Good Morning". The afternoon treats were also over the top, with even shrimp one day. I met several other skiiers who I have met throught the years, and that also added to the fun. Coming back in May to do A-Basin! Picture of a breakfast. Bob Lutz - Washington DC

Room Tip: Stay in the Main Lodge for the complete B and B experience. It is like staying wiht family.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Bobby L
Pennsville
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I've been staying at the Frisco lodge for a number of years as a return guest once or twice a ski season if I'm lucky enough t get two trips a season. I am never disappointed with the amenities and the hospitality from the breakfast that if you leave hungry you were in to much of a hurry, to the afternoon soup wine cheese and whatever from Shawns' soon to be famous spicy pickles to baked brie and of course Bruces' lattes . Whether it's morning or afternoon meeting and comparing snow stories with the other guests is a good time and always seems to have an international flavor. I'm still surprised by the number of foreign guests. Then there is just being in Summit County Co. The lodge is a great quiet clean comfortable place within walking distance to allot of food or shoppes close enough in good or winter weather. I know I'll be returning every time I possibly can. Simply the BEST !!!!!!

Room Tip: view he rooms on their website
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Westfield, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Every so often life serves up a pleasant surprise. Perhaps someone gives you a nice compliment or you receive an unexpected gift. Maybe it was just that the level of service received was far greater than anticipated. One such surprise is the Frisco Lodge.

This 1885 vintage bed & breakfast is known for it ambiance, delicious meals and reasonable prices but, most of all, it is the gracious and accommodating staff. The owners, Bruce and Susan, and the entire staff to include Tonya, Shawn, Elle, Louis & Alex go out of their way to insure that your stay will be both enjoyable and memorable. The atmosphere they create is one that makes you feel as if you are part of their extended family. For example, when I return to the Frisco Lodge Shawn is there to greet me at the door. She knows my favorite flavors of cappuccino and has my favorite breakfast waiting for me when I come down the stairs in the morning.

One evening, as I left the Frisco Lodge to visit some friends, I stated to Tonya, "I'll be home late tonight." That's when I realized what a special place this is -- it's family, its like home and it's where I want to be when visiting Summit County.

I'll be back soon.

Richard

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Dick P
St. Paul
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I stayed in one of the rooms with shared bath and it was excellent - clean, quiet and nice amenities. Bruce is a phenomenal host and the breakfast was outstanding. Will certainly stay there again while visiting Summit Co.

Room Tip: If it's busy you might want private bath
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business