“Christmas in the mountains”
Review of Two Below Zero

Two Below Zero
Ranked #5 of 9 Tours in Frisco
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Over the Christmas holiday in Breckenridge, my family took a sleigh ride with Two Below Zero to celebrate my husband's birthday.The staff were very accomodating and honored every request we made. All staff, from the drivers to the servers, were friendly and professional. The entertainer was great, creating a memory for us to laugh and remember for many years to come. It was a most enjoyable experience.

There are newer reviews for Two Below Zero

Reviewed December 26, 2013

When on a ski trip this past week my friends said lets go on a sleigh ride. I thought sure why not..... When we arrive at the "Frisco Peninsula" (they should have said parking lot next to highway) I noticed they had black donkeys pulling the sleighs. What happened to the horses that you see pictures of all over every advertisement in town? When we finally got on the sleigh it was crowded and uncomfortable. They driver told me they were mules not donkeys, but whats the difference, Not what I was expecting. I had hoped the sleigh would have traveled to someplace quiet and romantic but it didn't. My wife told me she was not impressed because you could hear the cars passing the whole time. And our kids were board the entire time. And to top it off the food was cold and not cooked well. I would not recommend this place to anybody. Go someplace else. There is no way that any of the other sleigh ride places in the area could do a worse job!

1  Thank Jason A
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Even though I had lived in the north for 20 years, I had never been on a private sleigh ride. Two Below Zero far exceeded my expectations for this bucket list item. Heather, the horse owner, and sleigh driver, was awesome!! Heather invited my husband and me to arrive early to see King, a huge draft horse, get harnessed. I believe King is a Percheron. Then, we went on a sleigh ride in a beautiful red Currier and Ives style sleigh. There was just my husband, me, the driver (Heather), and the big beautiful horse, King. Heather had a heavy blanket for us to put over our legs on the sleigh to keep us warm. Heather had prepared hot cocoa with peppermint Schnapps for us. It was delicious, and much appreciated at the half way point. This was one of the most wonderful experiences of my life, and I've had a lot of adventures. Thanks Heather, and thanks Two Below Zero!

1  Thank J E
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I am not a romantic person but I have a confession to make--I love sleigh rides because they are very romantic. It is something about being pulled through the snow in a quiet and timeless manner that makes me go all gooey. So with that in mind I completely expected to love Two Below Zero's sleigh ride.

However, when we arrived at the Frisco Peninsula we could see and hear traffic (which, for the record, is not very romantic). And when the brown wooden sleighs pulled up they were being pulled by mules instead of horses. Nothing against mules, but again, they aren't very romantic looking with their long ears.

When we got into the sleigh I was also a little disappointed to sit sideways--the sleighs are designed so that the only person that looks ahead is the driver. We ended up looking at people from Florida as we moved through the forest on our way to a large, and I mean huge, tent where dinner was served.

The food was delicious, steak and chicken on the same plate, and then the entertainment started. There was a small stage in the middle of the tent where a singing cowboy very predictably asked where everyone was from, made small jokes, sang, and shared his life story. It all seemed very pat and dry--like watching a movie you have seen before which wasn't that good the first time around. Then we all piled back into the sleighs and went back to our cars.

The experience felt, well, almost corporate instead of, well, romantic.

2  Thank Lucy F
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We went in July and loved the experience. Our 11 year old and 6 year old loved it. They were both watching the whole time. Before the show, the kids loved the roping and hula hoops that were set up. We will definitely do it again.

Been to Two Below Zero? Share your experiences!