“The taste of Louisiana”

The Lost Cajun
Ranked #3 of 64 Restaurants in Frisco
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Had lunch here today and was very impressed. First they brought a sample of six most popular dishes to the table. I've never seen that done anywhere else. It made it REALLY hard to decide because everything was so good. There were three of us and we all had something different but it was all good. Loved the music and the food. It felt like I was sitting in a little cabin in cajun country. The picnic tables outside was the perfect place to eat, today. A view of the snow covered mountain in the background sure didn't detract from the food either. Will return again if I'm ever out this way.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We learned about this restaurant from a "Steal the Deal" offering from the Summit Daily News. I doubt that we would have found this casual and quaint restaurant had it not been for the deal. Who would anticipate finding cajun food in Frisco, CO.

We have visited this place a few times since our initial visit. Each time we were warmly greeted by the waitress and chef and then offered a few samples. By having a taste, we could experiment without the risk of ordering a meal that we did not like.

Since I have never been to Louisiana, I cannot vouch for the foods authenticity. Nevertheless, I can say that the food is tasty and tends to be spicy. Many of the items are not offered at other Summit County restaurants. The beignets (doughnuts covered in powdered sugar) are a must even though they are a fried item that is not considered healthy.

Dining at this restaurant can be expensive if you order multiple items. Soups average from $4-8 for a cup or $8-12 for a bowl. A Po-Boy sandwich averages around $10 while entree average $10-20. An order of beignets runs $5 for 3.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is true Cajun food. The staff is outstanding. We eat here on a regular basis and thanks to awesome chefs the food is consistently great.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This is real, good Cajun food and atmosphere. The food & service is always great and hospitable. Prices are moderate. Plenty of samples from the menu are always offered. Abita beer, world-class, lobster bisque, beignets for dessert. Writing about Lost Cajun makes me hungry for their food.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Who would have thought we would have found such good Cajun food in the Mountains of Colorado? We have both been to Louisiana and had authentic Cajun food and I have to say the food was just as good if not better than some we have had there! The name "The Lost Cajun" is perfect!

I had the chicken and sausage gumbo and it was excellent. My partner had the crawfish etouffee and really liked it as well. We fished up with an order of beignets and they were a little messy, but wonderfully yummy. I would go back just for an order of those.

If you search your app store on your cell phone they have an app that will give you coupons!

Been to The Lost Cajun? Share your experiences!