“Nice Quiet Dinner”

Ranked #16 of 64 Restaurants in Frisco
Cuisines: Italian, International, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Italian restaurant in the heart of Frisco. Good hearty italian food with an great winelist. More upscale than a lot of the other restaurants in the little city. All a good visit. We had dinner for two on a Saturday night - pizza and pasta pared with a good wine.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

It's rare anymore to find a restaurant where you can converse in a normal voice so we very much enjoyed that aspect of our visit. Service was pleasant and helpful, but it was a little slow between salad and entree. Still. I'd rather have that than be rushed. Nice wine and beer selections and after a week of eating typical ski area bar food, I was delighted to have some interesting selections. I enjoyed the kale Caesar salad with crispy chick peas, my companions seemed to enjoy the arugula salad. As entrees we chose muscles (small but a generous portion, the broth was a bit too spicy for the delicate flavor of the muscles; chicken confit; and rabbit pasta. I didn't taste either of the two latter dishes but heard no complaints. As the female in the group, I suspect I liked it more than the guys but all in all, we thought it a good choice.

Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Birthday diner with family was amazing. Food and atmosphere was perfect for mountain town dining. Rustic yet sophisticated. Had braised rabbit with home made egg noodles. And duck nocchi arugula salad. Sounds heavy. But it wasn't. Highly recommend for semi fine dining. Oh...and the lemon chevert cheesecake ..to die for.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We had a very nice evening meal at Bagalis. The menu is varied with a selection for every one to enjoy. I had a light meal with a flatbread pizza and Prosecco. My husband had the Idaho trout and stated it was delicious. Our server was absolutely fantastic. He was attentive and able to discuss any meal item we asked about on the menu. The other staff members (hostess, bartender etc.) were very cheerful.

We will go back to Bagalis the next time we are on Frisco Co.

1  Thank REHTChicago
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I thought that this restaurant was "Italian" in its offerings but the menu had only a few typical choices that one would associate as Italian fare. My honey had the penne with bolognese with a meatball - he enjoyed it but I could have made the same at home. I had the chicken confit - tasty dark meat but not what I would associate with Italian. Lacking was a lasagna, manicotti...... guess it wasn't what I was expecting. I wanted a wine by the glass and the only Cabernet Sauvignon (probably the most popular dry red) was $15 which I thought was high. I must say in comparison that Silverheels had a very affordable wine selection.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We began our evening with Happy Hour at the Bar, enjoying a couple of IPA beers and glasses of La Liana Pinot Grigio. The bartender, DJ, was a delight. He was conversational without being intrusive and very pleasant to talk to. Hannah was our waitress when we moved into the dining room and Kurt brought our dinners to the table. Both of them were very pleasant. The food was absolutely wonderful. I had Pork Loin with accompanying sides and Bob had Penne Bolognese. Very, very nice. The restaurant was nicely decorated and the seating was comfortable. Overall, one of the nicest meals I had while on vacation.

Been to Bagalis? Share your experiences!