“Sushi's nice enough but way to expensive”
Review of Kemosabe

Kemosabe
Ranked #19 of 61 Restaurants in Frisco
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Now I do understand that they have to get fresh fish up to Frsico. Just wanted to say that before I continued. But it's only 90+ minutes drive from Denver and 15+ minutes from a local airport.

The sushi is nice enough and with a good range.

The service was good with no issues.

I went in for lunch but half a dozen pieces of sushi for $35+ is a bit much I'm afraid.

I didn't see any special deals, perhaps that would be an idea for lunch.

Would try again but in the evening as $35 for a dinner is more appropriate.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We really enjoyed dinner at this sushi restaurant.. Some locals recommended it and they were right. I was surprised how good it was for a mountain town. Their specialty rolls were very good and very creative. Try the Madison Roll....awesome.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Very crowded, with a bit of a wait, But the Sushi was great. We had the SPRINKLES, MT. VESUVIUS, MADISON'S, and the Citrus C all were excellent. One disappointment the $10 they charged for 2 pieces of tempura shrimp on a bowl of rice for my daughter. They do have a selection of kids meals from their sister restaurant next door- steak tips, a burger or chicken nuggets. So we might try that next time- or we will get togo

Reviewed January 21, 2012

Title says it all. Nothing wrong with the sushi - better than average (but I live in Daytona Beach, so the bar's set kinda low, I'll admit), but it's 20% overpriced.
Now, I'll submit that it's gotta be more expensive for THEM to get decent raw fish up into Frisco before the due-date, so the mark-up is probably justified. Just have to decide how badly you want sushi while you're in town.

Reviewed December 13, 2011

Maybe it was too cold for Sushi- but 20 dollars a head minimum seemed a bit steep. Location is good- easy to find- connected to a steakhouse for the landlubbers.

2  Thank David R

Been to Kemosabe? Share your experiences!