“Pretty darn good”

5th Avenue Grille
Ranked #10 of 61 Restaurants in Frisco
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The 5th Avenue Grille is a neighborhood eatery crafting elevated food paired with genuine hospitality in our unpretentious mountain surroundings. We believe in using real, wholesome ingredients prepared with care and imagination for a happier healthy life. Our service staff is professional with a casual vibe to make everyday a reason to celebrate.
Aspen, Colorado
“Pretty darn good”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

The place was busy on a Friday with a nice cross sectoin of people at the bar. They beer from 3$ PBR to $5 microbrews and wine was resonably priced between 6 and ten dollars a glass. The menu is the same in both the bar and the restaurant so we chose to sit in theh dinning room.

We mentioned we were just stopping for a quick bite to eat so they served us very quickly. I had a wonderful butternut squash ravioli and my wife had seared Ahi tuna both dishes were very good. With soup, an entree, two glasses of wine and a cup of coffee the price came out to be $60. We felt it was a fair value for a good meal in a mountain resort town.

The only critique I have is my ravioli was on a bed of spinach that I felt should have been cooked very slightly to get the raw out, and there were carrotts on my wifes plate that she felt the same way about.

• Visited January 2012

Stockport, United Kingdom
“Cozy upmarket bar”
Reviewed December 16, 2011

As us Brits always try to seek out a bar, we found this place one evening for a drink and a couple of days later went back for a meal. There is a separate restaurant area also but we ate in the bar. We had a few martinis which I thought were pretty good, have had some in bars which have tasted like fruit juice, these definitely had a decent amount of alcohol in them, the female bar tender was very enthusiastic about her recipes. We had the soups which were delicious and the burgers which were pretty good. Nice cozy bar, attentive service, good food and drinks.

• Visited December 2011
Chicago, Illinois
“A bit overpriced for average food”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I should have paid better attention to the TA reviews I read prior to going to Frisco. This place has a very nice atmosphere and is decorated beautifully. The drinks were a little weak and the food was way overpriced. I ordered the sirloin tips which were excellent. That item and the hot bread they give you before the meal was where it ends. My wife ordered the chicken pot pie which may seem weird but it sounded pretty good to both of us (and others at the next table) given the choices on the menu and the type of place it was. We both figured this would be a truely gourmet pot pie to say the least. At least it shoud have been for $17. The chicken was a handfull of pieces picked off a breast with some gravy and raw vegetables that she had a hard time cutting with a knife. It also had a very strong, overpowering spice in it. It was the same with the potato patty that came as a side with my meal. We both thought it could be rosemary but, whatever it was, we did not finish either of these 2 items. I also had vegetables which were warmed, not cooked so they too were raw. What we thought would be a more high end dinner in Frisco turned out to be quite a dissapointment.

• Visited September 2011
Oldsmar, Florida
“Good Food in Downtown Frisco”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

After a day of golf, we were looking for a place to have a casual dinner. Driving down Main Street Frisco, we spotted the 5th Avenue Grille. It was perfect for us and we also were in time for Happy Hour. Even though it has limited outdoor seating, it was a good day to sit outside and people watch while enjoying our dinners. We had the hamburger which was delicious and the fish tacos (appetizer) were very good. The Grille has a varied menu with much more than just sandwiches, we just opted for a lighter meal after golf. Good food, convenient and friendly staff.

• Visited August 2011
Nixa, Missouri
“Overpriced, food ok but not great”
Reviewed June 11, 2011

My husband and I had an early dinner here on the last night of our vacation through Colorado and Utah. I had a chopped salad, which was fine, and my husband had a burger and sweet potato fries. He ordered his burger medium well, but it was more than well done. We shared a piece of chocolate cheesecake afterwards, which we both thought was good. I think $10 for a burger and sweet potato fries and $10 for a chopped salad with no meat is kind of steep.

No complaints about the atmosphere or service.

• Visited June 2011