“Probably the best tasting food in Frisco”

Vinny's Euro American Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 61 Restaurants in Frisco
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Vinny's is chef owned and operated, serving natural, organic, local, humane, fresh, hand-crafted ingredients. Choose from Pub, Courtyard (weather permitting), or Dining room seating. Make selections from our Happy Hour Menu (Fridat-Sunday 2-5), the Sandwich Menu (Daily 2-5), the Pub Menu (Daily 2-close), or the Dinner Menu (Daily 5-close). You'll find fare inspired by traditional French, Italian, cuisine, including Vegetarian, Vegan, and Gluten Free Options. Fresh Daily Specials offer exciting additions to our regular menu as well. Please call with any questions or to make reservation. 970-668-0340
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Since restaurants are primarily about food, I must say that the food here is basically of excellent quality prepared to order. There are a variety of salads, with the option of a small size (which is ample) or a large size. I had a small spinach and bacon salad that was fresh and excellent. For the main course, I had linguini with clams that was also of ample size and very tasty.

My wife had a duck dish that was also very tasty, but a problem with it was that it was not hot. Even after she returned it to be heated, it still was not really hot. My linguini could also have been hotter. Serving food hot is a particular problem at high elevations like this (around 9,000 feet) because the wet bulb temperature is low, so restaurants should make an extra effort to compensate.

We were with others and shared three dessert dishes, and all of these (especially bread pudding) were excellent.

Prices were a bit on the high side, but in line with other high quality restaurants in this area, where prices are generally above average because it seasonally caters to tourists.

Our food took longer than average to be served, but that was understandable because it was prepared to order. The service was friendly, but not sufficiently efficient to rate an "excellent." For example, some very tasty bread was served, but not until about 10 minutes after the salads and not in sufficient quantity for everyone at our table.

There is a bar area that appears to be a rather "standard" sports bar type of venue, The indoor dining area is (thankfully) separate, and was pleasant in an informal way.

Overall, I recommend the restaurant for a leisurely dinner of exceptionally well prepared food in a pleasant if unspectacular atmosphere.

Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Food was very good. Atmosphere was so-so. We dined outside, which was basically a courtyard.

Service was just average. Waiter was clearly overwhelmed with a small lunch crowd and quickly scolded us for trying to make special requests. He never returned to ask if we wanted drink refills.

Overall, food was the highlight, but I doubt I would return again.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We happened upon Vinny's because it was one of the few things in Frisco open that particular night after 9pm. We didn't know what to expect, but the meal was wonderful. The service was top notch, and the bread pudding-- I still crave it! Try this for your romantic dinner while in Frisco, you won't regret it.

1  Thank kirbyj78
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This place has so many things that could be good, but not the night we were there. The biggest problem had to do with our waiter, he was waiting on tables all over the place with no rhyme or reason to his section, that is where the problem lies we believe. He stopped telling us the specials in the middle of his dialogue because his order was ready, never really gave us much info. Came back to the table and I said "the specials, he said that was it, even though I heard more from him at other tables. We ordered a 2nd drink which he totally forgot about, someone else brought our salads, dishes were never cleaned off and our food was decent but the whole thing was overpriced and not enjoyable, he did not seem interested in the two of us at all, one good thing, I did order a nice red wine and he never put it on the bill, I certainly was NOT going to tell him, glad to get out of there.

3  Thank DYAN55
Reviewed July 22, 2013

my husband and i ate here during our recent trip to frisco...it was a beautiful night and we sat at an outside table in the courtyard...our server (sarah, i think??) was friendly and knowledgeable about the food and the town! i had the duck on her recommendation and it was perfectly done and so tasty! my husband can be super picky and wasn't that hungry but his request of an appetizer for his entree with some changes to it was accommodated without hesitation. a salad and a nice bottle of wine rounded out a great dinner!