“Good--not "the best" though”

Vinny's Euro American Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 61 Restaurants in Frisco
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Vinny's is chef owned and operated, serving natural, organic, local, humane, fresh, hand-crafted ingredients. Choose from Pub, Courtyard (weather permitting), or Dining room seating. Make selections from our Happy Hour Menu (Fridat-Sunday 2-5), the Sandwich Menu (Daily 2-5), the Pub Menu (Daily 2-close), or the Dinner Menu (Daily 5-close). You'll find fare inspired by traditional French, Italian, cuisine, including Vegetarian, Vegan, and Gluten Free Options. Fresh Daily Specials offer exciting additions to our regular menu as well. Please call with any questions or to make reservation. 970-668-0340
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We went to Vinny's on a Sunday night. The restaurant part was deserted so we sat at a table in the bar. It was lively and our server was excellent. The food was just okay too. My salad (with fig, roasted pears, cheese & pecans) was a little grainy, like the lettuce wasn't completely rinsed, perhaps. Then I had the lobster risotto. While there were large pieces of lobster, the risotto itself was almost inedible because of how rich it was. It had, in my opinion, way too much cheese (and probably butter and cream as well) whereas I much prefer mine to be full of broth with just a touch of the rich stuff. Maybe it's a personal preference...but I've never met a risotto I didn't like. (I make it weekly, at least, and order it almost everywhere I go.) My husband ordered the mahi mahi special and enjoyed it a lot. They had good prices on a few bottles of wine but to find a bottle under $50 was difficult...the majority of the wines were really expensive.

Reviewed November 12, 2011

Vinny's came highly recommended to us and we were definitely not disappointed. The service was prompt and friendly. We started with the all natural” Buffalo Jalapeño Cheddar Sausage, Potato Salad & Mustard Sauce appetizer; it was unique and tasty! My wife ordered the prosciutto wrapped pork tenderloin and I went with a sauteed chicken breast that had some spice "kick" to it. Each were very very good. I actually wanted the pork tenderloin so I had to steal a few bites and as I suspected, it was out of this world. If you're looking for a high quality meal with many organic and local ingredients, this is your place. Additionally, they have a nice selection of wine and a few craft beers!

Reviewed October 14, 2011

We started with an appetizer, but the one we wanted (hummus) was not available. So instead we ordered the ravioli. It came with gorgonzola cheese, which one of us doesn't like, so the server offered to change the preparation and helped us select a different cheese topping. When it arrived, it was delicious! By this time the bread had arrived. The bread was cut on the top, but in order to separate the pieces you had to grab the bread and break off your piece. This was OK for me & my spouse, but if I were to be with other friends of dubious hygiene habits, I probably would have skipped this part of the meal. The bread was good - perfect texture inside, crispy on the outside, but the olive oil/balsamic vinegar dip left a little something to be desired (maybe some spices?). I added salt and that helped.

Because we had a discount coupon we decided to splurge. I ordered the lamb and my spouse got the veal. The lamb was cooked to perfection - about medium rare, nice and warm, very tender. It came with the polenta I had ordered, which had a good texture but arrived lukewarm. The veal seemed well done and a little tough. We rarely eat veal so maybe that's how it should be. However, the sauce on the veal was outstanding! The side of roasted pototoes ordered with the veal was tasty. Both meals included aspargus and yellow beans which were very good.

Service was excellent and we enjoyed the opportunity to eat meals that we wouldn't normally prepare at home.

As we were leaving the restaurant, we noticed that there were sticky spots on the door. And the carpet looked a little dirty.

We had eaten in this location many years earlier when it was a dingy Chinese restaurant. Since then, a nice skylight had been installed and more lights added to improve the atmosphere.

The menu is full of interesting food combinations and we look forward to trying some other meals in the future.

Reviewed September 30, 2011

Vinny's was recommended to us as we were travelling thru Colorado this past week. It is a restaurant run by an East Coast person and we cannot say enough about the service ( a waiter from Boston), the food (superb) and the wine which was excellent..

The restaurant is not easily found but once you are there, you are in for a treat. We ate at many top notch restaurants in the Rocky Mountains, Telluride and Beaver Creek and Vinny's was by far the best food we ate the whole trip.

Thought Frisco would be a low end kind of town but it is really worth stopping if you are going by Breckenridge, Arapahoe or headed to Leadville. Wish the restaurant was in CT.

The food was outstanding.....we had

Reviewed September 8, 2011

Tucked upstairs in the back of an unasuming courtyard on Main St. in Frisco, CO, you'll find Vinny's. Getting off the elevator, I was immediately struck by the unexpected upscale ambiance; after being seated, I was again struck by the menu and quite well balanced wine list. We have been to Vinny's four times now, and every visit has been a unique and flavorful dining experience.

Service by well trained, knowledgable, and likeable locals added to a first-class meal. Every course is well presented, and timing is not rushed. Wine by the glass is presented in the bottle, tableside, then poured; a very nice touch.

Vinny's is so good, we ate there twice last week. During the first visit, we tried the 'special' appitizers offered; Clams Kennedy - a cross between Clams Casino and Oysters Rockerfeller - Excellent! Portions here tend to be generous, as some of my wife's lemon sole on lobster risotto topped with crabmeat came home for lunch. My huge pork chop was topped with mushrooms and served with a pinot noir demi glaze and a tasty polenta. Both dishes included a fresh vegetable medley. Our decident desert was a flourless chocolate torte topped with vanilla ice cream! Our waiter's recommendation from the wine list was a perfect accompanyment for our dinner.

On our second visit we tried the 'other special appitizer', P.E.I. Mussels Portuguese Style, served with Fennel Sausage, and a Spicy White Wine Sauce (ask for some extra home made bread for dunking in this outstanding and, did I mention, spicy sauce! The night air had a chill, and my wife decided to enjoy a hearty dish of “Certified" Angus Beef Bolognese, served with homemade ricotta & romano cheese gnocchi - wow, was that good! I went for the braised short ribs (cooked for 12 hours+ in wine!), served on top of creamed corn - but not creamed corn like the Jolly Green Giant makes in a can - this was more of a pureed mixture of corn and (???). I should have asked, because it not only complimented the short ribs, but it was delicious! We decided to skip desert that night, but lingered at our table over another wonderful recommendation from the wine list.

Vinny's is open for lunch and has a nice happy hour.

We had excellent service on both visits, first from Andrew then from David. If you're fortunate enough to be seated at their table, please say 'hello' from Alan in NJ!

4  Thank FineTimer