“Looking for Mexican in Frisco? Look no further!”
Review of Hacienda Real

Hacienda Real
Ranked #9 of 59 Restaurants in Frisco
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Parker, Colorado
“Looking for Mexican in Frisco? Look no further!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stopped in hungry after a morning of hiking. We had a house margarita, which was great tasting, at a good price, and stout! I ordered the chicken mole, which did not disappoint. The sauce was creamy with that wonderful hint of chocolate. The salsa there is muy bueno with complex roasted chile flavor and just the right amount of spicy. They sell it there by the jar if you feel like taking some home. The service was good, we were well attended to. There was one girl there that clearly did not appreciate our request to close the outside door (outside temp was in the 50's) but other than that, everyone was very nice. I would definitely go back.

1 Thank uncloudyday_in_oz

Colorado
“Burritos”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We didn't have much time for dinner so we ordered burritos. The place was packed but it didn't take too long to get our food and they kept us in chips & dip until our food did arrive. I liked them.

Visited September 2013
“Great food and amazing hot salsa available upon request!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

The food was outstanding. Very large portions but I would expect that for the price of the meal. Was not terribly expensive just a few $ more than I was anticipating. Restaurant was not the nicest place and was very sloppily painted and decorated but I was there for the food not the ambiance. I would definately recommed the chicken chimi!

• Visited August 2013
Potomac, MD
“Good, authentic Tex Mex and friendly waitress”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The food here is very good, generous in quantity, and reasonable in price. The menu is extensive and the wait staff are friendly and efficient. The home-made salsa uses slow-roasted vegetables that gives it a very unique and delicious flavor. Que bueno! We will eat here again anytime we are in the area. Thanks to others whose reviews in TripAdvisor prompted us to try this.

Middlefield, Connecticut
“Nothing to write home about”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

After having some phenomenal mexican food in other parts of the state, this was a let down. It wasn't bad, but it kind of lacked that authentic taste we were hoping for. The server was not very knowledgable about the menu or their specialties. We shared a tamale that we not in the husk, so I questioned whether it was actually homemade or not. It was kind of bland and covered with mole (which wasn't awful). I had a couple of beef tacos, which were OK, but bland and my wife had a burrito that was about the same.

Now, the margaritas were very good, so at least they got that right. I could actually taste the tequila, which is something I look for in a good margarita especially when it's top shelf.

Overall, edible, but nothing to look forward to. We're a little spoiled with the quality of mexican food we're used to (Arizona, California, local authentic taquerias, etc), so for a person who likes tex-mex or americanized mexican food, they might enjoy this more that we did.

• Visited September 2013

Been to Hacienda Real? Share your experiences!