“Spice Heaven in Frisco”

Himalayan Cuisine
Ranked #44 of 61 Restaurants in Frisco
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Come and try our authentic Indian/Nepalese cuisine and our excellent wine list and exotic beers that compliment the complex flavors and aromas of the Indian/Nepalese cuisine at Himalayan Cuisine. Conveniently located on the 409 Main Street. Our casual interior creates a variety of spaces, allowing us to create an intimate dining experience for two, or more. As well as for larger groups, with over 30 seats in both secluded and open areas. We're sure to find the right table for you. Lunch Buffet We offer an extensive daily lunch buffet reasonable price. Our selection of buffet items include a combination of Chicken, Meat, Vegetables, Curries, fresh Naan, Rice, Condiments, and Dessert. Some items change daily.
Reviewed March 5, 2011

We have visited twice this week and will plan on coming again before heading home. Friendly, helpful staff. Distinct flavors in every dish, great quality, generous portions, reasonable prices, good choices with beer, wines, teas and specialty drinks. This place is the best and I wish we had something as good at home!

1  Thank CE151CT

Reviewed March 30, 2010

The hotel recommended Himalayn Cuisine in Frisco Colorado. I love Indian food so we went there for dinner. We came out eating too much because it was so good. The service was excellent and the food great! I had the egg plant dish with rice. We also got garlic naan bread.

The atmosphere was not stylish but it is typical of most Indian restaurants.

2  Thank streck2
Reviewed March 13, 2010

We were thrilled to stumble into this place and we'll be back. It was small and packed on a random weeknight in February (yes it's ski season, but well before spring break madness).
I don't recall what specific dishes we ordered, but they were well prepared, generous, and reasonably priced. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Snowman00
Reviewed December 21, 2009

If you like Indian food and are tired of franchise chain restaurants and brewery/pub food, give this place a try. Although small and not the best ambiance, the food speaks for itself.

2  Thank snufalufagus303
Reviewed November 13, 2009

Whether you are looking for something other than the usual ski hill fare or you've been dining on gourmet all week, definitely go to Himalayan Cuisine. I was traveling alone, staying in Silverthorne finding nothing but bar or chain food and decided to try looking in Frisco. Nestled right on Main Street I found this hidden treasure. The service was fantastic, friendly, courteous and quick. The menu has a variety of offerings from all regions of India and the Himalayans. The food was fantastic perhaps the best Indian food I have had, and I've had a lot. Even though I was pleasantly full, the wait staff suggested I try a traditional desert, which, of course, I did. What a wonderful finish to a fantastic meal. Portion-size was ample for a hearty eater; I couldn't finish the Naan or the main course and I'm not a dainty eater! The ambiance was great with linen table clothes and napkins. The only thing I would recommend is that the management remove the TV. I'm not sure why TV's are in restaurants, but I wouldn't let that stop you from trying this tasty gem in Frisco. I'm sure I'll go back!

2  Thank cedarisles

Been to Himalayan Cuisine? Share your experiences!