“Just OK”

Himalayan Cuisine
Ranked #44 of 61 Restaurants in Frisco
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Come and try our authentic Indian/Nepalese cuisine and our excellent wine list and exotic beers that compliment the complex flavors and aromas of the Indian/Nepalese cuisine at Himalayan Cuisine. Conveniently located on the 409 Main Street. Our casual interior creates a variety of spaces, allowing us to create an intimate dining experience for two, or more. As well as for larger groups, with over 30 seats in both secluded and open areas. We're sure to find the right table for you. Lunch Buffet We offer an extensive daily lunch buffet reasonable price. Our selection of buffet items include a combination of Chicken, Meat, Vegetables, Curries, fresh Naan, Rice, Condiments, and Dessert. Some items change daily.
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We were the only diners there, and the service was slow and uneven. Food was decent, but nothing to write home about.

Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Well quite delicious, the foods didn't have that spicy Indian tang and were rather ordinary. Not at all to say bad but just average. I still go there quite often as I love Indian food and see only thing close by.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I'm from England. There are 25 Indian restaurants I can walk to from home. There are three Indian restaurants in London vying for Michelin stars (one has one). There are several on the next tier down i.e. trying, but not very likely to break through. Then you have what I'd refer to as High Street standard, which most of the ones where I live are. Some are better than others but there's not all that much to choose between them. This is definitely at the lower end of the High Street standard level. Still, all the basics are there. It is also a very decent price. You can find dishes that range from tasty, to spicy, to blow your head clean off. Last time I was in Frisco there was nobody in the restaurant, which is disappointing. It's better than that and an Indian meal in ski country is worth trying and worth supporting. It's average by my standards, but I'll be back.

1  Thank Oliver B
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a quiet dinner at this cozy restaurant. The staff was so friendly and gracious. The restaurant is small, and even though there was a fussy child near us it felt more like a casual, family-friendly place and we were still able to have a romantic dinner with good conversation. We ordered the chicken tikka masala which was delicious and the momo cha which were probably the best dumplings I've ever had. I look forward to returning and trying something different each time - just for the adventure of it! I trust that our new choices will be as tasty as the dishes we had our first time there. Also, we noticed that they had a broad assortment of wines, so look forward to adding wine to the meal.

1  Thank CentennialLaura
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We had to ask so many questions before we decided on our order, but our waiter was very patient and described what everything was that we asked about. Our orders came quickly and we were very happy to find a place suited to our tastes for a near-vegan diet. The food wasn't outstanding, but we had a very pleasant dinner. The samosas were the best!