“Best "base-camp" hotel ever!”
Review of Hotel Frisco

Hotel Frisco
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Frisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Brighton, Michigan
“Best "base-camp" hotel ever!”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I have been going to Summit County Colorado for 15 + years, and this was the first time I stayed in the town of Frisco. I can't imagine not staying at the Hotel Frisco from now on!. It is in the middle of everything, whether hiking, climbing, rafting, mountain biking, you name it. And at the end of the day, it was a short walk to the town's many restaurants and pubs to re-charge, or just sit on the front patio with a cold one and talk to the passer-byes (local and visitors alike). The staff were very knowledgeable and got me pointed in the right direction for rafting and biking equipment, and steered me to the best local meals. Although it is in the middle of town, it is quiet and laid-back, a very comfortable hotel.

Room Tip: Believe their website's descriptions about each room, they are accurate.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
pinnaroo, General Manager at Hotel Frisco, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
Thank you very much for posting your comments in this forum and for being a wonderful ambassador of Hotel Frisco by sharing your positive experiences about your vacation in Frisco. It is always good to know we are pointing our guests in the right direction with all the wonderful things there are to do here in Summit County. Our aim is to create a vacation experience for our guests. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 5, 2011

My family of 5 (kids - 2 later aged teenagers and 1 early 20's) stayed here for 4 nights and should have stayed longer. The hotel feels more like a home, the staff is incredibly friendly, the rooms spacious and the beds very comfortable. We have done a significant amount of hoteling over time - Hotel Frisco is at the top of the list. The town has much to offer as well with great access to shops, restaurants, white water rafting, biking, hiking and a large Lake Dillon. You will like it here!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive comments and it is always comforting to know that our efforts to exceed our guest’s expectations give you the confidence to say we are your home away from home. Our town has something to offer everybody and we aim to provide an exceptional concierge service in creating memorable memories for our guests.
Arlington, VA
Reviewed July 11, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Frisco in July and it was lovely. The place is really cute and has a homey feel. The rooms are clean and simple with comfy beds and all the basics (my wife was excited about the Aveda products)... use the website to pick the best room for what you're looking for, ours was a bit small but that's what we reserved. The staff is super friendly and helpful, and the location can't be beat: right in the middle of town.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nascitur
Colorado
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Frisco is a great town to visit. The Hotel Frisco is the place to stay if you go. You can walk to everything...The Marina, restaurants, bars, shops...its a fantastic place!

Clean rooms, comfy beds, great staff, perfect location. Look no further if you are visiting Frisco (which you should! I want to move there!)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank jennstr
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2011

we stayed one night ,the room ,and staff were the best we had encountered on our trip.Very helpful could not have asked for more.I wish we had more time to explore both the hotel and the area but we were returning home later.The hotel is right in the middle of Frisco and the restaurant next door was very good.The wi fi took a little time but if its difficult in one of the back rooms tune into the restaurants it works well.Overall a very satisfying experience .I would also comment that the owners response to a previous complain was very measured and reflected the professionalism we encountered .

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank hantshawk
Knoxville
Reviewed June 18, 2011

This hotel was very unique... beautiful, clean, and right in the middle of Frisco. We had an awesome deck with sliding glass doors, the employees were super friendly, and we had everything we needed. It was like staying in a big, awesome house full of nice people. The location of the hotel was close to everything, and the view outside our room from the deck was indescribably beautiful. We stayed 4 nights, and we wish we could have stayed longer! I definitely recommend this hotel to all. Thanks for our special stay here!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Chapel Hill
Reviewed April 2, 2011

Awful customer service and cancellation policy! There are better options in the area, such as the Dillon Lodge, Best Western in Dillion.

I travel regularly and all over the world on business and pleasure, so I have a pretty good understand of what constitutes good and poor customer service. And frankly, this place ranks right up there with one of the worst!

I booked a reservation to stay at the hotel for one night, via the internet, to arrive very late at night on Thursday, March 17th. After arriving from the east coast and landing in Denver around midnight mountain time, I drove in a blizzard to Frisco. Cars were going off the road, and I thought about turning back, but I had already paid for this room. However, when I arrived stressed out and exhausted at 2:00am mountain time, and opened the lockbox, there was no key there, and I was beside myself. I checked my email on my iPhone for the receipt again, only to realize that I had inadvertenly made the reservation for the following Thursday. As no rooms were available, I got back on I-70 and headed to Dillion, and was fortunate enough to find the last room at 2:45 in the morning.

I called the Frisco Hotel staff that Sunday, and spoke to one of the staff members on duty, explained the circumstances, and asked for a refund. She referred me to the owner/manager, Sarah --. I emailed her and explained the circumstances, but she was unwilling to refund my payment of $140, although she did offer a credit of $90 towards a future stay. When I explained that I had no plans for a future stay, and that this amounted to confiscation of my payment, she would not relent.

So, buyer beware! I paid for two nights of lodging that night, and the owner of this Hotel was unwilling to deviate from "hotel policy" in order to accomodate an extraordinary situation. Keep this in mind before you decide to book at what appears on the surface to be a nice little hotel. There are plenty of other options in the area, and I would recommend the Dillon Lodge, if for nothing else, their accomodating and very friendly staff, and a nice modern and convenient location.

Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Magellan2525
pinnaroo, General Manager at Hotel Frisco, responded to this review, June 5, 2011
The Frisco Hotel has a solid reputation for outstanding client care and boutique lodging services. As the General Manager, my aim is to ensure we provide outstanding customer service and business practices, to meet the needs of both our guests and owners of the hotel. That is why we are number one on trip advisor and also have won “Best Lodging” in Summit County for seven years in a row.
The policies we operate under are simple and aligned with international industry hotel standards.
Again, we clearly understood the guest’s (Doctor, name withheld for privacy reasons) frustration about his mistake for arriving days prior to his booking, at mid night and not being able to use the date he booked in the following week. While my staff helped calm him and found alternative lodging on that night because our hotel was fully booked, the mistake was his. We respected his circumstances and with empathy to his situation, we gladly stated that a credit towards a future stay would be issued to him. This generous credit could be used by him, another family member or friend to stay another time in the future. He had mentioned in his email we would make a customer for life if we refunded him and he has acquaintances in the region, stating he visited the area regularly for professional reasons, so it seemed like we had created a fair outcome, for all parties concerned.
Instead of accepting our flexible terms and being truly able to experience our great customer service first hand, he decided to decline and chose to take out the threats he made to me via email and publicly escalate the matter beyond reasonability, if I did not issue him a full refund.
The on-line booking he made was clearly sent and confirmed to him at the time of booking. As a self proclaimed experienced international traveler, in the future to avoid repeating his experience, we recommend he confirms all professional or personal travel itineraries’ to avoid mistakes.
In closing, as a doctor he would have professional terms and conditions established in his industry and trust he could have mutually respected the lodging industry standards.

Travelers are raving about these Frisco hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Baymont Inn & Suites Lake Dillon
Ramada Frisco
#4 of 21 in Frisco
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge
Comfort Suites Dillon

Been to Hotel Frisco? Share your experiences!