“A fitting end to a three week tour of the four corners”
Review of Hotel Frisco

Hotel Frisco
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Frisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Winchester, United Kingdom
“A fitting end to a three week tour of the four corners”
Reviewed June 22, 2011

we stayed one night ,the room ,and staff were the best we had encountered on our trip.Very helpful could not have asked for more.I wish we had more time to explore both the hotel and the area but we were returning home later.The hotel is right in the middle of Frisco and the restaurant next door was very good.The wi fi took a little time but if its difficult in one of the back rooms tune into the restaurants it works well.Overall a very satisfying experience .I would also comment that the owners response to a previous complain was very measured and reflected the professionalism we encountered .

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank hantshawk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Knoxville
Reviewed June 18, 2011

This hotel was very unique... beautiful, clean, and right in the middle of Frisco. We had an awesome deck with sliding glass doors, the employees were super friendly, and we had everything we needed. It was like staying in a big, awesome house full of nice people. The location of the hotel was close to everything, and the view outside our room from the deck was indescribably beautiful. We stayed 4 nights, and we wish we could have stayed longer! I definitely recommend this hotel to all. Thanks for our special stay here!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Chapel Hill
Reviewed April 2, 2011

Awful customer service and cancellation policy! There are better options in the area, such as the Dillon Lodge, Best Western in Dillion.

I travel regularly and all over the world on business and pleasure, so I have a pretty good understand of what constitutes good and poor customer service. And frankly, this place ranks right up there with one of the worst!

I booked a reservation to stay at the hotel for one night, via the internet, to arrive very late at night on Thursday, March 17th. After arriving from the east coast and landing in Denver around midnight mountain time, I drove in a blizzard to Frisco. Cars were going off the road, and I thought about turning back, but I had already paid for this room. However, when I arrived stressed out and exhausted at 2:00am mountain time, and opened the lockbox, there was no key there, and I was beside myself. I checked my email on my iPhone for the receipt again, only to realize that I had inadvertenly made the reservation for the following Thursday. As no rooms were available, I got back on I-70 and headed to Dillion, and was fortunate enough to find the last room at 2:45 in the morning.

I called the Frisco Hotel staff that Sunday, and spoke to one of the staff members on duty, explained the circumstances, and asked for a refund. She referred me to the owner/manager, Sarah --. I emailed her and explained the circumstances, but she was unwilling to refund my payment of $140, although she did offer a credit of $90 towards a future stay. When I explained that I had no plans for a future stay, and that this amounted to confiscation of my payment, she would not relent.

So, buyer beware! I paid for two nights of lodging that night, and the owner of this Hotel was unwilling to deviate from "hotel policy" in order to accomodate an extraordinary situation. Keep this in mind before you decide to book at what appears on the surface to be a nice little hotel. There are plenty of other options in the area, and I would recommend the Dillon Lodge, if for nothing else, their accomodating and very friendly staff, and a nice modern and convenient location.

Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Magellan2525
pinnaroo, General Manager at Hotel Frisco, responded to this review, June 5, 2011
The Frisco Hotel has a solid reputation for outstanding client care and boutique lodging services. As the General Manager, my aim is to ensure we provide outstanding customer service and business practices, to meet the needs of both our guests and owners of the hotel. That is why we are number one on trip advisor and also have won “Best Lodging” in Summit County for seven years in a row.
The policies we operate under are simple and aligned with international industry hotel standards.
Again, we clearly understood the guest’s (Doctor, name withheld for privacy reasons) frustration about his mistake for arriving days prior to his booking, at mid night and not being able to use the date he booked in the following week. While my staff helped calm him and found alternative lodging on that night because our hotel was fully booked, the mistake was his. We respected his circumstances and with empathy to his situation, we gladly stated that a credit towards a future stay would be issued to him. This generous credit could be used by him, another family member or friend to stay another time in the future. He had mentioned in his email we would make a customer for life if we refunded him and he has acquaintances in the region, stating he visited the area regularly for professional reasons, so it seemed like we had created a fair outcome, for all parties concerned.
Instead of accepting our flexible terms and being truly able to experience our great customer service first hand, he decided to decline and chose to take out the threats he made to me via email and publicly escalate the matter beyond reasonability, if I did not issue him a full refund.
The on-line booking he made was clearly sent and confirmed to him at the time of booking. As a self proclaimed experienced international traveler, in the future to avoid repeating his experience, we recommend he confirms all professional or personal travel itineraries’ to avoid mistakes.
In closing, as a doctor he would have professional terms and conditions established in his industry and trust he could have mutually respected the lodging industry standards.

Travelers are raving about these Frisco hotels

Front Range Colorado
Reviewed November 8, 2010

On a Saturday mid-afternoon we needed a place to stay before heading on east. We were traveling with a large furry dog and needed a place that would take him as well. This establishment came up in a dog friendly guide book. We ended up with a queen room next to the hot tub. For our needs it was just what we needed. Lisa at the desk was very friendly and extremely helpful. They are very pet friendly.

The room was exceptionally clean and very simply decorated with a huge closet. We were in room 101 which was on the ground floor next to the hut tub. There is convenient parking behind the hotel so you don't have to fight for street parking. Everything was great and we had no complaints.

I could see however, in true high season that being in the center of town, it might get noisy. We did have some clanking as the bar next door dumped out their glass bottles in the trash. But that stopped by 9pm. This room specifically would not be the quietest if the apre-ski hot tubbing got too exciting as the hot tub is literally 10 feet away. Also be warned that their bedding is down and my wife's allergies were set off very badly. They do have non-allergenic bedding, you just have to ask for it.

Highly recommend for anyone but specifically for travelers with pets as a great affordable place to stay in town.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bigdaveco
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2010

At the end of a great holiday around Wyoming we made the one mistake of our holiday which was to stay in Estes Park. I'll resist going on about that here though.
Desperate to end our holiday on a high we turned to trip advisor. The Hotel and town that seemed to fit the bill were Hotel Frisco and Frisco itself, both scoring high here. Luckily at no notice we managed to book a two bed room suite and fled Estes to Frisco.
What can we say about the hotel? Well first the staff were simply wonderful, very friendly, very helpful, and really welcoming. Second the hotel itself is absolutely lovely, incredibly homely, compfortable, wonderfully clean, and brilliantly positioned in the middle of this quiet and lovely town. The rooms were excellent, the views of the mountains great, and all you could want for in a smart friendly and affordable hotel.
As for Frisco itself there are a number of great places to eat at night and for breakfast. We had a great meal at Tuscatos an Italian resteraunt right over from the hotel, again massively friendly as well as massive portions, and really nice food. Breakast or lunch at Butterhorn Bakery is great value and excellent food as well - the best sandwich we had all the time we have been in the states.
Hotel Frisco is quite simply excellent.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chalky33
Shorewood, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Spent three nights and wil definitely return. Comfortable, well-maintained rooms with a very friendly, knowledgeable staff. Hotel is well located for activities and dining in Frisco and surrounding area.

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
denver
Reviewed June 22, 2010

We recently stayed at the Frisco Hotel and cannot say enough about the staff, location and quality of the room. There simply aren't alot of great hotel options in the Frisco area unless you love chains like BW or HI. If you enjoy personalized service and the comfort of a clean room with a wonderful bed, you need not look further than the Frisco hotel unless they are booked. Staff members, Chrissy and Lisa, need to be personally recognized for their above and beyond help to ensure a wonderful stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Makai
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Alpine Inn
Ramada Frisco
#4 of 21 in Frisco
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge
Comfort Suites Dillon

Been to Hotel Frisco? Share your experiences!