“Don't let the outside fool you”
Review of Food Hedz

Food Hedz
Ranked #23 of 59 Restaurants in Frisco
Cuisines: International, American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Parking Available, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Food Hedz Catering has been providing full-service catering and event management services to Summit County for over 12 years. We would be happy to host your next business meeting, family celebration or wedding in our private dining room or cater services at the venue or location you have selected. Chef David sources all the best local, organic and sustainable products to make the best, healthiest and freshest meals for you! All of our soups, sauces, stocks and breads are produced in house each and every day.
Silverthorne, Colorado
“Don't let the outside fool you”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Odd location for a 5 star restaurant. In a strip mall between Wal-mart and Safeway. The chef got tired of the corporate BS and started his own thing. Very creative and fresh. All things are made from scratch. Cozy and quaint dining area.

• Visited July 2012

MPLS
“Wonderful restaurant”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We eat at Food Hedz every time we are in Frisco and agree that it is Frisco's top restaurant! They use fresh ingredients prepared well, have freshly baked bread, and have a great wine list. If i could make one minor suggestion, it would be that the entree portions could be a bit smaller.

• Visited September 2012
Manchester, Vermont
“Good, but not as good as expected”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Based on the reviews, my husband and I entered Food Hedz expecting a stellar lunch. Instead, we got a so-so soup. It was billed as corn bisque but was, instead, simply corn soup. My husband thought it tasted like canned corn in broth. I thought it was better than that, but agreed that there was nothing 'bisque' about it. My husband got a spicy shrimp entree, which he didn't like much. I took a bite and agreed with him--I was glad I hadn't gotten it. My salad, on the other hand, salmon with salad greens, balsalmic, goat cheese etc, was delicious. It wasn't large, but after the corn soup it was ample. I liked it a great deal. We were given homemade bread (a dense, white bread, like sourdough) which was quite good. My grade would be a B, my husband's a D, hence the 'Average' rating. Had we gotten a different soup, and my husband a different entree, our rating would likely be higher.

Visited August 2012
“Worth it.”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Found it on trip advisor. Well worth it. In strip mall. Food was really good. Ate lunch. Nice atmosphere.

Boulder, Colorado
“Gourmet and popular!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This is a small chef owned restaurant (seats 42) with charming decor, although you wouldn't expect it from the exterior. (It's located in a strip mall but don't let that deter you).

The menu is small because the chef creates dishes from seasonal ingredients and changes it frequently. Entrees include a choice of soup or salad, both of which are ample servings in their own right. We are "light" vegetarians so we ordered the vegetarian sampler which was very imaginative and delicious.

We were a party of two and made a reservation for 6:00. Fortunately we did, because by 6:30 the restaurant was full and the only walk-in's they could take are at a counter along the wall.

If you are a foodie, you will like this restaurant.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank itsabigworld08

Been to Food Hedz? Share your experiences!