“Beat Mexican food in the area”

Azteca Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 17 Restaurants in Fraser
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We've tried other places in the Winter Park and Fraser area and found this to be the best Mexican food. We've had many different items from their menu and have not been disappointed. I especially like there original handmade margarita in which they mull the limes for it. This is definitely a place worth your while if you are in the area and don't mind driving a couple of miles further than Winter Park.

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We have all been to the run of the mill generic Mexican restaurants. They seem to share the same menu. You see "Speedy Gonzales" or the "El Diablo" and roll your eyes and expect a meal that is as average as the menu. Well, this restaurant is a lot better than it looks from the road. It is nice inside, prices are very reasonable, and the food is actually noteworthy for its taste. My wife usually hates Mexican but the flavor here had her stealing food from our plates when she was done with her own meal. And, we arrived 10 minutes before closing and got great service and the food was freshly made, not left over from lunch. I would definitely go back if I am near Fraser again!

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

The Mexican food here is very tasty and they don't skimp on the costly ingredients like meats. Sevice is attentive.

The atmosphere is a bit bland for a mountain town but typical of home style Mexican restaurants you might find in a city.

Prices are pretty good.

The mole is yummy.

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I stopped by for lunch.
Kids taco was ok she said, seems to drip little oil though.
I had the taco & enchilada lunch special, with whole pinto beans.
Food was okay, but seriously hot plate. I have had this happen before at other restaurants with the plates.

Please note all restaurant servers :
Don't bring 400 degree plates to table. Whom ever received this will hate it & will definitely lower you're tip.
3 tables in use +ours, fairly slow service. Empty glass sat on the table not refilled.
I'm sure we'll be back, but I hope that the service is better.
Still though, the best mexican food around Fraser. In my humble opinion.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Food used to be very good here, but has slipped in the past couple of years. Now the service has slipped as well--ate there recently and it was impossible to get a drink at the bar while waiting, once seated it took 10-15 minutes to get our order placed and our waters were always empty. Don't think I will be going back which is unfortunate as I've always dined here in the past while in town visiting.