“Get here early and expect 0 customer service”
Review of Elke's German Deli - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Elke's German Deli
Cuisines: Delicatessen
home
“Get here early and expect 0 customer service”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My family and I were going to be in the area and I had found a discount gift certificate for this deli. My son LOVES Rueben sandwiches so I thought we could give it a try. We drove in from Denver and were super excited to try them out. My son and I went into the deli. Three women were behind the counter. They looked up at us but not one of them said a word. My husband and daughter entered shortly behind us and again the women looked up but said NOTHING. My husband asked if they had a restroom and they told him he would have to go to 7-11. No big deal, really. So, I step up to the counter and present my certificate. "You cant get that" is the response. Um...ok. "What do you mean?" I ask. "You cant get that. We close soon. You cant get it." Again, keep in mind we have driven from Denver, we are hungry, we have purchased a gift certificate that we are wanting to use, we get NO greeting from the proprietor and are now told that because they WILL BE closing shortly they cannot serve us(they were not yet closed, mind you). I tell them we are from out of town and were looking forward to this, is there ANYTHING they can do? Nope, "we dont even have any bread left". None of this was accompanied by an apology...EVER. We were treated as an inconvenience to deal with at the end of their day and nothing more...pretty much, "we have nothing to offer, please (wait, probably no please either) leave so we can get to closing up...so we can come back for more inconvenient customers tomorrow". I apologize, I'm totally irritated, thus the rant. I have been in food service and customer service in one form or another all of my life and this was ridiculous! They will not be in business long with the customer service we experienced. Now I'm stuck w gift certificates I purchased and will never use.

• Visited February 2013