“Putting my headache to bed.”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Fort Morgan
Greenfield, WI
“Putting my headache to bed.”
Reviewed March 19, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at this motel. First, I arrived after midnight, when it's hard to get anything speical or out of the ordinary done. Liz, the desk clerk, noticed I didn't look well. I had a bad headache from driving too long and not stopping for any supper that night. So she made sure I had some food to eat before going to bed. It really took care of my headache, probably better than if I'd taken any medicene for it. Then she also gave me a "welcome kit" of bottled water, snacks and goodies. I felt special. The next day when I went to take my shower, I found another "gift", a fish bath toy (I called a few days later to make sure I was supposed to take it, I was). Then, because I'd went to bed so late, I was actually late for the free breakfast. But the staff made sure I ate a breakfast before leaving that morning. All in all, this was a very welcomed stop on my 7,600 plus mile plus trip, through 15 states, to see family, friends and two NHRA National races events in California and Arizona. I was very glad to have stayed here for the night and if ever back this way, will stop again!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
pasadena, california
Reviewed February 26, 2010

Definitely worth the money. We were impressed with the cleanliness and extra touches (candies on our pillows, decorations with the fresh towels). This budget hotel is definitely trying to be classier than others in it's price range - and succeeds! The heater took a little figuring out but then it kept us nice and warm (it was 11 degrees outside and snowing...) The walls are not soundproof but with the heater running we slept without disturbance. The staff is exceptionally friendly. The hotel is adjoined to Maverick's restaurant which offers guests a hot breakfast for $5 or you can walk to the other end of the parking lot and have a free hot breakfast at Comfort Inn (incidentally one of the better Comfort Inn breakfasts we've experienced. Complete with mini or normal size fresh waffles and the fixins for a 'sausage egg McMuffin' if you so desire). Conveniently located next to a gas station/mini mart; the I-70 with a Super Wal-Mart on the other side of the I-70 (we loaded up with goodies for the microwave, coffee maker and fridge/freezer in our hotel room). Definitely a good deal and we would stay here again (although the bed was not super comfortable). We drove over to the bridge and park nearby and got some awesome shots of the pond and geese, etc.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Colorado
Reviewed November 8, 2009

This hotel is perfect for the price. Clean comfortable and walking distance to Mavericks Restaurant. If I'm ever in the area again, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Duncansville
Reviewed October 28, 2009

I travel for a living. I have been doing so for 16 years. Over that time i have stayed in hundreds of hotels as you can imagine. The service at this hotel is second to none. The management is very accomodationg and understanding of my needs. The staff is friendly and personable. They go way beyond what is considered the norm. I needed a room turned into an office and they went above and beyond. If only all other establishments where like this one, traveling would not be a burden. This is simply the best stay I have had anywhere. I will definately be staying here in the future. I would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed September 6, 2009

There was confusion about which of two adjacent motels was served by the front desk. Thge rooms were only average. There were two breakfast areas at the two motels and the food at both was only average. The motel seemed to cater mostly to over-the-road trruckers, who were a pretty rangy sort. A nearly service station had only a gravel parking area and the adjoining food service area was junky.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed October 14, 2008

I had to stay at this hotel as this was the only approved hotel in Fort Morgan through my company, and I know why, no one else would stay here.

The hotel does not have it's own lobby, you have to walk or drive over to the comfort inn to check in, pretty horrible when it's cold out and nearly midnight and you have to go over twice since they gave me the wrong room type.

Both rooms I looked at were dark and shabby. The bathroom door wouldn't close, half the lights wouldn't work. The ac worked great... I guess that is the highlight of this place.

• Stayed October 2008
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank ZacharyS
OH
Reviewed December 7, 2007

Chose the Rodeway after reading the rewiew; no one was at the front desk to check me in; rang the buzzer 4 times and finally someone came to the front desk, assigned me to room 162; when I opened the door it was occupied; back to the desk; sent me to room 187; opened the door and was almost knocked down by the heat; thermostat didn't work; turned it off and opened a window and still was too hot. When I checked out the clerk asked how my stay was and I said it wasn't one of my better stays. She said "sorry to hear that" and gave my my bill. At Hampton Inns, if you're not happy, you don't pay.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank phoneguy4u
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brush
Super 8 Ft. Morgan
Super 8 Ft. Morgan
#4 of 8 in Fort Morgan

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!