“dont be turned off by the outside appearance”

Sand's Inn Park Terrace
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Fort Morgan
evansville, IN
“dont be turned off by the outside appearance”
Reviewed June 3, 2009

Reminder of 50-60's motel; two story motel, exterior entrances, outsides staircases, tiny office, but don't despair. The interior is brand new, beautifully designed, and comfortable. Not your stainless steel towel racks, non-descript furnishings, but designer hardware and furniture. Ask for the King Bolutique room. you will be pleasantly surprised, and with Memories restaurant attached, the setup is perfect.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank welltraveled75

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 17, 2008

We didn't stay at the hotel but ate at the restaurant while passing through town. It was such a great choice for dinner! The staff are friendly.

We ordered sandwiches and loved them. My husband had a chicken sandwich and I had the patty melt. We both had room for dessert and ordered the Sour Cream Raisin Pie and the Banana Cream Pie. WOW. So good! The raisin pie has a mocha flavor that was great. The banana cream pie was fresh and creamy.

I hope this place stays there for a long time.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank lindagn1
Crestline CA
Reviewed June 10, 2008

A nice motel, reasonably priced. For a few dollars more, opt for one of their "boutique" rooms. The decor is definitely not Best Western! Everything was clean, the desk helpful, and there is a restaurant next door. (You get a slight discount there for breakfast.) It is on a busy street, but the noise, while mildly annoying, is not terribly obtrusive.

I wish I could say the same about the jogger-weightlifters upstairs making the most amazing thudding, scraping noises until well past midnight. With the TV on full blast to boot! (I thought perhaps it was uncontrolled children working off steam for several hours, but the noises were too heavy for that.) I suppose this could happen anywhere, but it really does color your feeling for a place.

• Liked — Boutique rooms
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Surudo
Colorado
Reviewed January 1, 2008

Stayed one night in a king-bed, no-smoking, no-pets room. Very clean, neat and quiet. Adorably appointed with an embossed tin ceiling and interesting furniture - not your standard hotel room pressboard stuff. Ate breakfast in attached Memories restaurant the next morning. Food excellent, service friendly, and lots of interesting decor to look at -- old photos, murals on the wall, etc. Would definitely stay there again!

• Liked — Clean, neat, cozy
  • Disliked — Well, it is Fort Morgan! They roll up the sidewalks about 9 p.m.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
Detroit
Reviewed August 22, 2007

My 21 year old son was traveling alone and had a tire blow out just outside of Fort Morgan late on a Sunday night. I called my cousin who lives in Denver and she gave me Best Western's review and number from her AAA book. When I called I spoke to a very helpful employee named Beverly. She told me she knew exactly where he was and said it as a safe area. Then looked up numbers for both a towing service and a tire repair in town. She was getting ready to close for the night but waited for him to arrive safely. Beverly was such a comforting voice to not only me but to my son who was sitting in the pitch black of the Colordao plains. He stayed at Best Westerns for the rest of the way back to Detroit. At the Best Western in Stering CO an employee named Ron even gave him a hardship discount. Great customer service! My deepest gratitude and thanks for going over and above. You have our business from now on.

• Liked — great customer service
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank susgra54
Golden, Colorado
Reviewed June 24, 2006

We stayed one night at the Park Terrace to attend the local Glenn MIller Festival. I was presently surprised by the newer furnishings, newer carpet, and overall condition. There was a fridge and a microwave.

As my husband is in the military we asked for and got the military rate-better than any comperable hotel in Denver. We traveled with our sons. I liked that the room came with two queen beds not merely doubles.

No it is not the high end but it was very clean. My only complaint is that there are no blow dryers in the rooms. I leave mine at home because it seems to be a standard room amenity now. I will not make that mistake again.

The motel shares the property with Memories restaurant. It is very convenient, clean with a pleasant atmosphere, but the food is really just okay except for the cinnamon rolls. The rolls are great!

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank ColoradoLiketoTravel
Paso Robles, California
Reviewed April 6, 2005

We didn't stay at the hotel, but when passing through Ft. Morgan during a wind storm we stopped at Memories Restaurant to eat.

This is one of the best family restaurants I have ever been to. The decor is fun to look at, there are old timey murals painted on the walls along with quilts, and antiques that are hung up. Even their bathroom was neat with antiques displayed.

The food was SO good. I had a standard eggs, homefries and pancake breakfast, but the pancakes were the best I have had. My husband had the biscuits and gravy which he really enjoyed.

The prices are very affordable and we made a note on our map to make sure we could recommend this place to the rest of our family and friends that may be passing through someday.

Stayed April 2005
Clarion Inn Fort Morgan
Clarion Inn Fort Morgan
#5 of 8 in Fort Morgan
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brush

Been to Sand's Inn Park Terrace? Share your experiences!