“Hotel Owner Very Rude”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Garland
Ft. Garland Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Fort Garland
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Hotel Owner Very Rude”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

Stayed in the hotel sometime last year and we stayed with our dog. The rooms were very clean, and basic. The beds were comfortable. The owner is strange, however; not very business like. I just called today 9-3-11 and wanted to stay with my daughter and dog again. The owner very abruptly said "NO! ABSOLUTELY NOT! She could have said "I'm sorry we don't accept pets." This response would have been more appropriate. Too bad, my family frequents the area and we won't do business at the Ft Garland Motor Inn.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank lsipes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Colorado City, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

Anna was not as strange as was reported in previous reviews. My parents enjoyed her conversations and the rooms were very clean.

Room Tip: There are little foyers between some rooms for kids and parents to have privacy.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

My handicap uncle and I wanted to stay in Ft Garland after playing Golf at the Cattails golf course just up the road in Alamosa. Prior to looking for a motel there I had done my research here on-line. I had read all the crazy reviews about the Motor inn so I wanted to avoid it if possible. So I first tried to get a room at the lodge down the street from the motor in. Which was the only other motel in town. However due to it being 4th of July weekend they were all booked up. So I figured I would try motor inn for myself just to see what it was like. They wanted double the price the lodge would have wanted if they had had another room available. I also see what everyone else is saying. That woman is not very friendly. She is sort of snappy and just weird. I told her my uncle was handicapped and she wanted to know if he wore diapers. We didn't end up staying there. We drove on down to trails inn in Trinidad and got a room for
Only 65$ much better than the 100$ price Anna wanted at the motor in. If the lodge would have had a room we could have stayed there for only 50$. Wow!

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank Rain982
FortGarland, Manager at Ft. Garland Motor Inn, responded to this review, March 17, 2017
I am so sorry to hear of your experience. The hotel was sold and has been under new management as of March of 2017. We would love to have you back for a new experience anytime. Thank you for your feedback.
United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2011

Everything eveyone has said is true. I live in the area and had to stay there one night when our water pipes froze.

The place is clean, immaculate, pristine. The owners' take pride in the appearance of the property.

However, the owners do have an odd way about them that could put off most guests. They ask questions they probably shouldn't and get a little weird before you even check in.

The day I stepped in the door and said I'd like a room, the first question I was asked was if I had pet. (no) The second question was if I smoked (no) then I was told I could not bring any of my own linens or pillows into the motel because of wide-spread bed bug problems from other areas (well, if I am staying at a hotel, why would I bring my own linens???)

FINALLY, I was given a slip to fill out. Then I got grilled about why I needed a room if I lived in the area (frozen pipes, lady).

After all of that, I paid, got a key and went to the room. The rooms are CLEAN, but are the average hotel decor, etc. Note: The rooms do NOT have hair dryers in them.

My husband joined me later in the night and also got the weird looks when he arrived by another vehicle and used the side door to come in.

Other than the owners' esoteric manner, the stay provided heat, hot water and showers + a coffee pot for AM coffee and a relatively sound sleep.

Motel is located next to liquor store, several restaurants within walking distance or 5 minute drive.

Note: they do NOT allow pets and I believe the entire motel now is non-smoking

To the person who said there is no cell phone service, ATT just put up a new cell tower since they bought out AllTel and we have great cell phone reception in the area now.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FoodieByChoice
Scott City, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2011

We were traveling with friends and stayed in this motel. I admit we were nervous after reading the reviews but motel rooms are limited so you take what you can get. Having said that, we found Anna to be very engaging and we were NOT the least bit insulted by her keeping an 'eye' on us. She was funny and chipper and full of good tips and stories. We found ourselves laughing and almost seeking her out for more stories. Sorry some people are so sensitive or are looking for something to complain about. We would stay with Anna again in a heart beat.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank PicassoT
USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2010

I traveled through here with my family for a short vacation and decided to stop here after seeing a decent amount of reviews. Well, don't believe any of the good reviews! The management/owners are judgmental, unkind and seem to almost go out of their way to make you feel unwelcome and uncomfortable. As soon as we entered we were not greeted and I had to prompt the front desk that I wanted to check in. We were eyeballed up and down and given pointed glares. I am so disgusted by how we were treated that I ended up taking my family an extra hour down the road to find another place to stay.
Word of advice: Please do not be fooled over the phone by what might seem like a charming person. If they don't like you for any reason they will make you feel unwanted and would even turn you away.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank spyder207
Wenham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

Fort Garland is not exactly a metropolis. We were driving from Colorado Springs to Taos, NM with two young children and they HAD to stop. With very limited choices we chose The Ft.Garland Motor Inn. The hostess was friendly - told us the best restaurant (out of the two available) and offered us a clean, safe room. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Valley Motel
Valley Motel
#8 of 13 in Alamosa
River's Edge Bed and Breakfast at Dodgeton Creek Inn

Been to Ft. Garland Motor Inn? Share your experiences!