“Food is good, but service can be slow if it's a busy night”

Nyala Ethiopian Cuisine
Ranked #81 of 654 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2014

The food is really great and pretty inexpensive for a sit down restaurant. The only problem is I went on a busy night and it took the one waitress working the restaurant a very long time to get our orders and it took the kitchen a long time to have our food ready. I would still definitely go back for the food! I'd probably just avoid going at peak meal times.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

My family was in Ft. Collins yesterday and went in search of a restaurant with meat from grass-fed animals. When eating out, generally the only affordable option is lamb. Local middle-eastern restaurants did not have lamb available, so we expanded our search and were pleased that we did. At Nyala we were made to feel welcome and tried two of the lamb dishes, with salad and vegetables. All was excellent. It was wonderfully and mildly spiced as we requested. So often mildly spiced foods are too spicy for a child or lacking flavor. This was perfect! We also enjoyed the spiced Ethiopian coffee. My husband who always said he disliked Ethiopian food was completely won over and we hope to return.

1  Thank Terri W
Reviewed November 22, 2013

The place had great ambiance...the decor was great, music was the perfect volume and the traditional seating was very neat. The wait staff was very helpful but a little stretched while we were there. The food was very good...the injera bread was a very different and tasty experience. The main portion was great, both in flavor and presentation...and the kid's meals were a hit. The only drawback was the price was just a bit high, but not enough to keep me from going back in the future.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Since Ethiopian restaurants are hard to find and good Ethiopian food is even harder to find, I like to enjoy it wherever I can find it, so being in Fort Collins again for a few days, I had to return to Nyala. I was not disappointed! If you have never tried Ethiopian, this is the place to cut your teeth on, and for the inexperienced, they have a meat and veggie platter or they have a veggie platter, and the spices can be ordered mild or hot, but regardless of how you order it, be prepared for a sensory experience, the flavors are nothing like you have had before! So, all said, there is no reason not to try it, Bon Appetite!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The restaurant is small but nicely decorated. The waitress was friendly but extremely busy, being the only wait staff on the night we visited. The food was wonderful & we got a lot. I got the spiced tea & it was so good. I really don't remember what it was that I had but being with a large group we were all tasting each others dishes. They were all extremely good. The sponge bread is really good. I would definitely go again when we return to Fort Collins.