“delicious without fat”

Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Just learned about Nyala's from Trip Advisor--wanted something different. This excellent restaurant offers true Ethiopian entres in a restful setting. As 'first timers' the waiter suggested we try the mildest versions. My wife had the chicken Tibs and I ordered the lamb (mine was tastier I feel).Preparation was perfect--small morsels-not fatty- sautéed with tomato, green pepper and onion--we both had collard greens and wonderful yellow split peas. all served on a curious looking pancake like dough. I'd order the same dish again! Save room for the Baklava dessert--delicious too. we shall return--good choice.

There are newer reviews for Nyala Ethiopian Cuisine

Reviewed April 22, 2013

A little expensive, but wonderful ethiopian cuisine. Apparently ethiopian wine is the best EVER! Who knew? Definitely try this place. Remember to greet the owner after your meal as an act of respect. Enjoy!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I've been to Nyala a few times and have never been disappointed! I have only had Ethiopian food at one other establishment and it was so salty and oily I actually couldn't eat it. Never have I had that experience at Nyala. The atmosphere is nice and the service is great. It's fun to get a little messy sometimes and eat without utensils. I have enjoyed multiple different plates and have left satisfied and quite full each time. The only negative thing I can think to say is on the last visit, we ordered sambussa with lentils but found it to be a bit lacking in flavor. Definitely enjoy this restaurant and bringing friends and family to try

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Nyala has been our family favorite for years. There vegetarian options are my favorite and don't forget the Honey Wine! The service is great and very authentic! If you love Ethiopian make a reservation today!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I lived in Ethiopia for a few years, ate the food everyday. I know the spices, the quality issues and serving styles. Nyala is excellent, generous, authentic, serious and stylish. I have been to many Ethiopian restaurants all over the USA and Nyala ranks up there with the best. The true test begins when the food hits the table and Nyala does not disappoint. The coffee ceremony is real, world class coffee, incense, and all the equipment straight from the homeland. Enjoy Nyala, in many ways better than Addis Ababa.