“Great hotel”

Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
Reviewed May 9, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed here and although I had heard some bad things about the area, I was pleasantly surprised at the excellent quality. The man at the front desk was friendly and helpful. My room was on the first floor in a king sized bed. The room was clean, comfortable and had great atmosphere. And I will say, I am a pretty picky traveler who analyzes everything. I found minimal flaws. There is a pool and hot tub, which I did not use sadly due to lack of swimwear, but it looked pretty good.

Although breakfast was the typical, standard breakfast that most places serve, it was still pretty good food. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ember N
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have stayed here for years. Adequate parking for an older facility but remolded when La Qunita took over several years ago. Reasonable rates and good breakfast.
Recently staffing and friendliness of the front desk has slipped and they do not seem to know their customers like they did. I do not feel as welcome as I did for years.
Good location to move up and won I-25 to access points in Fort Collins.

Room Tip: Ask to be near a exit if you need to go back and forth to your car. I like this aspect of this faci...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had 2 Q beds: both mattresses were rock hard with 1" foam pads doing a very poor job of attempting to cover up that fact. I tossed/turned all night long and when I got up, my back felt like I had fractured/taped ribs (which I do not).

Coffee in the lobby at breakfast tastes like burnt battery acid.

Their internet connectivity barely functions and it takes an excruciatingly long time (as long as five minutes, at which point, I gave up) to a) connect, b) load anything or c) attempt to open anything. Can see my email, but cannot OPEN any email, so what's the point? Disconnected and reconnected in an attempt to troubleshoot the connection. Nope. Just a terrible joke masquerading as wireless internet service.

This was BY FAR THE WORST of what is normally a decent, perfectly acceptable chain that we like a lot. Sad.

I had intended to stay two days rather than one, but I cannot do this another night. I will have to go find another hotel so that we can get some SLEEP, have coffee that isn't going to burn a hole in my stomach lining, and actually read/answer my email.

Too bad. La Quinta, overall, is usually a very good chain. If you're in the area and stopping for the night, try the La Quinta, Loveland or Cheyenne, WY. Both are very good. Skip Fort Collins. If you must stay in Ft. Collins, choose another hotel.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed at the La Quinta in Fort Collins while in town for the birth of my grandson. I stayed 8 nights, and it met my needs perfectly. My room was spotless, and I am one who looks at the sheets, carpet, and bathroom before I unpack to make sure it meets my standards. They have white coverlets on the beds so you can tell they are clean! There was a little wear and tear in general...frayed carpet in a few spots, banged up baseboards, but it far surpassed my expectations for the price. I got a weekly rate which made it even more affordable. I am always in search of a bargain and this one was a bargain! I never went into the pool area or the breakfast area, so I can't comment on them. I never felt unsafe, did not worry about the area...I'm fairly cautious but sometimes returned to the hotel after midnight and it was very quiet and had adequate lighting in the parking lot. Overall, this hotel made my week in Fort Collins relaxing and enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank alabamagirl2
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were going to an amitted student day at CSU. This hotel is located very close to I-25, but there is not issue with highway noise or traffic. It is also verconvient to CSU -- about 10 - 15 minutes.
This is not a newer property, but has been renovated and was very clean and in good condition - both in the common areas and room. The room was a good size and included a refridgerator and microwave. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful with information about the area, extra towels, resturants, etc. We were always greated with a smile and hello. There are only two things that you need to be aware of 1) the hotel is two stories but no elevator 2) the hotel borders an industrial park so do not look for views -- it was safe though, even late at night.
I would recomend this hotle if you are looking for something close to CSU, easy access, a place to sleep, and a good price.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so if you cannot climb one flight of stairs amke sure your get a first floor ro...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family