“Will not stay here again”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Collins
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Room was OK as was breakfast and check in. But, lots of guys hanging around the parking lot. Side doors are such that someone can hide in the shadows and you can't see them as you approach. I was coming back into the hotel after walking my dog. I keyed in and a guy jumped from around the corner and barged in behind me with no key. Later saw other men hanging around the door looking to do the same I suspect. I'm a big guy with a fairly big dog so I wasn't bothered, but I would not let my wife leave the room after that, and I moved my car right to the front of the hotel. Reported the incident to management, and hope they do something to improve those corners on the side doors.. Maybe I was just happened to be there on a night when something was going on.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

A La Quinta traveler
Golden, Colorado, USA
Reviewed February 5, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed here over Christmas with our two teenaged boys and our parents stayed down the hall from us. Check in was easy and the staff was very accommodating. The hot tub was perfect after a day of skiing at Eldora and the breakfast buffet was a little better than continental but not as good as a full buffet. We had a leaky toilet but it was fixed within minutes of our reporting the leak. Water pressure was great but the water temperature was not stable and the shower head was chest high to an average height female...definitely better suited to a dwarf who appreciates the surprise of hot and cold bursts of water at random.

The hotel allows pets and we saw quite a few dogs walking the halls with their owners in tow, however, during our entire 4 night stay, we only heard one bark so the hotel is very well soundproofed. The back door wasn't very secure. Saw one patron whose key card didn't register on the security lock give a sharp tug and open the exterior door.

Also, the hotel is next door to a 24 hour gas station which came in handy when we realized we needed gas at about midnight on Christmas Eve.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This hotel is close to the highway so easy to get to. We stayed twice in the month of January and both times had a great room, great service and couldn't have been happier with our overall experience. We have friends in the area and since we have a Goldie it is easier to get a room. LQ doesn't charge for pets so this makes for the idea place for us to stay. They have dog stations set up so makes it easy for clean up!! Love this LQ and their staff!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado, USA
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I travel for business often and try to always choose LaQuinta if possible. It is all because of the attributes that the Ft. Collins LaQuinta offers. A friendly and warm greeting is priceless on a long business trip. They never advertise something they don't have and the breakfast was exceptional every morning with the cheerful Minga who takes care of it. What a great value for a safe, clean and pet friendly place!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I really like this chain but don't often stay because I can usually find cheaper options. Between Christmas and New Year my son and I stayed for 2 nights. It's not the best La Quinta I've stayed in but the value overall was very good. Great free breakfast - waffles, sausage patties, eggs, muffins etc. The swimming pool was absolutely freezing which I had to endure twice for my son. Thankfully the hot tub is close by! The one thing that surprised me was the surly person on check in. No huge deal but i felt like I was an irritation to her.

• Stayed: December 2012
Santee, California, USA
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Have stayed at this location several times since 2008. They are always friendly and accommodating. Was there in June of 2012 when there was a bad fire near Estes Park and noticed they were as helpful as possible to all guests including those who stayed there that were helping with the fires. They always have a good breakfast for guests and coffee all day long.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo